IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

I should add that on they iPhone there are tabs at the top of the search for My Music, Tidal etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

Just use the regular search and if you scroll down the results you'll see that it shows entries from your library and then entries from tidal, assuming you've set tidal up.

that was simple - thanks a lot!

I should add that on they iPhone there are tabs at the top of the search for My Music, Tidal etc

yep noticed tabs on my ipad as well. i wonder how i didn't notice these things before :(

- Add radio station (except those in My Stations) to collection in full screen queue interface (iPhone)

- Share radio station in full screen queue interface (iPhone)

- You can click 'XXX Files' notice in music library setting page to see the path of file that is been scanned by Lightning Server now (iPhone, iPad)

- Hit system navigation bar on any interface to return to top of the list (iPhone, iPad)

Improvement:

- Search function performance enhancement (iPhone)

- Show album cover as avatar for Composer in search result (iPhone)

- Other user interface optimization (iPhone)

- Auto re-login streaming account after current session expired (iPhone)

- Popup notice for login failure if streaming account password has been changed (iPhone)

- Startup procedure improvement (iPad)

- Lightning device and music library setup guide optimization (iPhone, iPad)

- Add App start URL, you can start the app by enter LightningDS:// (iPhone, iPad)

Fixes:

- App crash after music library content has changed (iPhone)

- App crash when import streaming collection and playlist (iPhone)

- App crash when click Qobuz Playlist (iPhone)

- App crash if search local music immediately after import a music library (iPhone)

- Full text search index wont update after music library has changed (iPhone)

- Duplicate search result in My Music section (iPhone)

- Multiple keywords in search functions wont cross match each other (iPhone)

- Artist avatar wont show up in search result (iPhone)

- Composer search result match number is incorrect (iPhone)

- Unable to search file sampling rate (iPhone)

- Data in Qobuz>My Favorite been handled incorrectly (iPhone)

- Music Library show as empty after specific operation (iPhone)

- Poor album cover quality in 'FROM THIS ARTIST' section (iPhone)

- Streaming content in Collection could not been removed automatically after sign out streaming account (iPhone)

- Favorite mark of radio stations does not show up correctly (iPhone)

- Other user interface fixes (iPhone)

- Only first 40 tracks in streaming album, playlist can show up and be added to queue (iPad)

- Unable to set ARIES IP manually (iPad)

- System navigation bar wont hide in full screen queue (iPad)

- M4A file shows up as 0bit during playback (iPhone, iPad)

- Play time for radio station show up incorrectly (iPhone, iPad)

Hi some help here please with setting up after finally getting a iPhone 6S that can run Lightning DS.

I updated the firmware, setup the Aries choosing outputs etc. - no problems so far following the step by step instructions.

Problem encountered with setting up library from a networked drive - a WD My Book attached to my Macbook via USB. I selected the Network Shared Folder and could see the folders within. However, when I selected the folder, it said:

Error

Connection failed with the error

The network name could not be found

I have attached screenshots as follows.

IMG_5390.PNG

Is there some other setting I need to do?

The existing Macbook is running LMS and can access the drive with no problems.

Any help much appreciated.

IMG_5388.PNG

IMG_5389.PNG

Hi some help here please with setting up after finally getting a iPhone 6S that can run Lightning DS.

I updated the firmware, setup the Aries choosing outputs etc. - no problems so far following the step by step instructions.

Problem encountered with setting up library from a networked drive - a WD My Book attached to my Macbook via USB. I selected the Network Shared Folder and could see the folders within. However, when I selected the folder, it said:

Error

Connection failed with the error

The network name could not be found

I have attached screenshots as follows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24625[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24626[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24627[/ATTACH]

Is there some other setting I need to do?

The existing Macbook is running LMS and can access the drive with no problems.

Any help much appreciated.

What is the folder you want to use ? Music i suppose ? Because LDS can have some trouble with space or special characters in folder name.

What is the folder you want to use ? Music i suppose ? Because LDS can have some trouble with space or special characters in folder name.

Try smb://'IP address of M-8'/Music/Flac

I hope you are on fixed IP address for your NAS. If you are using DHCP, go into your router allocation table and filter it there based on your NAS mac-address.

Try smb://'IP address of M-8'/Music/Flac

I hope you are on fixed IP address for your NAS. If you are using DHCP, go into your router allocation table and filter it there based on your NAS mac-address.

My Macbook has a fixed IP address and not assigned by DHCP.

How do I access "smb://'IP address of M-8'/Music/Flac" ?

Where do I key that in? My browser?

My Macbook has a fixed IP address and not assigned by DHCP.

How do I access "smb://'IP address of M-8'/Music/Flac" ?

Where do I key that in? My browser?

You need to put this inside the setup page of your Lightning DS app!

You can use the Fing app to find the IP of the NAS.

You may also look for a label on the MyBook and then find it in your router based on its mac address. You may also browse for it in your Internet browser by just typing some IP addresses, e.g. 192.168.1.2 and so forth.

Thanks for the help guys.

I tried it again after creating a new user and file sharing permissions and it worked this time and scanned my library. However, I do not see what was different from the first time I scanned it. Basically then I used an administrator account with all the same permissions on the same folders which were already shared to begin with. However, I am glad it works.

I could not fill in the IP address as the section was filled out already but it was filled with my Macbook's name and the path to the right directory.

Some files did not show up and from a quick inspection, it looks like a single FLAC or Wavpack file for an entire album (not split into tracks) with an accompanying cue file. These were not indexed at all. Albums with a single APE file with an accompanying cue file were indexed but as a single long track. Are there workarounds these? LMS is able to split them up to the constituent tracks and pretty much index everything.

It scanned pretty quickly - a total of 45,911 songs. From memory this is faster than LMS although I am unsure if everything is there.

I'll try playing it for a few days and then try using LMS to see if that works as well.

Thanks again for your help.

Oops spoke too soon - another glitch. So far am able to add items to playlist but haven't been ab;e to play. Whenever I hit play there is an error saying "Failed to switch to Library Mode".

I can see tracks and choose them - just can't play.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Oops spoke too soon - another glitch. So far am able to add items to playlist but haven't been ab;e to play. Whenever I hit play there is an error saying "Failed to switch to Library Mode".

Resolved I think. The default (even though I set it up as Lightning Server) was uPnP Renderer instead of Lightning Device. Works now.

My gripe is the setup procedure via the guided steps should be more glitch free. They are straightforward enough but certainly not glitch free as I have discovered.

I guess to next try uPnP mode I should select uPnP Renderer and choose LMS as the server.

Thanks again

Hi

Problems with adding to playlist - after a few album additions, adding to playlist causes the iPhone Lightning DS app to crash.

Is it only me and if so is there a way around this?

Also, from the Playlist mode I find that if I accidentally hit the "What's Playing" field at the bottom which is empty, I am pretty much stuck there with no recourse in terms of getting back to Library - is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Here's why we are getting NO INFORMATION from Auralic on the "MQA Issue":

JD = John Darko, Digital Audio Review

XW = Xuanqian Wang, Founder and CEO of AURALiC

JD: And are you at liberty to tell us anything about how MQA implementation on the Mini is progressing?

XW: Due to the NDA we have signed with MQA, we are not allowed to discuss this topic.

Full interview: AURALiC Mainman Talks Aries, Roon, MQA (kinda) | DAR__KO

Hey guys, I just did installed the new Lightning DS Update that became available today for my iPhone and have since lost access to all of my music. When I try to set it back up and hit the "mount" option it tells me "the IP Address of network shared folder is incorrect". I don't know how to find the IP Address, nor do I even see a spot to put it in my iPhone. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas what I can do to fix it? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, newbie here. Have my aries mini since a month and am very pleased overall with the sound quality. The one frustrating thing about the app is that its very difficult to add individual songs from within an album to a playlist. the + sign next to the track is so tiny that I invariably end up making the track play instead of bringing up the add to menu. Is there a workaround or am I doing something wrong.? Help! Using an ipad mini.

Hi folks, newbie here. Have my aries mini since a month and am very pleased overall with the sound quality. The one frustrating thing about the app is that its very difficult to add individual songs from within an album to a playlist. the + sign next to the track is so tiny that I invariably end up making the track play instead of bringing up the add to menu. Is there a workaround or am I doing something wrong.? Help! Using an ipad mini.

Yes it can get tricky when you are afflicted with horizontally challenged fingers as I am. Not ideal, but a stylus pen works well......

Hey guys, I just did installed the new Lightning DS Update that became available today for my iPhone and have since lost access to all of my music.

What update would that be? Auralic havent't announced an update either on their Facebook page or on their support page. Nothing in the Apple App Store fore my, either.

Lightning DS 3.0 (2016043001) beta is out... and suddenly a new AURALiC account is required for the Aries to function. I'm not sure I'm happy about that "feature"! What is the consensus about this?

goldendarko, if you are using the beta, re-install the official release from the Appstore and see if that solves your problem.

RolandGo, if you want to participate in the public testing program, send a request to "[email protected]" with your device serial number.

• 2 weeks later...