IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Kinver: You probably don't need to completely re-start the iPad. Double click on home button, scroll to the A+ app, and swipe up to kill the app. Click the home button again to go back to the home screen and re-launch A+.

This works every time for me.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hello Dahlberg,

It may be that the "Shake to undo" feature is "on" on your iPad which is its default status.

A "manly" rotation of your iPad may sometimes trigger it, hence the prompt you have noticed.

If you have IOS 9 installed on your iPad, you are in luck, as it is the first IOS version on which that feature can be turned off.

If you go in the settings of your tablet (IOS 9 of course), you get to "General", then to "Accessibility", and look for "Shake to undo". You may turn it off.

Hoping it helps,

Waldburg

I have a problem with a dialogwindow. It comes up as:

"Undo action"

"undo set playlist in playqueue"

"Cancel"

And it appaers for no logical reason. Just rotating the Ipad triggers it, quite annoing actually.

I usually hit "Cancel" to make it go away.

Is there some setting I can do to make this dissapear for good ? I haven't found any.

Hello Dahlberg,

It may be that the "Shake to undo" feature is "on" on your iPad which is its default status.

A "manly" rotation of your iPad may sometimes trigger it, hence the prompt you have noticed.

If you have IOS 9 installed on your iPad, you are in luck, as it is the first IOS version on which that feature can be turned off.

If you go in the settings of your tablet (IOS 9 of course), you get to "General", then to "Accessibility", and look for "Shake to undo". You may turn it off.

Hoping it helps,

Waldburg

thank's

yes it helps

pascal

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Thank you for the hint!! done it on my iPhone.

checking it right now, it didn't work on my iPhone 5C, the message just change to: i'm in french...

Cancel the Action

Undo apply 9 tracks metadata changes

Cancel

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Anyway waiting for the next remote update...

Today after a couple of months trashing iTunes integrated mode and REDONE MANY of my tagging to fit with A+, i was trying with settings to get my DAC to play at is best when upsampling at 384mHz without skipping notes...

I'm happy now, thanks with the help of ''dgilz'' i pretty much succeed... must be something new also with new El Capitan that change something now i need DSD native playing with Wyred DAC 2 DSDse and A+

Don't be scared, Happy Halloween all :-)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Hello Dahlberg,

Hoping it helps,

Waldburg

It didn't help on my Ipad 2. Thanks anyway.

i was trying with settings to get my DAC to play at is best when upsampling at 384mHz without skipping notes...

Upsampling to the extreme, I assume you mean kHz... ;-)

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

Hey, I was told to try here... could someone help me please?

I've sorted all my (half a GB) music in iTunes, now installed Audirvana and am very much considering buying it due to its amazing sound, only I'd like to solve my syncing issues first:

I've done a folders sync as recommended and right after did an iTunes sync (with iTunes being switched off), several times already, and always when the syncing is finished Audirvana tells me that some files have artwork in iTunes but not in Audirvana and asks me if I want to include that artwork in the meta data of the files. I always 'select all' and hit 'yes' but it never has an effect - in Audirvana those albums still don't have a cover. I consider it way too much work to manually drop a cover on all these albums... what can I do?

Please help!

Hey, I was told to try here... could someone help me please?

I've sorted all my (half a GB) music in iTunes, now installed Audirvana and am very much considering buying it due to its amazing sound, only I'd like to solve my syncing issues first:

I've done a folders sync as recommended and right after did an iTunes sync (with iTunes being switched off), several times already, and always when the syncing is finished Audirvana tells me that some files have artwork in iTunes but not in Audirvana and asks me if I want to include that artwork in the meta data of the files. I always 'select all' and hit 'yes' but it never has an effect - in Audirvana those albums still don't have a cover. I consider it way too much work to manually drop a cover on all these albums... what can I do?

Please help!

I would really recommend and encourage you to try to properly embed the album art in your files. I'm not sure why the function in Audirvana isn't working for you, but there are various other tools available to help you do this, such as Doug's tools which you can use through iTunes, or programs such as mp3tag, yate or my personal favourite, metadatics. Many of these standalone metadata programs will retrieve and embed album art for you at the click of a button. You will be surprised at how quick the process is, and you can get through a large number of albums really quite quickly. I actually find the process of editing metadata quite satisfying (must be my OCD). Give it a try if you still have no joy with doing it via Audirvana.

I would really recommend and encourage you to try to properly embed the album art in your files. I'm not sure why the function in Audirvana isn't working for you, but there are various other tools available to help you do this, such as Doug's tools which you can use through iTunes, or programs such as mp3tag, yate or my personal favourite, metadatics. Many of these standalone metadata programs will retrieve and embed album art for you at the click of a button. You will be surprised at how quick the process is, and you can get through a large number of albums really quite quickly. I actually find the process of editing metadata quite satisfying (must be my OCD). Give it a try if you still have no joy with doing it via Audirvana.

Thanks for the response!

Well, I'd like to try that. But I tried iTunes' function 'automatically search for cover art' a while ago and I ended up with wrong cover art for some of my albums. So now as my library is very extensive I don't want to risk any programme exchanging the correct cover art that is embedded in most of my files with probably wrong stuff from the internet... Where woiuld metadatics take the cover art from?

Btw, one of my playlists (which contains more than 7.500 tracks) is never synced with Audirvana - it's there in Audirvana, but it's empty. Is Audirvana not capable of syncing playlists with more than so-and-so tracks?

Thanks for the response!

Well, I'd like to try that. But I tried iTunes' function 'automatically search for cover art' a while ago and I ended up with wrong cover art for some of my albums. So now as my library is very extensive I don't want to risk any programme exchanging the correct cover art that is embedded in most of my files with probably wrong stuff from the internet... Where woiuld metadatics take the cover art from?

Btw, one of my playlists (which contains more than 7.500 tracks) is never synced with Audirvana - it's there in Audirvana, but it's empty. Is Audirvana not capable of syncing playlists with more than so-and-so tracks?

I think metadatics takes the album art from Amazon, which is typically 500x500. There is also the option to pull metadata from musicbrainz (I think).

If you are happy with the artwork that you currently have in iTunes, then I would recommend looking into using Doug's scripts to embed the artwork as you currently see it in iTunes into the files. This is pretty much how I started when I made the (excellent) decision to sort out my music library's metadata. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

I think metadatics takes the album art from Amazon, which is typically 500x500. There is also the option to pull metadata from musicbrainz (I think).

If you are happy with the artwork that you currently have in iTunes, then I would recommend looking into using Doug's scripts to embed the artwork as you currently see it in iTunes into the files. This is pretty much how I started when I made the (excellent) decision to sort out my music library's metadata. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Sounds good - where do I find 'doug's scripts'?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Can someone please advise as to how to close the full-scale cover art pop-up window?

just click outside of it... but i have once have to quit A+ to get rid of it :-)

Yeah Thanks but that only works on occasion and restarting A+ is usually the only recourse.

Perhaps Damien can install a close button on that window when he gets around to it.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

Yeah Thanks but that only works on occasion and restarting A+ is usually the only recourse.

Perhaps Damien can install a close button on that window when he gets around to it.

Why an unnecessary extra button? Much better to make it close consistently by touching anywhere outside the window - or by touching on the window itself.

Just purchased Audirvana. I'm having a strange problem with ripped cd flac files.

At least 1 track is missing from my albums after adding to my library. All my hi res downloads and dsd albums are all fine. All my cd ripped flac tracks show up fine if I use HQ player. ????

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

Why an unnecessary extra button? Much better to make it close consistently by touching anywhere outside the window - or by touching on the window itself.

The clicking outside the window hasn't exactly been working has it, hence the suggested dedicated 'hard' button.

If Damien can get it to consistently work with a simple click on the window or outside of it then I'm all for it.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528