IGNORED

Why Apple?

By "not very sophisticated", I was referring to the fact they fail to understand the fact that the ease of use in Windows can be improved quite a lot if you know how, the fact that Windows is not THAT difficult to use if you grew up with it like many people did, and the fact that Windows is CERTAINLY not that difficult to use if you know how to learn how to use it. On top of that, they fail to understand that ease of use and built-in features are often not the only things that are important to a sophisticated user.

One shouldn't have to "know how". You miss the entire point.

Finally, when someone states that the reason why he or she doesn't need to buy a product to be able to know the product enough is because his or her having a strong IT background means that he or she knows people who own the product enough, only a fanboi would then obviously twist those words around with "they understand computers better than anyone and are far above the rest of us".

I was being ironic.

Look, I'm not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mine. I think Windows is crap. It's primitive, backwards and wrong-headed. You think all Apple products are crap and say you have no use for them. Who can argue with either position? It's a matter of taste and ours, when it comes to computers is obviously different (in that I have some :) ), so, let's leave it at that.

George

I just received my TotalDac D1 USB cable/filter yesterday, and have heard better SQ nearly immediately after I put it between my Mac Mini and my USB converter (signature update below to come).

Really an amazing piece of audio electronics.

Roch, or anyone else -- about how long would a fuller break-in be needed for the TotalDac D1 USB cable/filter?

Dave, who has changed everything between his music computer and integrated amp in the past month and is feeling it all needs time to settle in

As you said, the improvement is noticeable since the first moment, after 50 hours you would aplaude and after 100 you will notice nothing, but music, lovely and pure music, without any trace of digititis...!

Jud, Paul and all the Apple happy users, regarding the 'chap' in this thread please read the last quote in my signature.

Enjoy the ('galvanic isolated') music,

Roch

As you said, the improvement is noticeable since the first moment, after 50 hours you would aplaude and after 100 you will notice nothing, but music, lovely and pure music, without any trace of digititis...!

Jud, Paul and all the Apple happy users, regarding the 'chap' in this thread please read the last quote in my signature.

Enjoy the ('galvanic isolated') music,

Roch

I need someone to be dissatisfied with this cable so I can buy one used! (Doesn't look like there is much chance of that.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we blame or hate Apple. But quite a lot of people hate especially Stephen Elop and to some extent Microsoft.

Stephen Elop was a trojan horse that destroyed Nokia and the the board of Nokia allowed that to happen. But maybe the boards members expected to get good bunch of money for themselves when Microsoft bough the Devices-unit.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I haven't read the whole thread but if I can back up to the original thought......I recently went from Linux, mostly Raspberry Pi with Squeezelite/LogitechMediaServers over to the MacMini as my principal music server.

First of all, and least important is it is a much more attractive device. Also it is a better fit for my set up. In my entertainment system I have 3 tube audio systems (yeah, that's right and I actually use them all). Headphone amp (Bottlehead Crack), Dynaco ST70 with Bottlehead Foreplay preamp, Fisher 500B Tuner/Amp.

Mac Mini has 4 USB controllers, Thunderbolt and Firewire and also has Optical out. I can hang DAC's and hard drives all over the thing and they can be changed on the fly.

The Mac Mini is headless and I control it from my MacBookAir or any VNC client on any device although since it is close to the TV I could hook it up via HDMI and run a wireless keyboard and mouse if I so desired. I don't.

There is all manner of Bit Perfect software and my favorite is "Bit Perfect". Also just bought a Schiit Loki to mess with DSD and that'll work with JRiver nicely.

And of course you can get fantastic video out of the thing if you so desire.

Yeah you might be able able to configure Linux to be the super music geeky server but then can your kid or wife use it? My server mostly runs off iTunes. Everybody in my house can use that.

I'm so sold on the Mac Mini I'll probably buy one of the new ones that come out in the next refresh and give the current Mini to my daughter or set up another server upstairs.

I don't think we blame or hate Apple. But quite a lot of people hate especially Stephen Elop and to some extent Microsoft.

Stephen Elop was a trojan horse that destroyed Nokia and the the board of Nokia allowed that to happen. But maybe the boards members expected to get good bunch of money for themselves when Microsoft bough the Devices-unit.

+1

Anyway, politicians needs to blame somebody...!

Roch