IGNORED

Should blind testing discussion be banned on CA? POLL

Should blind testing discussion be banned on CA?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't believe I have.

That is certainly open to debate, but...

Sorry for the digression.

Me, too (for mine, not yours). :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

mayhem13,

Thank you for clearly showing everyone the problems trolls can cause, with another one of your ugly rants !

:)

does mayhem get treated worse because of his moniker or does he behave worse because he has to live up to his moniker, I think we should conduct a double blind moniker test to find out.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

No, it's a valid topic. That said, the combinations of gear is endless making it impossible. If people hear a difference, or think they hear a difference that is all that really matters.

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

No. It'll run straight off the rails when people indirectly start manipulating moderators in suggesting it'll run straight off the rails.

Hi JPrince - you never did answer the moderator on why you are here, did you? Your posts do seem to be targeted at JRiver with an acerbic tone. Is attacking JRiver why you are here?

Also, I am not trying to direct the moderator to any point of view. If you are around here long enough, you will realize that the moderator has a very good mind of his own and clearly evaluates issues based upon facts he gathers, many of which we are not privy to. In short, he doesn't need me or anyone else to point out when someone is going "off the rails."

My comment was directed to people who are essentially friends, most of whom I just have not gotten the opportunity to meet yet.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hi JPrince - you never did answer the moderator on why you are here, did you? Your posts do seem to be targeted at JRiver with an acerbic tone. Is attacking JRiver why you are here?

I wonder if the first two letters of his user name have any significance?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

In short, he doesn't need me or anyone else to point out when someone is going "off the rails".

That's true, he doesn't. But, I'm sure that your intentions were good and that your motives were pure. :)

A subtle suggestion to JPrince that he pay attention to Chris C.'s "hint" rather than question it is also not a bad idea.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

That's true, he doesn't. But, I'm sure that your intentions were good and that your motives were pure. :)

A subtle suggestion to JPrince that he pay attention to Chris C.'s "hint" rather than question it is also not a bad idea.

Naw - I was talking to all of us. I rather enjoy this conversation and don't want to see it sidetracked into a flame fest.

We really do need a forum area called "Blazes" - then we can tell each other to go to Blazes and mean it. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I'm here to add something positive to enhance people's enjoyment of bashing jriver.

I'm here to add something positive to enhance people's enjoyment of bashing jriver.

I don't care what the product is, CA isn't the place for your comments.

You can complain about products in a professional fashion, but your statement leads me to believe you're only here for another purpose. Because of that you are now banned.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I guess there are some people who just can't or won't take a hint.