IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

Hi Alex,

Thanks again for your efforts on the Regen! As you know I already placed my order a couple of days ago, but had a couple of questions - I sent you an email but I'm sure it's lost in the many others in your inbox!

1. Is the standard wall wart ok with 240V?

2. I had asked about adding the Regen-to-JS-2 cable to my order (I'd suggest you add this as a clickable option on your web page as I am sure every JS-2 owner will want one!).

Art

Artifex

Searching for Good Sounds in China!

Hi Alex,

Thanks again for your efforts on the Regen! As you know I already placed my order a couple of days ago, but had a couple of questions - I sent you an email but I'm sure it's lost in the many others in your inbox!

1. Is the standard wall wart ok with 240V?

2. I had asked about adding the Regen-to-JS-2 cable to my order (I'd suggest you add this as a clickable option on your web page as I am sure every JS-2 owner will want one!).

Art

Hi Art:

Thank you for your order for a USB REGEN and for an extra one of my custom Oyaide/Belden cables to use it with your JS-2.

I just sent you an invoice via e-mail and it will be included in the box with the REGEN. As mentioned on the forum, the addition of the $60 custom cable will slow shipment of your order by about a week since the cable is hand-made and my helper and I will be VERY busy with first REGEN shipments all week.

The reason the custom cables are not a listed option on the web site is that presently I am only willing to make and sell this cable to JS-2 owners--and there is no web programming logic to validate that for me. You may notice that the JS-2 product page on the site does now list cable combinations and changes to package costs, but due to limited production of JS-2 each month (still about dozen per month for now), and my desire to custom quote good freight rates for buyers, ordering JS-2 from the web site is not enabled at this time.

And to your first question:

Yes, the 22 watt/7.5 volt/2.93 amp "table-top" SMPS that comes with the REGEN is worldwide voltage compatible. A short, 15cm, 18awg detachable AC cord is also included. It has a USA wall plug, so those in Europe and elsewhere can either cut and reterminate the end with a local plug or use a cord of their own.

I really dislike most of the available "wall-warts," and higher wattage supplies (which I sonically liked for the REGEN due to capacitance) are not available as "warts" in the desired voltage with interchangeable wall plugs.

Many thanks again--and very best regards,

--Alex C.

Oh man! I've been gone all weekend and the email from Alex got put into my SPAM folder! Are there any Regens left?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hello Alex,

I sent you a PM, I hope you manage to read it :-)

Massimo

Check your e-mail Massimo. Only 3 more available from the first batch.

Just go word from Japan that soonest they can ship me more cases (due to 4/26-5/10 "Golden-week" holiday) is May 17th. That sucks because on May 20th I leave on a 1-week vacation/high-school marching band field trip with our teenage sons to Washington, D.C.

So after this first batch goes out this week and next, folks are going to have to wait until end-of-May. And who knows, if all you early adopters really like the REGEN and post about it, then by late May I could be regretting having made the second batch just another 100 pieces. But for now I have to chalk up the first surge as just pent up demand.

Once again. A million thanks. Or at least 100. ;)

--Alex C.

I'd say they're all probably gone by now.

Website needs one of those old cheesy counters - instead of visitors counting up, Regens available counting down. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Check your e-mail Massimo. Only 3 more available from the first batch.

Just go word from Japan that soonest they can ship me more cases (due to 4/26-5/10 "Golden-week" holiday) is May 17th. That sucks because on May 20th I leave on a 1-week vacation/high-school marching band field trip with our teenage sons to Washington, D.C.

So after this first batch goes out this week and next, folks are going to have to wait until end-of-May. And who knows, if all you early adopters really like the REGEN and post about it, then by late May I could be regretting having made the second batch just another 100 pieces. But for now I have to chalk up the first surge as just pent up demand.

Once again. A million thanks. Or at least 100. ;)

--Alex C.

That will give you time to make some cables... hop to it! LOL

Huh ? I just completed my order* and got #1088...

(* found an unused CC to tide me over til the next direct deposit :) )

If I'm a betting man, you can order but there might not be any product to ship. All that means is you get the next batch in May. Not so bad.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

If I'm a betting man, you can order but there might not be any product to ship. All that means is you get the next batch in May. Not so bad.

i can certainly wait without getting upset, but I thought there were to be 100 units in the first batch, with the order numbering reflecting the count (- 1000) ?

Oh well, we shall see :)

i can certainly wait without getting upset, but I thought there were to be 100 units in the first batch, with the order numbering reflecting the count (- 1000) ?

Oh well, we shall see :)

You're correct, we'll see!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

All 100 sold!

Well, 97: I'm keeping one, I promised John Swenson a production unit, and one is going to be raffled off at the May 2nd CA member gathering in Berkeley (with the proceeds going to the charity of the winner's choice).

Here is a pic of 50 completed kits waiting to be put in shipping cartons:

P1080673.JPG

Everyone should be receiving a status e-mail from me shortly.

Thanks gang!

Congratulations, Alex!

It must be overwhelming. If you need some new technology to help you cope with the volumes, I hear that Hillary has an email server she recently decommissioned that she would like to get rid of.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Congratulations, Alex!

It must be overwhelming. If you need some new technology to help you cope with the volumes, I hear that Hillary has an email server she recently decommissioned that she would like to get rid of.

Love it.

I have a Paul Pang V2 through a IFI Gemini then to a Mytek (which does not need power)

What benefits do my system get if I am using an Uptone Regen?

btw i have the Uptone LPS too. :)

We're all going to find out soon.

All 100 sold!

Well, 97: I'm keeping one, I promised John Swenson a production unit, and one is going to be raffled off at the May 2nd CA member gathering in Berkeley (with the proceeds going to the charity of the winner's choice).

Here is a pic of 50 completed kits waiting to be put in shipping cartons:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17958[/ATTACH]

Everyone should be receiving a status e-mail from me shortly.

Thanks gang!

Congratulations Alex!

That's fantastic that you've already sold out your first batch of the Regen! I guess I'll have to wait for the next round.

Gary

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio