IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I thought his issue was going from 9.0 to 9.0.1. I thought he could roll back to 9.0.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Did you try re-searching the network for the Aurender ? And also rebooting the Aurender ? I haven't updated to 9.1 yet - and likely won't for a while since I'm jailbroke on 8.4 - but occasionally they loose connectivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation, but no such luck. I tried both, without success. Nothing worked.

JC

You could try roling back your ipad to a previous version if you have a backup. Or, trying reinstalling the most recent version while you ipad is attached to itunes.

Just spoke to a co-workers brother who manages the Apple Store in my area. According to him, they have had disastrous results trying to roll back people with app issues, or reinstalling earlier versions with the release of IOS 9.0 and 9.01. He essentially said I am toast until Aurender provides a version of the app for 9.01.

That means I literally cannot listen to music until that happens. Which is, of course, my own fault. What the hell was I thinking upgrading to another IOS.

JC

Does the app open if the Aurender is completely powered down? Do you have the latest app? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

It still works but looks like no new music for me until I get this straightened out. I did contact Aurender, they have been helpful in the past, but they are out most of the week for a Korean Holiday then will be busy with the Rocky Mountain Audio Show. Every update so far has lead to many problems. I wish they would get it all sorted out before release.

Let's hope Aurender representatives experience the same issues setting up for RMAF and jump on a solution quickly.

Kenreau

Synology NAS> Aurender W20> AQ Wel AES/XLR> Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wire> Vandersteen 5As.

Does the app open if the Aurender is completely powered down? Do you have the latest app? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

Yes to all of the above Not only is it incredibly frustrating to be unable to listen to music now, I have no idea even when Aurender will have an updated app available. :(

JC

Looks like the new app may fix your problems. I hope that it doesn't foul more things up. It is always interesting to me how companies can take a great product and increasingly degrade it by "quick" fixes and responding to the "wants" of the public. With every "upgrade" to the app there have been small problems. I can understand the move to Tidal (even though I don't use it) and I also understand the business decision to include the new NAS dependent models BUT now the software doesn't work quite as well.

When it comes to software if you change it, you are going to break it.

Flame off!

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Any one know when Aurender is to release their separate ripping unit?

Could it be in this years RMAF?

Sonus Faber Amati Futura, Oppo 105 (transport), Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC, Brinkmann Bardo, 10.0 tone arm, Lyra Etna, Isotek Sigmas Evo 3, Nordost Valhalla cables, Stillpoints Ultra and Mini.

Any one know when Aurender is to release their separate ripping unit?

Could it be in this years RMAF?

I did not know that was in the pipeline. Interesting.

The new app has a wiki feature. Long touch an album or track, find the Wiki button on the play box and touch it. This will open a Wiki box (within the app) which will display the information found in Wikipedia. Not Roon but neat. Here I was complaining about extra features :).

I did not know that was in the pipeline. Interesting.

I have kown about it since June. It should emerge soon I hope. Would be great to see the spec and price. Up till now I have my eyes set on the Integrita C4 with 4TB. Ripping and storage combined for appx 2200 usd.

Sonus Faber Amati Futura, Oppo 105 (transport), Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC, Brinkmann Bardo, 10.0 tone arm, Lyra Etna, Isotek Sigmas Evo 3, Nordost Valhalla cables, Stillpoints Ultra and Mini.

I played with the wiki feature for a few minutes. If your album is in Wikipedia, then you may get very good information. It depends upon the albums popularity. I have a number of albums that are not entered into the Wikipedia database. One does have the ability to enter an album. It is okay but not Roon. It would be nice to see this model implemented using Roon's database. We wouldn't need the Roon server/engine running on our equipment.

Yes, very nice. But he places it very close to the Auralic Aires. Too close for my taste as the Aries is a little bit too "thin" when it comes to SQ. I will probably head directly to the N10 for the auditioning.

Hi,

Thin is the absolute opposite of how the N100 sounds.

Particulary when used with the Totaldac USB filter cable feeding a REGEN (with LPS) and fibre LAN isolation (with LPS). This combination is going to be very hard to significantly best at any price.

I guess the problem is that the above setup (and similar optimisations) can't easily be auditioned prior to purchase.

Yes, very nice. But he places it very close to the Auralic Aires. Too close for my taste as the Aries is a little bit too "thin" when it comes to SQ. I will probably head directly to the N10 for the auditioning.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Hi,

Particulary when used with the Totaldac USB filter cable feeding a REGEN (with LPS) and fibre LAN isolation (with LPS). This combination is going to be very hard to significantly best at any price.

I guess the problem is that the above setup (and similar optimisations) can't easily be auditioned prior to purchase.

Hallo r_w

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to remove the Regen, I have removed mine, I think it sounds more relaxed and balanced without it, I was surprised by this as the Regen help a lot together with my PC...

Kind regards Morten

Hi Morten,

It sounds better with it but are you using the supplied switch mode (SMPS) or a nice linear power supply (LPS) with the REGEN?

LPS is the way to go.

;-)

Hallo r_w

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to remove the Regen, I have removed mine, I think it sounds more relaxed and balanced without it, I was surprised by this as the Regen help a lot together with my PC...

Kind regards Morten

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Hi Morten,

It sounds better with it but are you using the supplied switch mode (SMPS) or a nice linear power supply (LPS) with the REGEN?

LPS is the way to go.

;-)

Hi r-w,

Hmm I will hold on to the Regen until the add on power device is released, I will then test again...

But with the SMPS as a power source it is for sure better without the regen...

Thanks for your feedback, and have a nice weekend.

Morten

I recently bought an N100 and am very pleased with the unit. I particulary like the Tidal interface. I have one question though,and I'm sure there is a very basic answer, but I can't find it in the manual. What do I have to do to get an entire cd of songs to play? I've been having to press each selection when the song before it ends. I've tried adding all songs and setting them for next, and everything else I can think of but with no success.

I recently bought an N100 and am very pleased with the unit. I particulary like the Tidal interface. I have one question though,and I'm sure there is a very basic answer, but I can't find it in the manual. What do I have to do to get an entire cd of songs to play? I've been having to press each selection when the song before it ends. I've tried adding all songs and setting them for next, and everything else I can think of but with no success.

Simply tap the "Add all songs" button right next to the artist name in the middle and hit "play now" for playback of the entire album.

Please check the online manual on Aurender.com for additional information on Tidal.

Recently I bought the new Stealth USB cable after vast listening and replaced my (previous) TotalDac USB filter. I was shocked by the difference.

Everything is in a whole new three dimensional soundstage with lots of more dynamics and even sweeter tone (which was totaldac's main game). The sound is more organic now and with lots of presence. Kinda spooky feeling like being in a live concert.

Aurender and Stealth Audio USB is a fantastic match.

Regen is also on order.

Non stop ride; this is.

Hi,