IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Thanks for this and Thank You for all your NOT helping. Merry Christmas... HO HO HO

Don't upgrade to this...It changes all your settings. If you don't know what your doing,Like me...Don't update... Everything was great before the update...

Wow @2string1 - You sound a bit entitled. People here offer free advice in their spare time, of which nobody had too much. Now, you're insulting people for not helping you or not helping you avoid a problem that only seems to exist for you.

Then you tell people not to update without giving any information that could possibly help someone make a decision.

You are not helping yourself nor anyone else.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Where is the help and advice??? I was told there is a new version so I updated and it screwed everything up. So I asked the person who posted the update what went wrong and was told your on your own... Help and advice...I quess so... I think... he should have gave more info so I could make a decision... The update screwed up things. Try it, and maybe you can help me out rather then just criticize me. I admit, I'm frustrated and should be easier on my statements,but when I asked, like I said I was told your on your own. Read it... I'm just telling it like it is...The update change everything dramatically...

The info is given in the text with the update. Have a look. I have no problems after updating. Please don't blame me for your problems.

I'm not blaming you for my problems... Get that now... I'm blaming you for your response when I asked you for help. Period. Lets end this now. I will fix it.

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding here. I don't think Leeuwarden has any connection to Auralic. Just a user sharing that he/ she noticed an update was available. No one has any obligation to help anyone here. Not even a manufacturer, as this is a voluntary web forum. Auralic has easily available avenues for requesting support.

I am curious if any other DS users have had any issues with the update. Anxious to give it a go but I'll hold off for a bit if there's risk of problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

2string1, you might try unplugging the USB drive then plugging it back in while the Aries is on. This will force the Aries to recognize the USB drive.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Just one other suggestion. You can reset the Aries to factory settings by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the case with a tooth pick while the Aries is on.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

The info is given in the text with the update. Have a look. I have no problems after updating. Please don't blame me for your problems.

Can someone point me to where I might look at this text with the update please? I just updated on my IPad and everything is still there, BUT, I use primarily the view 'by imported date'. In the old version, the dates would be on the left and the cover art would be in a grid on the right. You could scroll either and click as you pleased.

In the new version, all you get is a list of dates that take up the entire screen and it isn't until you click on a date that you get to see something more interesting. So you have to click on each day by day to see what' s inside.

How can I get the old view back please?

IMG_0006.PNG

Can someone point me to where I might look at this text with the update please? I just updated on my IPad and everything is still there, BUT, I use primarily the view 'by imported date'. In the old version, the dates would be on the left and the cover art would be in a grid on the right. You could scroll either and click as you pleased.

In the new version, all you get is a list of dates that take up the entire screen and it isn't until you click on a date that you get to see something more interesting. So you have to click on each day by day to see what' s inside.

I've asked the same thing several times...How do you get back the previous version???? There must be a way to roll back...

Did you try clicking the "All Dates" option at the top?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I've asked the same thing several times...How do you get back the previous version???? There must be a way to roll back...

There does not seem to be an official way to roll back. When LDS 4.0 shows up in the app store, the older 3.1 no longer appears, so even after 4.0 is uninstalled, 3.1 cannot be reinstalled.

It looks like Auralic action is needed to re-expose 3.1 as a download option alongside the new 4.0 within the app store. However, I have no idea whether Apple policy permits multiple revisions of an app to be concurrently offered for downloading & installation.

Contacting Auralic support is the proper thing to do in this case. They are also the right folks to assist with troubleshooting your issues with 4.0, especially if it turns out there is really no way to roll back.

Well after many attempts and re-installing several times to get it to work it suddenly started working. I'm not sure why or what I did but it's working. Updates should not take away all your settings and make you start from scratch. It's been awhile since Iv'e had to fuss with LDS so maybe I was just doing something wrong. The skin is certainly different...

No bugs here with LDS 4.0... It just works as advertised.

Same here. I downloaded LDS 4.0 today and it worked pretty much as expected. Not sure I am enamored with the layout, but so far it works. I had to sign-in to Tidal from scratch, but that too worked fine.

Source: Intel i3 NUC/fanless/Euphony/Ext SSD) JS-2;

DAC: Mojo Mystique V2/Regen /LPS1.2;Curious USB

Preamp: Music First Audio passive V2/ Morrow cables

Amp: Sanders Electrostatic; Mapleshade power cable

Speakers: Magneplanar 1.7/Hsu vTF2 sub/Room 27x15'  

Misc: eR; extensive anti-vibration; 1.7's on Herbie's footers

I also download LDS ver. 4.0, everything is working well but when I play DSD 64 files the display on my DAC says 88.2K. Wondering if the Aries is down sampling DSD to 88.2K.

2 Ch stereo

I downloaded LDS last night a bit apprehensively after reading some of the posts. Been navigating the features tonight and am impressed with Auralics' efforts. Best iPad orientation now seems to be in portrait mode, understandable considering this is derived from the iPhone version. Thanks Auralic for the early Christmas present.

Martin.