IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

So, i just wish someone will do it for youS... (not talking to you specificatly "speavler")

i wish Damien have more important things to adjust beside that, since it takes 5 minutes to correct for all of youS.

Maybe something more important like keeping your preferences for windows that you take care to adjust...

like everytime i open A+ it doesn't remember in list view how you i put the middle section of window... when you switch to album view and back to list view, you lost your preferences window or when you click playlist and back to list view and again have to adjust what you have put before... that is annoying... The THE settings is plain easy to pass on... tooks 5 minutes to adjust and you are set for life.

i have more than 100 Frank Zappa albums and more than 100 Bootlegs of FZ... i renamed them Zappa Frank [released] and Zappa Frank [bootlegs], i'm not waiting for Damien to put in A+ software Frank Zappa in Z instead of F... but i wish it will soon be easy to scroll in album and not in songs of album... that is annoying and i can't adjust it, Damien could. My two cents.

Happy A+ listening All !

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Can't you just create a playlist (smart or plain) and shuffle it?

Yes, I can do that. However, the moment I search for a track in the library or any other playlist, the playlist queue kicks in and creates a small playlist around that, using the search terms (if the search was specific enough the playlist queue will only contain that track). And although I clear the search bar the playlist will continue to play only what's in the playlist queue. The solution to going back to track shuffle mode is to just click on another track in the library or playlist. Otherwise it will continue to play what's in the playlist queue. Forever, seemingly. I'd just like to be able to kill the playlist queue. Plain and simple. Make the library or my playlist the one and only play source. Like in Audirvana 1 and most of the audio players out there.

And then there are some unplayable tracks. I click on the track and nothing happens (the file's ok, nothing wrong with it). That usually happens in the playlists, not in the library. Search for it in the library and click on it, it suddenly works. What's up with that?

Otherwise, great player.

i want my THE under T, it is logical...

it's their name that is like that...

No, it's not logical - at least not for native English speakers or anyone educated in English. It's just incorrect. There's no reason for A+ to treat the language differently than other programs, or than library card files or record store shelves. (HINT: if you find The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, and The Montreal Symphony Orchestra under T, you're in the wrong store…)

I would equally not expect it to file things under Le or La or L' or Il or I or Die or Der or Das, et cetera.

It is not logical to suggest that people should edit their metadata to make it wrong, rather than having the DB get it right.

i don't see THE as an article in front of a word, but as a part of the name of the artist...

But maybe you are right because i'm not English. I put my groups : L'Infonie in L, L'orchestre Sympatique in L and Le Orme in L, Les Rita Mitsouko in L section too.

"It is not logical to suggest that people should edit their metadata to make it wrong, rather than having the DB get it right."

Why you think you are right and not me, i always hated iTunes doing that for me...

Anyway... I just think there is more important things to adjust in A+ and Remote than easy fixing...

Hope Damien will do it for you... english people :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

We had a specific feature request thread (actually called "wish list") at some point, maybe it would be good reviving such a thread.

I'd assume Damien is right now finalizing Qobuz integration, which already works really well in the public beta, and then hopefully update the remote app for Qobuz control.

Beyond that, sorting is one of the outstanding issues, but honestly, if you fix sorting, I'd fix not only the "The" issue, but take a useful feature from iTunes which is the "Sort by" field. For example, I have all my composers first name last name in my composer field, but iTunes column browser sorts them by last name as I've manually updated the corresponding "sort by" field. Which is by the way an excellent solution also for the "The" issue.

Personally, one more thing I'd like to see is easier rating, I use the star rating a lot, and the remote doesn't even allow any rating, and even the main program makes ratings rather hard to edit.

Also i would like to have the possibility to rate and get only that change save automatically. For other changes it is ok that we click and confirm to save the change manually.

Another point the rating star option for the current song (being played) could be somewhere up (in case we hide the songs detail screen).

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Beyond that, sorting is one of the outstanding issues, but honestly, if you fix sorting, I'd fix not only the "The" issue, but take a useful feature from iTunes which is the "Sort by" field. For example, I have all my composers first name last name in my composer field, but iTunes column browser sorts them by last name as I've manually updated the corresponding "sort by" field. Which is by the way an excellent solution also for the "The".

I totally agree with Musicophile.

Those of us who troubled themselves to fill up the "Sort" metadata fields of our music in iTunes or other software would really appreciate that those fields be adopted by Damien for the display of tracks, albums, composers, album artist or artist.

Run Home Slow, the issue of sorting with or without the article is valid as well for other languages.

As far as I can remember, "Les Chaussettes Noires" or "Les Rita Mitsouko" have always been presented in the respective C and R trays at FNAC and other french record shops.

Of course there remains the vexed question of where do we put "The The"? ;)

…honestly, if you fix sorting, I'd fix not only the "The" issue, but take a useful feature from iTunes which is the "Sort by" field.

I've said this before, but I still I think the "Sort by" capability, à la iTunes, is the best way to deal with the "article" issue, as well as any other sorting issue. For one thing, it takes the whole multiple-language issue off the table, and it gives the end user the maximum flexibility to sort according to individual preferences, as in @Musicophile's example.

In thinking about this, it occurs to me there's a possibility that to a monolingual English-speaking user (viz., most Americans), it might make perfect sense to sort "The Who" under "W," but sorting "L'Histoire du Soldat" under "H" might be utterly confusing.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Is anyone else having a problem with A+ quitting since 'upgrading' to el capitan?

I've turned off direct mode, integer mode . . . fiddled with this, that & the other; nothing is working.

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

Mac Mini (w/Audirvana; MMK; JS2; ext SSD); AQJB; Curious USB; Regen; Curious (20cm); Yggdrasil; anti-cable 6.2 ic; Cary SLI-80 Sig (NOS tubes); diy VHaudio airlock sp; Merlin VSM's (sadly, last iteration); Cardas Clear & VHaudio Flav 4 pwr cords; Tripp Lite iso trans; diy power box; Syn Res ART; diy Shakti Hallograph (4); Bybee room neutralizers & signal enhancers; Furutech GTX outlets; Stillpoints Ultra SS & mini

I've said this before, but I still I think the "Sort by" capability, à la iTunes, is the best way to deal with the "article" issue, as well as any other sorting issue. For one thing, it takes the whole multiple-language issue off the table, and it gives the end user the maximum flexibility to sort according to individual preferences, as in @Musicophile's example.

--David

+1

i always do like that.

Qobuz integration is fantastic !

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

Beyond that, sorting is one of the outstanding issues, but honestly, if you fix sorting, I'd fix not only the "The" issue, but take a useful feature from iTunes which is the "Sort by" field. For example, I have all my composers first name last name in my composer field, but iTunes column browser sorts them by last name as I've manually updated the corresponding "sort by" field. Which is by the way an excellent solution also for the "The" issue.

there already are standard tags for the "The" (or whatever similar) issue: "Sort Artist", "Sort Album Artist" (plus all those for album, track... almost whatever)

all Damien needs to do is enable them in A+

and all users have to do is... use them! :P

this way everyone would be happy and use the sorting he likes the best ;)

(opposite to *monopolizing* the "Grouping" tag, as it's been done ;) but this is another story :P )

Personally, one more thing I'd like to see is easier rating, I use the star rating a lot, and the remote doesn't even allow any rating, and even the main program makes ratings rather hard to edit.

+1

but Damien already said it's coming it will come :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Is anyone else having a problem with A+ quitting since 'upgrading' to el capitan?

I've turned off direct mode, integer mode . . . fiddled with this, that & the other; nothing is working.

Did you have a look at the logs in the console to see exactly what happens ? You should open it right after the crash and according to the time it happened you can trace back the exact error message. Then try to google this message or post it here or on the A+ forums to the attention of Damien Plisson ;)

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

Did you have a look at the logs in the console to see exactly what happens ? You should open it right after the crash and according to the time it happened you can trace back the exact error message. Then try to google this message or post it here or on the A+ forums to the attention of Damien Plisson ;)

Thanks for the response.

I just updated the Mini a couple of days ago, and it seems a setting got thrown off -- no idea which. I've reset everything, & thus far A+ is playing without a hitch. But (as you no doubt know) that can change at the drop of a hat.

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

Mac Mini (w/Audirvana; MMK; JS2; ext SSD); AQJB; Curious USB; Regen; Curious (20cm); Yggdrasil; anti-cable 6.2 ic; Cary SLI-80 Sig (NOS tubes); diy VHaudio airlock sp; Merlin VSM's (sadly, last iteration); Cardas Clear & VHaudio Flav 4 pwr cords; Tripp Lite iso trans; diy power box; Syn Res ART; diy Shakti Hallograph (4); Bybee room neutralizers & signal enhancers; Furutech GTX outlets; Stillpoints Ultra SS & mini

I didn't have any problem after updating from mavericks to el capitan.

My mac mini is a mid 2010 w/ 16gb RAM it works perfectly on el capitan. My music is stored on an external 2x3Tb disks firewire enclosure running on RAID1.

SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

More on SHUFFLE play. Have a look at iTunes (even if you don't use it, It's a free download or visit your local Apple Store and play with a demo). Under CONTROLS > SHUFFLE > you get a choice of By Songs, By Albums, or By Groupings. It's a global setting, but you can always go back to the memo and change it. So you can still shuffle by track if you want to.

Also, with Apple's shuffle by groupings, iTunes will still include individual tracks that aren't tagged as part of a group. So you're not limiting what gets played to only the groups. It's a very powerful feature, and you can find your own ways to use it by how you tag your files.

iTunes and I have long since parted ways. I'm A+ only since the start of version 2 and have not looked back.

Regarding A+ remote: I wish that when you selected Artists, that it would show you an Album view rather than a Track view.

If people also like the track view, perhaps when you select Artists in UITabBarController there could be a custom item in a UINavigationBar where you could switch between track view and album view.

Wilson

Here is an interesting problem I encountered. I am using Audirvana Plus in iTunes Integrated Mode. I cannot play the 24/192 Pono release of Jeff Buckley's Grace from start to finish. The song order is in relevant part, Last Goodbye and then Lilac Wine. At the end of Last Goodbye, Audirvana starts playing Last Goodbye from Grace Around the World. When I use iTunes without Audirvana, this does not occur. I have no idea as to why this is happening. Any thoughts?

Here is an interesting problem I encountered. I am using Audirvana Plus in iTunes Integrated Mode. I cannot play the 24/192 Pono release of Jeff Buckley's Grace from start to finish. The song order is in relevant part, Last Goodbye and then Lilac Wine. At the end of Last Goodbye, Audirvana starts playing Last Goodbye from Grace Around the World. When I use iTunes without Audirvana, this does not occur. I have no idea as to why this is happening. Any thoughts?

I don't have this problem - but then the recent 24/192 of "Grace" contains the only version I have of "Last Goodbye". Some playlist issue, perhaps?

Music Room: Naim CDX/XPS (Olive) and Auralic Altair>Naim NAC82 (Olive)>Naim NAP250 (Olive)>Atlas Ascent 3.0 speaker cables>Focal Aria 906 speakers.

Kitchen: Auralic Aries Mini>Arcam Alpha>B&W M1 speakers.

Office: Mac Mini 2012>Audioquest Evergreen>Meridian Explorer2 DAC>Ruark Audio MR-1 active speakers.

After upgrading to IOS 9.1 (iPad Air 2) the Audirvana Remote app seems less stable. Sometimes there are problems connecting to Audirvana software (Macbook Air) and from time to time the app goes freezing, so its impossible to change artists or songs. I have to shut down completely my iPad and restart. Then the app is functioning for some time. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a problem With iOS 9.1 and Audirvana Remote app?

I have a problem with a dialogwindow. It comes up as:

"Undo action"

"undo set playlist in playqueue"

"Cancel"

And it appaers for no logical reason. Just rotating the Ipad triggers it, quite annoing actually.

I usually hit "Cancel" to make it go away.

Is there some setting I can do to make this dissapear for good ? I haven't found any.

I have a problem with a dialogwindow. It comes up as:

"Undo action"

"undo set playlist in playqueue"

"Cancel"

And it appaers for no logical reason. Just rotating the Ipad triggers it, quite annoing actually.

I usually hit "Cancel" to make it go away.

Is there some setting I can do to make this dissapear for good ? I haven't found any.

I have the same issue. No solution though...

I have th same issue, I've noticed it happens when I simply rotate my iPad from portrait to landscape or the other way...

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2