IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

My new Aurender N10 was delivered a couple weeks ago. What a beauty, looks and sound are sublime. I now have 416 hours of break-in on the music server and it has blossomed to present a totally convincing, holistic, and captivating performance. The Aurender N10 music server is remarkable.

Find my full review here: https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37851

31348500335_9759a5ee9b_b.jpg

Just read your review. Very well written and very recognizable to me. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Just read your review. Very well written and very recognizable to me. Thanks!

Vincent1234.......Thank you. The N10 now has 457 hours of break-in on it. I will consider the break-in complete at 500 hours. I listened to the N10 last night until 1:30 AM. I just could not seem to find the will to go to bed. The Aurender N10 is an astonishing performer. Even streaming Tidal at 16/44.1 sounds amazing.

Dan

Has anyone swapped out (ie "upgraded") the power cable on their Aurender?

Any recommendations, reviews?

coot.......I never installed the factory power cable on my Aurender N10. Right out of the box and into the rack the N10 has been powered with a two meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cable from day one. All components in that two channel system (McIntosh C1000C/P preamp, MC2301 power amps, Esoteric K-03, Aurender N10, and PurePower 2000) are powered with two meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cables. I can't tell you the difference between the N10 with the stock power cable and the WW power cable because I had zero interest in the factory power cord to begin with.

Dan

Has anyone swapped out (ie "upgraded") the power cable on their Aurender?

Any recommendations, reviews?

Hi Coot. Yes, certainly worthwhile! Probably more so when your Aurender has a linear PS as opposed to an SMPS (like the X100). I'm using AudioQuest power cables, which I like. Just ask your dealer to try out some cables and trust your own ears.

BTW: did you end up using Tidal?

Hi Coot. Yes, certainly worthwhile! Probably more so when your Aurender has a linear PS as opposed to an SMPS (like the X100). I'm using AudioQuest power cables, which I like. Just ask your dealer to try out some cables and trust your own ears.

BTW: did you end up using Tidal?

Hi Vincent1234,

Thanks for chiming in. AQ is definitely on my list.

Not tuning in to Tidal yet. Don't have as much time for listening as I would like - to make it worth the $. That will change soon and I most likely will give it a try in the coming new year!

My new Aurender N10 music server break-in is officially complete. I now have 516 hours on it. The N10 has been playing non-stop from the moment I turned it on and last night was the first time I turned N10 off. I had originally considered 300 hours as my break-in target but decided to just let it continue to play until the hours reached 500. The sound exceeds my original expectations by a wide margin. Its presentation is liquid, holistic, and real. From day one the the N10 sounded excellent but I noticed a gradual improvement in my mental connection with the music once the hours exceeded 100. From that point until last night the change in the N10's presentation has been minor. The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable. The Aurender N10 is a wonderful music server on all levels. I am beyond happy, and astonished every time the music begins to flow. Highly recommended.

31618619321_afe2f57e6d_b.jpg

Dan

My new Aurender N10 music server break-in is officially complete. I now have 516 hours on it. The N10 has been playing non-stop from the moment I turned it on and last night was the first time I turned N10 off. I had originally considered 300 hours as my break-in target but decided to just let it continue to play until the hours reached 500. The sound exceeds my original expectations by a wide margin. Its presentation is liquid, holistic, and real. From day one the the N10 sounded excellent but I noticed a gradual improvement in my mental connection with the music once the hours exceeded 100. From that point until last night the change in the N10's presentation has been minor. The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable. The Aurender N10 is a wonderful music server on all levels. I am beyond happy, and astonished every time the music begins to flow. Highly recommended.

"The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable"

The same can be said about the A10 . Pretty decent DAC in the player and I am coming from a Tube Modwright. The A10 sounds even more organic then my previous N100- Oppo- Modwight. set up. I will play a file of Nora Jones 24-192 sourced from a 45 lp and with the minor pops you swear you are listening to Vinyl.

I just installed 2 Synergistic black fuses in the Aurender and we are going to another level!! Highly recommended!! ( A10 and The Synergistic fuses)

Happy holidays,

Russ

31618619321_afe2f57e6d_b.jpg

"The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable"

The same can be said about the A10 . Pretty decent DAC in the player and I am coming from a Tube Modwright. The A10 sounds even more organic then my previous N100- Oppo- Modwight. set up. I will play a file of Nora Jones 24-192 sourced from a 45 lp and with the minor pops you swear you are listening to Vinyl.

I just installed 2 Synergistic black fuses in the Aurender and we are going to another level!! Highly recommended!! ( A10 and The Synergistic fuses)

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

russellbobby.......Very cool. I have heard other positive reports on the Aurender A10. I think Aurender has their finger on the pulse of high performance audio gear. Thanks for the comment on upgrading the fuse. I had not thought about a fuse upgrade for my N10. I am using HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses in my preamp, and power amps. I may have to follow your lead and upgrade the fuse just to see (hear) if there is a performance advantage. Appreciate that tip.

Dan

russellbobby.......Very cool. I have heard other positive reports on the Aurender A10. I think Aurender has their finger on the pulse of high performance audio gear. Thanks for the comment on upgrading the fuse. I had not thought about a fuse upgrade for my N10. I am using HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses in my preamp, and power amps. I may have to follow your lead and upgrade the fuse just to see (hear) if there is a performance advantage. Appreciate that tip.

I had Hi-Fi tuning in previous equipment then switched to SR Black fuses. Big leagues VS Minor leagues. Trust me. You can buy 3 for the price of 2 right now.

They also need about 50 hrs but you will notice right out of the box. I have about 200 hrs on the Aurender. Keeps getting better and better.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I had Hi-Fi tuning in previous equipment then switched to SR Black fuses. Big leagues VS Minor leagues. Trust me. You can buy 3 for the price of 2 right now.

They also need about 50 hrs but you will notice right out of the box. I have about 200 hrs on the Aurender. Keeps getting better and better.

I concur with russellbobby on the quality of the A10. I'm surprised. Never thought I would sell my Chord Hugo TT but I did. The A10 is now my sole source, directly into a Chord SPM 1050 power amp and I really love it. Detailled, even more than with the TT, but very musical. I would say...musical like Naim but much more refined.

I'm also very very surprised on how well the A10 fits with the Chord power amp. The pre in the A10 is well worth the one I had in the Hugo TT. Synergy is very good.

Fuses... mmmm.... what are the specs needed for the A10 please?

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

I concur with russellbobby on the quality of the A10. I'm surprised. Never thought I would sell my Chord Hugo TT but I did. The A10 is now my sole source, directly into a Chord SPM 1050 power amp and I really love it. Detailled, even more than with the TT, but very musical. I would say...musical like Naim but much more refined.

I'm also very very surprised on how well the A10 fits with the Chord power amp. The pre in the A10 is well worth the one I had in the Hugo TT. Synergy is very good.

Fuses... mmmm.... what are the specs needed for the A10 please?

you need 2 slow blow 5x20 2 amp. Please double check as I am typing from memory.

I jus my A10 yesterday and I am very happy with the performance so far. I have the SR Black Fuses for the unit but have not installed yet. At the dealer, I compared the DAC section to Bryston DA3 and the Aurender was better. I am running the A10 with an Allnic T1500 integrated amp and that combo is a definite step up from my previous Coincident Frank/ linestage + Lumin A1 combo. More musical, larger sound stage and more transparent. And i prefer the conductor app over roon

I have a question for other A10 owners, have you got the optical input working on your unit - i would like to be able to hook it up to apple tv and dvd player. no luck getting that connection to work as yet

I jus my A10 yesterday and I am very happy with the performance so far. I have the SR Black Fuses for the unit but have not installed yet. At the dealer, I compared the DAC section to Bryston DA3 and the Aurender was better. I am running the A10 with an Allnic T1500 integrated amp and that combo is a definite step up from my previous Coincident Frank/ linestage + Lumin A1 combo. More musical, larger sound stage and more transparent. And i prefer the conductor app over roon

I have a question for other A10 owners, have you got the optical input working on your unit - i would like to be able to hook it up to apple tv and dvd player. no luck getting that connection to work as yet

Pretty high praise. I am getting ready to pair mine with a MicroZOTL2.0 pre amp. The Modwright 9.0 anniversary sounds pretty nice but I think these is more!!

Tidal sounds great and if MQA is all that it is cracked up to be this it will be even a better value.

I just ordered an optical cable. They do go bad. Have you tried another cable? Have the output set to stereo on the Blu-ray player?

This A10 seems to be a real winner. I never thought that it's internal DAC could be at the level that you describe !

I definitively need to try it before I purchase an expensive stand alone USB DAC !

Yes I was very hesitant about it competing with the Oppo Modwright but it actually sounds a lot better in my system. The Oppo uses a Sabre Dac where the Aurender uses a AKM. AKM has a much warmer sound.

Check out Norah Jones. " Its a wonderful time for love'" on the Day Breaks album on Tidal. Norah's Voice is a little hot I think, but just a great sounding tune.

No luck with two differnt cables. Also tried connections to dvd and apple tv and neither work. I contacted support at Aurender to help with this

I figured it out. Everything was hooked up right and the cable was working but I had not payed any attention to the volume control on the A10 because it was being bypassed because i was using the volume control on the integrated amp. Unit came with volume turned off and assumed that was the way it should be run. Anyways, turned the volume control on all of the way on the a10 and that solved the problem. All good now.

I figured it out. Everything was hooked up right and the cable was working but I had not payed any attention to the volume control on the A10 because it was being bypassed because i was using the volume control on the integrated amp. Unit came with volume turned off and assumed that was the way it should be run. Anyways, turned the volume control on all of the way on the a10 and that solved the problem. All good now.

You mean -60 default. I did not know there was a way to bypass the volume control.

Last week i had to unplug my N100S to rearrange the rack, after connecting it I got some noise issues (rattling in the higher frequencies). Have done all the things we're supposed to do in this situations, disconnected all the cables of the unit, the dac and connected back in.

Still the problem persists. Aurender support says everything's ok, nothing is corrupted, but this thing is driving me nuts.

Strange thing is that it doesn't occur in all musicd, however I do feel that the overall performance is not up there to where I'm used to.

It's very odd indeed.

Anyone who have experienced something like this please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.