IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

+1 on rip it to wav if your system can tell the difference. On my 2 channel rig, ( laptop, Intona, w4s recovery, w4s dac2, using dbpoweramp to rip, joule preamp, Mcintosh amp, PSB speakers I can hear a difference in the highs and midrange between flac and wav.

However, in my HT, Pioneer elite sc27, Sony blueray digital out to the sc27, Polk rig all around streaming from the same nas, I cannot here the difference so, it depends on the rest of the chain.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

Regarding the Aurender N100H - is it normal that the display when turned on only reads N100?

Its normal.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo

I have the N10. All of a sudden, my albums have disappeared and it says "0 out of 42 albums". I can not get the album art to reappear. The quoted language is not in orange. Ideas.

That happens to me once in awhile. After a few seconds I look at the top row of the Aurender app screen and I usually find that I now longer have the "Album" button selected. Either that or I have selected "DSD" in a view that doesn't have any DSD albums in it.

I hope that it is something as simple as that for you.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Thank you. I can see the music in the folder, but hitting albums or artists does nothing. The owners manual says that if music disappears, "please check to see that filter has not been accidentally selected (shaded black)." It also says " you can tell if a filter is activated

No you don't, it's just a matter of getting used to the app, which is good but not quite yet perfected.

Further more, nobody who buys an Aurender is at all likely to be a dumb ass.

Enjoy.

;-)

I know, I win the dumb ass award of the day.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

No you don't, it's just a matter of getting used to the app, which is good but not quite yet perfected.

Further more, nobody who buys an Aurender is at all likely to be a dumb ass.

Enjoy.

;-)

I heard from my dealer they are working on an overhaul of the app. To be honest, although it's pretty OK compared to the competition, I think it's about time for that. It used to be ahead of the game, but it isn't anymore. And I for sure would be very happy to be able to choose a more modern colour scheme than the current brownish Seventies one.. [emoji6] Anyone heard some news about an app update..?

Thank you. I can see the music in the folder, but hitting albums or artists does nothing. The owners manual says that if music disappears, "please check to see that filter has not been accidentally selected (shaded black)." It also says " you can tell if a filter is activated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I just got a call from a very helpful person in sales at aurender. He explained how to "di-select the filters" and the albums immediately reappeared. I know, I win the dumb ass award of the day, but I am very thankful for the call. I love the N10.

It is very easy to inadvertently deselect a filter. I still do it after a few years of use.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Can I get a quick tip on reformatting the internal hard drive on the N100 ? Getting ready to sell my N100S and want to reset if the buyer does not want the files.

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Just received my A10 today. Took me 5 minutes to set up everything. Honestly, its a joy to set up. Put a couple of well known albums on the HD and played them. At 1st, i said to myself "oh noooo". Sounded compressed. Even my wife noticed it (she has a very good ear - we are used to Chord's Hugo TT sound). But now, after 5 hours of play only, no worries guys, this is a true world class dac. IMO, it tackles my Hugo TT but its a bit early to say. Need some more hours on it and I will report. But definitely a very good product. Very slick. The volume control is great, 120 steps, 0,5db per steps, can control with the app. Just wanted to share the good news. Talk to you in 50 hours of play time (which may take a couple weeks...lol)

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

Can I get a quick tip on reformatting the internal hard drive on the N100 ? Getting ready to sell my N100S and want to reset if the buyer does not want the files.

Thanks,

Russ

Send a remote support request from the app on the iPad and ask them to reformat the drive. Alternatively, dealers have a special version of the app that can format the drive. The reformatting puts the sample files and folder structure that were there when it was new.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Just received my A10 today. Took me 5 minutes to set up everything. Honestly, its a joy to set up. Put a couple of well known albums on the HD and played them. At 1st, i said to myself "oh noooo". Sounded compressed. Even my wife noticed it (she has a very good ear - we are used to Chord's Hugo TT sound). But now, after 5 hours of play only, no worries guys, this is a true world class dac. IMO, it tackles my Hugo TT but its a bit early to say. Need some more hours on it and I will report. But definitely a very good product. Very slick. The volume control is great, 120 steps, 0,5db per steps, can control with the app. Just wanted to share the good news. Talk to you in 50 hours of play time (which may take a couple weeks...lol)

Congrats on your new A10.

I recently heard one A10 and couldn't believe the level of performance as a dac or complete source system. With an A to B and back to A the Aurender A10 "killed" a dCS Debussy and a T+A dac 8-DSD hands down.

And it had only 7-10 hours of break in time.

I suggest the synergy of the server/streamer that runs instantly into the integrated -and great- DAC without USB connections or other implicated factors is the secret of such amazing sound quality.

I have well over 100 hours on my A10 and it only gets better: what I thought was a glitch in its operation was my error: when Aurender added the volume controls in the app, they rearranged some screens that you must swipe to access: I was on the wrong screen.I do agree the Aurender app needs a facelift: and yes if it could work with ROON that would be even better

Yesterday my Focal Elear headphones finally arrived: connected to the A10 (via OPPO HA1) made me smile even more :)

Congrats on your new A10.

I recently heard one A10 and couldn't believe the level of performance as a dac or complete source system. With an A to B and back to A the Aurender A10 "killed" a dCS Debussy and a T+A dac 8-DSD hands down.....

That is a very strong statement !

Yesterday I compared the dCS Rossini against the NAGRA HD DAC, booth feed by an Aurender, and the NAGRA DAC Is so much (to my taste) better that I am almost about to order the NAGRA. It bring saoul and spirit in my music that I do not get with other DACS !

But... If you say that the A10 "kill" the Debussy, then I should try it. This solution will save me a LOT of money and will make my system much simpler with this 1 box solution (I hate câbles :-)

Could le you tell us in more details what you liked in the A10's DAC sound ? Warm ? Precise ? ...

thanks

I bet it's very good because a lot can go wrong with digital signal transfer, one box probably solves much of that problem.

I too would be interested in hearing more about how it sounds.

Yesterday I compared the dCS Rossini against the NAGRA HD DAC, booth feed by an Aurender, and the NAGRA DAC Is so much (to my taste) better that I am almost about to order the NAGRA. It bring saoul and spirit in my music that I do not get with other DACS !

But... If you say that the A10 "kill" the Debussy, then I should try it. This solution will save me a LOT of money and will make my system much simpler with this 1 box solution (I hate câbles :-)

Could le you tell us in more details what you liked in the A10's DAC sound ? Warm ? Precise ? ...

thanks

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

thanks

I have my doubts about that comparison too. By the way, that also goes for the Nagra (excellent DAC!) versus the Rossini. I've heard both extensively and I feel the Rossini sounds more analogue and real. But of course it's always a matter of taste and also of system synergy. Did you listen to the Rossini with or without the external clock?

I have my doubts about that comparison too. By the way, that also goes for the Nagra (excellent DAC!) versus the Rossini. I've heard both extensively and I feel the Rossini sounds more analogue and real. But of course it's always a matter of taste and also of system synergy. Did you listen to the Rossini with or without the external clock?

Personnally, its too early for me to compare the dac of the A10 to my actual reference which is the Chord Hugo TT. All I can say is that I'm not lost at all with the A10 sound. Its very precise, the bass isnt muddy, it is deep and articulate ( I listen mainly to jazz and double bass so the bass sound is key for me )and the soundstage is pretty much equivalent with what the Hugo TT gives me. I never heard the others dacs that are mentionned here - my comparison will be with the Hugo TT and for now, even if its very early, to my ears, it is pretty much at par. And that is with 5 hours on the A10. Can I live with it on a long period of time coming from the Hugo TT which is a very good dac? Probably is my answer for now.

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

Please Aurender, give your customers their own choice between your own (still fine) Aurender app and the Roon experience which, and there is no denial, is lightyears ahead of Aurender's own and all app's I ever used...

If this situation lingers I sure will sell my beloved Aurender N100.

Aurender app and experience comes also with the best sound quality.

You can have Roon on another device, with great features but worse sound.

In this hobby sound comes first.

Imagine other servers/ streamers with much lesser application than Aurender's.