IGNORED

Why Apple?

Ahh- and here we have an example of a typical Winders affliction - HeadumStuckumUpus BaboobenButtus.

A powerful driver for people switching to Linux, MacOS, iPads, more powerful medication, etc.

Paul's favourite ?

OhDrpd.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

OS X is unix-based

Windows is not.

That is the primary basis for my preference. The rest is irrelevant. If I didn't use OS X, I would use Linux, not Windows, for exactly the same reason.

Same with me. And it's why I have a Mac Mini, a MacBook Air, but will never have an iPad.

With a CLI available, it's just a lot easier to automate things, or do things the UI won't let you do.

Front End: Neet Airstream

Digital Processing: Chord Hugo M-Scaler

DAC: Chord Dave

Amplification: Cyrus Mono x300 Signatures

Speakers: Kudos Titan T88

I say that they were a major innovator, because without Steve Jobs, their salad days are over, I'm afraid. I think that the iWatch basically proves that if that's the best they do, it's all over but the shouting.
I say that if Microsoft hadn't invested $150 million in Apple, Apple's salad days would've been over 17 years ago. LOL!
If you had the memory of a goldfish, maybe it would work.

An Apple a day, keeps the vet. away ?

Chinese Women Feeding an Elephant---Sound on

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=d51b0650e695

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

OS X is unix-based

Windows is not.

That is the primary basis for my preference. The rest is irrelevant. If I didn't use OS X, I would use Linux, not Windows, for exactly the same reason.

I agree with you to an extent. I ran Ubuntu exclusively for several years. It was nice and relatively modern and of course totally customizable. The modest PCs it ran on would have collapsed under the load of Windows 7. But let's face it, the slick commercial software that is fun to use gets to linux last, if at all. In my house now we have a macbook pro, two Windows computers, and an Ubuntu workstation that is relegated to web browsing. So I don't really discriminate against apple's admittedly excellent (if inflexible) products.

I guess I came off as too serious. My expression of irritation with apple is purely in the pop-culture and presentation side. Apple is irritating in the same way the NY Yankees are irritating. They aren't the plucky underdog anymore...

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Note that the phone still worked.

How do you know that ? Did you see her make any calls on it ?

It would be interesting to see the look on the guy's face at an Apple Centre if she took it in for repair!

I only use Windows boot camp for games. Only reason for me to have boot camp. I do have some stuff that requires it, in particular device programmers and ICE debugging aids, but they're USB these days and work fine from a VM. The days of bitbanging are long gone. Most of my embedded work is with ARM, which works fine with gcc, gdb and openocd using a JTAG USB dongle from inside emacs.

How do you know that ? Did you see her make any calls on it ?

It would be interesting to see the look on the guy's face at an Apple Centre if she took it in for repair!

Watch from about 1:15 of the clip. The other woman calls the phone that passed through the GI tract and it rings.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

It's trivial. Poo can't break poo.

Many of these types of videos that are posted are staged.

It was very convenient that someone else recorded the whole initial happening ,wasn't it ?

Many of these types of videos that are posted are staged.

It was very convenient that someone else recorded the whole initial happening ,wasn't it ?

What's even far more convenient and astonishing is the simple fact Apple pays absolutely nothing to make these types of ads succeed. Apple's entire marketing strategy relies on die hard fanboyism via social media so heavily that, without it, the company wouldn't be making any profit at all.

If you had the memory of a goldfish, maybe it would work.
What's even far more convenient and astonishing is the simple fact Apple pays absolutely nothing to make these types of ads succeed. Apple's entire marketing strategy relies on die hard fanboyism via social media so heavily that, without it, the company wouldn't be making any profit at all.

They do have drugs for the kind of psychotic paranoia your guys are showing - helps greatly to tame the unreasoned hostility.

It has also been found that today's most vociferous Apple Bashers are tomorrow's most fervent Apple Fans. Be prepared for when it happens to you, resistance is futile.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

They do have drugs for the kind of psychotic paranoia your guys are showing - helps greatly to tame the unreasoned hostility.

It has also been found that today's most vociferous Apple Bashers are tomorrow's most fervent Apple Fans. Be prepared for when it happens to you, resistance is futile.

An Apple a day keeps the shrink away.

This strategy works so well that even hardcore Apple haters like Sandy Alex spread these clips around.

That's a myth. Not the investment, that was real enough, but that the investment "saved" Apple.

This is pretty typical. Most of the Apple bashers on this thread have never owned an Apple product and keep regurgitating various bits of misinformation that they have heard from someone else.

That's a myth. Not the investment, that was real enough, but that the investment "saved" Apple.

Whether the investment actually "saved" Apple may be open to question. But, Apple was in serious financial difficulty at the time. More important than the investment was MS' agreement to continue to produce versions of its most popular software, e.g. Word, for the Apple platform.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Dream on !

I had to take a call on my Daughter in law's iPhone recently, and was surprised how good the clarity was, BUT, unlike many here I don't feel the need to carry a mini computer around with me for instant Internet and email gratification. For me, a basic mobile phone that can receive and make calls reliably and clearly is all that I need. My days of instantly being contactable via a glorified pager are long gone. If I wish to take quality photos then I will use my digital camera that was designed specifically to do so. If I need to be tracked in an emergency, then surely it could be activated by design when calling the local emergency phone number of "000", "911"or whatever.

BTW, I posted the Elephant video originally for humour, NOT an attack on Apple products,. However, it soon became obvious that it was staged.

This is pretty typical. Most of the Apple bashers on this thread have never owned an Apple product and keep regurgitating various bits of misinformation that they have heard from someone else.

And Apple fanbois like Tom, bless their cotton socks, always manage to avoid the same pitfalls when discussing Microsoft products ?

The simple fact is that there are far more commercial programs of all different types available to Windows users than Apple users, as Macs are still currently only around 10% of the total PC market worldwide.

And Apple fanbois like Tom, bless their cotton socks, always manage to avoid the same pitfalls when discussing Microsoft products ?

Most, if not all, owners of Apple computers have used Windows machines in the past or continue to use them on a regular basis at work. We, thus, have a pretty good idea what the other side of the house looks like.

You, on the other hand, are like a catholic priest giving marriage advice. You may know a lot in theory but that's it.

This is especially true with players such as a car player which is likely build to a low cost.

IF the standard Mac Mini that so many here rave about as being the best thing since sliced bread, is so bloody good , then why do people from the Industry like Alex C feel the need to markedly improve it's audio performance with aftermarket Linear PSUs, Fan filter PCBs, and other storage enhancements ? It's a hotbed of wideband noise in standard guise due to it's very compact construction and the real need to prevent overheating during intensive processing as a result.

Neither is it user friendly when it comes to repairs or upgrades, and usually needs to be returned to an Apple centre for repair. Neither are there anywhere near the number of 3rd party applications designed to work with it. A markedly superior Windows PC with additional spaces for internal cards can be built for the same cost, WITHOUT the need for volume discounts that Apple has available as a manufacturer.

A quick browse of Apple related forums also reveals it isn't nearly as reliable as many here claim it is.

AND, Macs still only account for around 10% of the total PC market !!