IGNORED

Should blind testing discussion be banned on CA? POLL

Should blind testing discussion be banned on CA?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't agree with you less Theresa. How one could say that ABX or DBTs are performed without an understanding of human hearing is beyond me to comprehend.

In the case of blind, it's the matter of the unknown sources of the samples and not the physical blindness. Not sure what you want to convey here.

It's absolutely crazy the no of man years that are being expended on discussing DBT tests again and again. To what end ?

Mostly just for fun, I expect. It is a sure fire audiophile conversation starter. Also insane, since the results will never change. (shrug)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Couldn't agree with you less Teresa. How one could say that ABX or DBTs are performed without an understanding of human hearing is beyond me to comprehend.

As I very clearly stated: audio ABX/DBT protocols don't consider how the human ear/brain works as they don't take into account cognitive bias, listening fatigue and other factors, thus producing null results.

In the case of blind, it's the matter of the unknown sources of the samples and not the physical blindness. Not sure what you want to convey here.

Both if possible! I am saying that for hearing what something really sounds like without the possibility of any bias, music should be listened to under both types of blind conditions. Not knowing what component, file format, etc. is paying and listening in the dark with eyes closed, thus eliminating vision in addition of knowledge of what is playing. I'm a member of the poor class and always have been and don't want to and can't afford to throw money away with a fast decision, I need to listen to anything long-term to be sure of what I like.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

• 1 year later...
Or ban ourselves from being rude - be respectful or if giving a humorous "needle," do so only with those who'll "get it."
And what measure(s) do you suggest be used to determine who will "get it" and who will not?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

And what measure(s) do you suggest be used to determine who will "get it" and who will not?

Looking in the mirror ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Looking in the mirror ?
Whose mirror?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron