IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

You need a computer for deleting files.

Follow the Aurender docs to see how with either a Mac or Windows computer, how to mount the N10's internal drives on your desktop.

Then, you can simply go into the N10's drives and delete any corrupt files.

Do you know why the files/tracks were corrupt?

Where had they been stored and used before?

Dave, who also has an N10

Thank you for the advice. I need to do a lot of editing. The files were corrupted during transfer from cloud to PC to USB drive to N10. I wanted to delete them on the Aurender and reload good versions.

I ordered a new Aurender N10 today, a silver one with 4TB of storage. The more I researched this music server the more it appealed to me. A friend has two N10's, one 4TB and one 8TB model. He has two excellent sound systems and loves the Aurender N10's. He told me they would be the very last audio components to ever leave his home.

Looks like I have to endure a short wait so I am beginning to rip music to a spare 1TB hard drive in anticipation of moving the music files to the N10. I have already downloaded the Aurender Conductor app to my iPad. I am excited and looking forward to enjoying the N10 music server.

Dan

I ordered a new Aurender N10 today, a silver one with 4TB of storage. The more I researched this music server the more it appealed to me. A friend has two N10's, one 4TB and one 8TB model. He has two excellent sound systems and loves the Aurender N10's. He told me they would be the very last audio components to ever leave his home.

Looks like I have to endure a short wait so I am beginning to rip music to a spare 1TB hard drive in anticipation of moving the music files to the N10. I have already downloaded the Aurender Conductor app to my iPad. I am excited and looking forward to enjoying the N10 music server.

Congratulations, it's really awesome! [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Good job... thumbs up!

;-)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Brian.......Much appreciated. Fortunately, not being able to use the USB output on the Aurender N10 to the K-03 is not a deal breaker. I just wanted to know whether the N10 was capable of handling external USB drivers. My intent is to make use of the N10's coaxial output to the Esoteric K-03 DAC. This will work perfectly for me. Thank you for responding to my question.

Brian: How does playing Aurender (N100H in my case) via RCA Spdif Coax (or AES EBU) into DAC sound vs with async USB? I know there are limitations in regards to Native DSD and PCM above 24/192, but I'm wondering if there is an advantage by avoiding all of the USB issues? I've been contemplating trying it via an external USB to SPIDF converter.

If my DAC had IS2 (it does not), I would definitely go this route because IS2 does play DSD.

Thanks

Bug alert!

I noticed the latest firmware update of Aurender to cause audio dropouts for 1 to 3 seconds when playing hi-res music files. I hope Aurender fix this fast. I would also like to have the ability to turn on and off USB power - this is a very good feature especially for DAC that does not require a USB power for hand shake - SQ is up significantly if the USB power can be turned off.

Bug alert!

I noticed the latest firmware update of Aurender to cause audio dropouts for 1 to 3 seconds when playing hi-res music files. I hope Aurender fix this fast. I would also like to have the ability to turn on and off USB power - this is a very good feature especially for DAC that does not require a USB power for hand shake - SQ is up significantly if the USB power can be turned off.

Thanks. Which Aurender are you using?

Brian: How does playing Aurender (N100H in my case) via RCA Spdif Coax (or AES EBU) into DAC sound vs with async USB? I know there are limitations in regards to Native DSD and PCM above 24/192, but I'm wondering if there is an advantage by avoiding all of the USB issues? I've been contemplating trying it via an external USB to SPIDF converter.

If my DAC had IS2 (it does not), I would definitely go this route because IS2 does play DSD.

Thanks

I just saw this. In my experience USB vs. SPDIF coax is close; some prefer AES over SPDIF. A good USB cable works quite well.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Bug alert!

The last update was in June or am I missing something? Did a new one just come out? I have no such issue with a N10.

Also concerning agladstone comment on what cable to connect. I prefer the AES EBU I did initial testing with similar quality cables and liked the AES EBU best. Maybe I was just confirming my bias as I just don't get the fascination with USB. It seems like a connection that many manufacturers have worked hard to make it work yet have over looked the obvious standard connection. I get it that this whole thing started with laptops and it was the only connection available but I think most would agree Aurender like products have kind of obsoleted the laptop or mac mini for that matter. Just like modern DAC's have basically obsoleted preamps if digital is your only source.

I'm putting on my flame resistant clothing awaiting incoming fire balls.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

I just saw this. In my experience USB vs. SPDIF coax is close; some prefer AES over SPDIF. A good USB cable works quite well.

Thanks! I suppose I'll stick with the USB for now. I keep throwing more and more money at my USB connection trying to correct all its limitations (Intona Isolator, split USB cables, W4S Recovery, multiple LPS for each device, etc.), however since my DAC does not have a IS2 input, I don't want to sacrifice native DSD.

Thank you and others for responses!!

The last update was in June or am I missing something? Did a new one just come out? I have no such issue with a N10.

Also concerning agladstone comment on what cable to connect. I prefer the AES EBU I did initial testing with similar quality cables and liked the AES EBU best. Maybe I was just confirming my bias as I just don't get the fascination with USB. It seems like a connection that many manufacturers have worked hard to make it work yet have over looked the obvious standard connection. I get it that this whole thing started with laptops and it was the only connection available but I think most would agree Aurender like products have kind of obsoleted the laptop or mac mini for that matter. Just like modern DAC's have basically obsoleted preamps if digital is your only source.

I'm putting on my flame resistant clothing awaiting incoming fire balls.

No flames incoming. [emoji6] But I would like to remark that the Aurender is simply a computer itself, albeit a very specialized and excellent sounding one. I have no issues with USB whatsoever. ?

Did anyone tried any of the usb isolators availbale in the market (intona; jplay, others) with the N100H?

Clear results or?

TIA.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Did anyone tried any of the usb isolators availbale in the market (intona; jplay, others) with the N100H?

Clear results or?

TIA.

I have intona and regen connecting my aurender with the lampizator dac. It's my preferred way of wiring up. Some found the regen to impart a certain hardness to the presentation. Ymmv

N100 > Intona > W4S Recovery > DAC works a treat for me (see sig).

Clear results or?

TIA.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I also have the W4S plugged into a Keces PS in between my N100S and Oppo Modwright. Nice bump from the Regen I had prior.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Where are the A10 owners at? Very little chatter on this piece. I could get rid of 5 pieces of equipment, not to mention interconnects ,USB cables, power supplies. Would love it to be a one box solution.

Any other ideas of a streamer( with at least 1tb storage) that supports all file types,with a great dac and a good pre section in the 5-6k range? I will check on the Lumins.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Clear results or?

TIA.

Just yesterday I received an Alldaq USB isolator. It has been connected and running between my N100h and Auralic Vega for about 10 hours now. Gave it a brief listen earlier and it sounds very promising. Will get round to proper listening at the weekend. Should have about 40-50 hours on it by then.

Cool, I've seen the Alldaq about for a while, wonder how it compares to the Intona?

Just yesterday I received an Alldaq USB isolator. It has been connected and running between my N100h and Auralic Vega for about 10 hours now. Gave it a brief listen earlier and it sounds very promising. Will get round to proper listening at the weekend. Should have about 40-50 hours on it by then.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

Couldn't say but thought it was worth investigating. Hans Beekhuyzen reviewed one. He found it be transparent to the signal and that if you didn't have any issues it would do no harm. It is early days for me but at this point I am noticing benefits from its inclusion. By necessity I use Ethernet over power in my network and I live if a block of flats so have neighbours on all sides. I imagine I must have some noise issues.

N100 > Intona > W4S Recovery > DAC works a treat for me (see sig).

This is not a slam on anyone, just out loud thoughts. A unit that is $2300 and up, you figure the manufacturer would make it so the extras inline would not be needed or wanted. Something like my computer rig, 10000% understand needing it but that type of unit with that price tag, I am surprised that much more is needed.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

The new Aurender N10 music server is installed in the studio sound system making sweet music. I completed the transfer of the music files to the N10 this morning and have been playing with it and enjoying the sound for the past six hours. I used the opportunity to cull the library on the hard drive because I have at least a 100+ CD's I have no interest in any longer. Right now there are 935 CD's and hi-res music files on the N10 hard drive. I may never reach the 4TB storage capacity limit of my N10.

I am absolutely ecstatic to have the N10 in the studio sound system. No more laptop, no more Olive 04HD, just the Aurender N10 making beautiful music. The Aurender Conductor app is smooth, intuitive, and responsive. Tidal hi-fi streaming integrates seamlessly and sounds impressive. It is a joy to scroll through my music library, viewing the cover art, and building playlists. The operating system is swift to respond to commands from the iPad, and the N10's operating system works flawlessly. Talk about an early Christmas present, the Aurender N10 is amazing.

I now have the N10 set on Repeat, playing a playlist over and over to speed the break-in process. I'll let it continue playing 24/7 until I reach 150 to 200 hours. For now I am having a blast learning the app and listening to the Aurender N10. It is a class act.

31140074502_37ff0ce6f1_b.jpg

Dan

On future models maybe they will if they read CA.

Some of this stuff is recent amateur discovery.

Aurenders are great without these tweaks... utterly incredible with them.

This is not a slam on anyone, just out loud thoughts. A unit that is $2300 and up, you figure the manufacturer would make it so the extras inline would not be needed or wanted. Something like my computer rig, 10000% understand needing it but that type of unit with that price tag, I am surprised that much more is needed.

Source:

Control:

Playback:

Misc:

On future models maybe they will if they read CA.

Some of this stuff is recent amateur discovery.

Aurenders are great without these tweaks... utterly incredible with them.

It's a good point though, and I certainly would be very interested if someone from Aurender (or a technically knowledgeable dealer) would step in here and explain to us if there are different technical solutions applied in the several Aurender models w.r.t. USB implementation and isolation. It's clear the more expensive units sound even better, but some more technical reasons why would be great info for this forum! [emoji4]