IGNORED

Uptone Regen and your DAC. What DAC do you use?

When the USB Regen arrives, I'll be using it with a Metrum Acoustics Octave MkII, equipped with their USB 2 module, which requires external power. I intend to use the $80 TeraDak Teralink 5V/9V LPS to supply 9V to the USB Regen.

:-)

Mike

When the USB Regen arrives, I'll be using it with a Metrum Acoustics Octave MkII, equipped with their USB 2 module, which requires external power. I intend to use the $80 TeraDak Teralink 5V/9V LPS to supply 9V to the USB Regen.

:-)

Mike

Ditto except I shall one-up Mike with a slightly beefier 8V 2.5A TeraDak to power my forthcoming Amber REGEN :P

No doubt Mike will have the last laugh from his $70 savings, not to mention that the dual outputs on his Teradak will empower him to A/B test his rig with and without the REGEN in the chain with relative ease, or perhaps to separately power an SSD or audiophile USB card in future :D

Though I'd reckon we'll both gladly replace our Teradaks when JS & Alex unleash their budget-priced low-amperage quality LPSU this autumn or winter ;)

I suspect that it may be a low voltage drop "super (?) regulator" of some kind to further clean up the existing SMPS plugpack's output.Possibly including a choke to prefilter the SMPS HF ripple.

I would be surprised if it doesn't have wider applications with SMPS plugpacks in general.

We hope to try a JLH PSU add-on in line with the supplied SMPS plugpack after Audiophile Neuroscience ( David) receives his Amber Regen . It doesn't need any additional power either.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I suspect that it may be a low voltage drop "super (?) regulator" of some kind to further clean up the existing SMPS plugpack's output.Possibly including a choke to prefilter the SMPS HF ripple.

I would be surprised if it doesn't have wider applications with SMPS plugpacks in general.

Sorry, that's not it at all. Too conventional! ;)

We hope to try a JLH PSU add-on in line with the supplied SMPS plugpack after Audiophile Neuroscience ( David) receives his Amber Regen . It doesn't need any additional power either.

Alex

I would be interested to hear the results of that test.

Have a ripple filter, though not the JLH PSU add-on.

Wonder what this mystery add-on from UpTone Audio is, enquiring minds would like to know :)

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

Sorry, that's not it at all. Too conventional! ;)

Alex C

It would appear that many members would love to see a small external in line device that can be used in conjunction with SMPS Plugpacks to provide much improved power for external devices such as DACs, SSD's etc. WITHOUT the need for any further transformer or mains connection.

Regards

Alex K.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Alex C

It would appear that many members would love to see a small external in line device that can be used in conjunction with SMPS Plugpacks to provide much improved power for external devices such as DACs, SSD's etc. WITHOUT the need for any further transformer or mains connection.

Regards

Alex K.

Patience my friend. All in good time. :)

I have an Amber Regen on order expected to ship next week, which I will be using with the Bricasti M1 DAC. I'm really looking forward to hearing it for myself after reading about it for all this time!

Bill, I would really like to hear your impressions once you have them up and running.

Also, does your M1 have the new power supply? And what source do you use?

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Bill, I would really like to hear your impressions once you have them up and running.

Also, does your M1 have the new power supply? And what source do you use?

Hey Al - yes my M1 is the current version with all of their latest hardware (including new PS, OCC fuse bypasses and their new DSP board!) running v1.22 firmware. I'll post my impressions once I receive the Amber Regen and have it running in for a bit. I use a Windows laptop which has been optimized as a dedicated music server running JRiver, which will feed the Regen into the M1's USB input.

Hate to drag everyone back to the OT but is anyone using the Regen with a Wyred4Sound DAC2 yet?

Hope to get my Regen next week and will post :-)

Yes!

W4S DAC2 + Regen Green + Corning cable = HUGE IMPROVEMENT, absolutely a WOW, life changing!

Just got my DAC2 upgraded to DSDse and improvement is not nearly the same but still worth every penny. I guess the galvanic isolation of the usb actually does work to some extent, but certainly not completely.

Can't wait for my Regen Amber upgrade for even more.

If your DAC2 isn't the DSDse, you will be amazed. If it is a DSDse, you will only be a very happy camper.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

I use an SoTM SMS100 Miniserver with battery PS. Haven't read all the Regen threads, but I wonder about whether I could expect much. USB output from my SMS100 should be extremely clean already.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

I use an SoTM SMS100 Miniserver with battery PS. Haven't read all the Regen threads, but I wonder about whether I could expect much. USB output from my SMS100 should be extremely clean already.

I just bought a SOtM mini server on the used market, so in a couple of weeks I should be able to tell you. I don't have the battery PS, but I'll be powering it with a Sonore Signature PS. If it makes a difference in that setup it probably will for you to.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

what hub did you use with the Corning before you got the Regen?

Yes!

W4S DAC2 + Regen Green + Corning cable = HUGE IMPROVEMENT, absolutely a WOW, life changing!

Just got my DAC2 upgraded to DSDse and improvement is not nearly the same but still worth every penny. I guess the galvanic isolation of the usb actually does work to some extent, but certainly not completely.

Can't wait for my Regen Amber upgrade for even more.

If your DAC2 isn't the DSDse, you will be amazed. If it is a DSDse, you will only be a very happy camper.

what hub did you use with the Corning before you got the Regen?

Ordered Corning after I got my Regen Green, so no other hub ever used.

In other news, I just ordered an HDPlex LPS. It will power my Regen Amber and HQ Player NAA. I will also try Regen Green plugged directly into Regen Amber now that I have another power supply to power both Regens.

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Corning (a used one) just gave up the ghost here. These things must be quite fragile - had a Mapleshade for years and no problem, so I'm not exactly hard on cables.

Mapleshade back in with the Green for now.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Corning (a used one) just gave up the ghost here. These things must be quite fragile - had a Mapleshade for years and no problem, so I'm not exactly hard on cables.

Mapleshade back in with the Green for now.

My Corning only has to last until my amber upgrade arrives, after that I don't care. I have been running it 24/7 to burn in my dac upgrade. It has been scary though.

Bob

Ordered Regen to be used on Lampi Big7. I have Aurender N100 and two USB cables, Totaldac and Wireworld Starlight Platinum 7.

You will love it. Am running Green/Corning now and breaking in the EML mesh plate 45s on the B7 as we speak…

Patiently waiting on the Amber upgrade to see if Corning become suprefluous to requirements…LoL