IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

Same here Jason.

Mine states a 2-day deliver so hopefully I get mine by Saturday. But I will live if I have to wait till Monday or Tuesday.

OMG. Tracking info has hit my inbox.

super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

sorry guys but... @Superdad: check your mail ASAP, please

(just got *two* different shipping notices :-/ )

:P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

At long last we have lift-off! The little REGEN birdies have begun their flights around the world. By the graces of some I.T. guys who fixed the past 24-hours USPS.com disaster (even the clerk at my local PO counter had heard all about it), I was able to--with our youngest son ditching his school homework to help--get 40 REGEN kits and a JS-2 out in time for the 4:15 postal truck departure from our small town.

Here's proof (and notice the time on the clock):

First REGEN shipment.jpg

I'm usually a clean-shaven guy, but many such humane things fell by the wayside this week. ;)

If your order shipped today, then a tracking number from the USPS should have appeared in your e-mail. (Sorry for the 2 notices you got Paolo; I canceled off the standard Intl. Priority Mail one after I remembered you paid for Express Mail/EMS shipping.)

Another dozen or so should make it out tomorrow (Friday), but the rest have to wait until about Tuesday next week since more of the fancy black jewelry boxes we tuck the kits into won't be here until late Friday. My assistant will pack those all on Monday while I get the paperwork in order.

Those of you who asked to purchase one of my custom Oyaide/Belden DC cables to ship with the REGEN should receive an invoice from me this weekend for the $60 balance.

(For those who don't know, this cable is just for JS-2 LPS owners who would like to try powering the REGEN from one of the two JS-2 outputs. The cable is just like the nice one that comes with a JS-2, except it has a 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug at the device end instead of a 2.5mm plug hole; 2.5mm plugs do work in 2.1mm jacks, they just don't hold as tightly. It is a hand-made, shielded cable with what amounts to a heavy 15AWG per conductor after pairing the star-quad of 18AWG wires.)

A few of you asked to purchase a JS-2 to ship with your REGEN. That was a nice surprise. Sorry I have not gotten back to you yet. Again, this weekend. By the way, I have chassis, R-core transformers, boards, etc. for only 5 more JS-2 units--which will be ready for shipping April 30th. After those 5 go, we won't be back in production of JS-2 until June due to lead times (and Japan Golden closure for 2 weeks).

John and I will be watching to read what you first recipients hear when you hook up the REGEN. I think they do take a bit of "burn-in," but that progression is nothing compared to the puzzlement you are likely to have as you put it in and take it out. The sensation is odd. You may scratch you head and think it can't be right; then you'll put it in and take it out a couple times more--and then realize how very right it is. I should not say such things in advance, but the darn thing makes me laugh every time I try it. I think John is really helping to advance the compromise that is USB audio.

I can't wait to talk with him when he gets back from his visiting family in Texas. His great post this morning was probably via poaching on a neighbor's poor wifi signal by sitting out on the porch getting bitten by insects (that's what he told me in an e-mail last Sunday).

Thanks again gang. Have a nice weekend,

--Alex C.

Mine is on the way! Hoping the international shipping will only be a week and not 2. I'll report back in the "sound" thread a few days after it arrives.

Alex - really appreciate all your work and the fantastic level of customer service.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

At long last we have lift-off! The little REGEN birdies have begun their flights around the world. By the graces of some I.T. guys who fixed the past 24-hours USPS.com disaster (even the clerk at my local PO counter had heard all about it), I was able to--with our youngest son ditching his school homework to help--get 40 REGEN kits and a JS-2 out in time for the 4:15 postal truck departure from our small town.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18026[/ATTACH]

--Alex C.

40 REGENs: $7000

1 JS-2: $925

Big smile on the face of the kid who will always remember the day he got to cut homework and help his sleep-deprived dad get a zillion packages out the door on time: Priceless.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18026[/ATTACH]

I'm usually a clean-shaven guy, but many such humane things fell by the wayside this week. ;)

If your order shipped today, then a tracking number from the USPS should have appeared in your e-mail. (Sorry for the 2 notices you got Paolo; I canceled off the standard Intl. Priority Mail one after I remembered you paid for Express Mail/EMS shipping.)

Another dozen or so should make it out tomorrow (Friday), but the rest have to wait until about Tuesday next week since more of the fancy black jewelry boxes we tuck the kits into won't be here until late Friday. My assistant will pack those all on Monday while I get the paperwork in order.

Those of you who asked to purchase one of my custom Oyaide/Belden DC cables to ship with the REGEN should receive an invoice from me this weekend for the $60 balance.

(For those who don't know, this cable is just for JS-2 LPS owners who would like to try powering the REGEN from one of the two JS-2 outputs. The cable is just like the nice one that comes with a JS-2, except it has a 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug at the device end instead of a 2.5mm plug hole; 2.5mm plugs do work in 2.1mm jacks, they just don't hold as tightly. It is a hand-made, shielded cable with what amounts to a heavy 15AWG per conductor after pairing the star-quad of 18AWG wires.)

A few of you asked to purchase a JS-2 to ship with your REGEN. That was a nice surprise. Sorry I have not gotten back to you yet. Again, this weekend. By the way, I have chassis, R-core transformers, boards, etc. for only 5 more JS-2 units--which will be ready for shipping April 30th. After those 5 go, we won't be back in production of JS-2 until June due to lead times (and Japan Golden closure for 2 weeks).

John and I will be watching to read what you first recipients hear when you hook up the REGEN. I think they do take a bit of "burn-in," but that progression is nothing compared to the puzzlement you are likely to have as you put it in and take it out. The sensation is odd. You may scratch you head and think it can't be right; then you'll put it in and take it out a couple times more--and then realize how very right it is. I should not say such things in advance, but the darn thing makes me laugh every time I try it. I think John is really helping to advance the compromise that is USB audio.

I can't wait to talk with him when he gets back from his visiting family in Texas. His great post this morning was probably via poaching on a neighbor's poor wifi signal by sitting out on the porch getting bitten by insects (that's what he told me in an e-mail last Sunday).

Thanks again gang. Have a nice weekend,

--Alex C.

Thank you Alex! i am super excited for my REGEN and JS-2 :)

was probably via poaching on a neighbor's poor wifi signal by sitting out on the porch getting bitten by insects (that's what he told me in an e-mail last Sunday).

--Alex C.

Actually I got fed up with the bugs and went to fry's in Austin (about a 45 minute drive) and picked up a range extender with an external high gain antenna, I put that antenna in the one window in my in-laws mobile home pointing at the house next door and now have a great signal in the mobile home, so I can sit in comfort in the back bedroom and type away. (this bedroom has an air conditioner my wife and I bought 12 years ago when we were here in the summer)

Congrats on getting the regens out!!

John S.

I put that antenna in the one window in my in-laws mobile home pointing at the house next door

John S.

Hill country wi-fi: point the antenna at the neighbors.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Yes! And thank you. :) Looking forward to the Regen's arrival. I think I'm #1049. No shipping notice today. Maybe tomorrow with some luck.

Given that this is only my second post here I feel it an appropriate time to say thank you to all the members here, who, through your posts have helped me start to get a grip on things digital. :) I have been a predominantly analog listener, but with the recent move to streaming at higher quality thought it an interesting time to check in with digital. This forum is an excellent resource and offers some fun reads that made learning about this far more enjoyable than my previous efforts.

Yes! And thank you. :) Looking forward to the Regen's arrival. I think I'm #1049. No shipping notice today. Maybe tomorrow with some luck.

Given that this is only my second post here I feel it an appropriate time to say thank you to all the members here, who, through your posts have helped me start to get a grip on things digital. :) I have been a predominantly analog listener, but with the recent move to streaming at higher quality thought it an interesting time to check in with digital. This forum is an excellent resource and offers some fun reads that made learning about this far more enjoyable than my previous efforts.

Cool. Welcome to the Regen club too then. :-) Next you "need" a JS-2. LOL

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Question - Why isn't the Regen's functionality incorporated in a high end DAC already?

Trying to understand all this technology, which is hard to do with no science in my education beyond high school.

If I'm designing a DAC, which I will never do, I'd have multiple power supplies, as opposed to relying upon external boxes and power a board that does what the Regen does and others that power various functions of the DAC - digital and analog.

Maybe Uptone will put all their cool stuff in one box?

Tone with Soul

There are a few DACs on the market that have done some similar things. I don't think anyone has gone to the extent Alex and John have in figuring out what needs to be done and why.

Why don't others do it? First, because they probably don't know - either the ideas/measurements behind it or how to execute it.

Second, because it's easier and cheaper to use a "pretty good" off the shelf solution that is basically as good as what any of their competitors are doing.

Third, cost and complexity/size. Pretty much all DACs are made to a price point. Even a relatively small cost at the manufacturing end will jack up the price by several times that small cost at retail.

Or even someting as simple as designing a DAC that fits certain size/cosmetic parameters is sometimes a constraint before the DAC is ever designed/built.

Question - Why isn't the Regen's functionality incorporated in a high end DAC already?

Trying to understand all this technology, which is hard to do with no science in my education beyond high school.

If I'm designing a DAC, which I will never do, I'd have multiple power supplies, as opposed to relying upon external boxes and power a board that does what the Regen does and others that power various functions of the DAC - digital and analog.

Maybe Uptone will put all their cool stuff in one box?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My Regen is "out for delivery" so it should be hear around 1:00PM +/- if it is coming by my postman. If by truck...who knows...but by end of day.

Let the games begin!!!

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

2:30 est, no reports yet?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables