IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

I see it live on the App store now. Downloading!

I have spent about 5 minutes with it and I am really happy. I am sure that there will be quirks, but a big improvement from the iPad app. I still have a 5S and it is quick and the screen size is fine for now. I will install on my wife's 6 too...

I've downloaded it as well.

Would someone be so kind as to answer my question so that I can begin the setup?

When I create a network shared folder on my Macbook, can I point to a few paths for each network drive rather than just one as in the example on http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206855007-Create-network-shared-folder-on-Mac-OS-X?

Can I try one first and then add drives as I go along or will that be problematic?

Thanks

Hi

Just received my Aries and am trying to do a quick test setup on iPhone test app and Macbook without organising my many USB drive-assembled over the years library.

I currently have my music of more than one USB drives attached to my Macbook.

When I create a network shared folder on my Macbook, can I point to a few paths for each network drive rather than just one as in the example on http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206855007-Create-network-shared-folder-on-Mac-OS-X?

Can I try one first and then add drives as I go along or will that be problematic?

Thanks

Thanks Digitalized.

I am moving from a Squeezebox touch and LMS allows you to use multiple paths and that has contributed to my disorganised music library being scattered all over the place on various USB drives.

Do you know if I will be able to do an initial setup with one drive first to get me going and then consolidate all the music to a single path and then redo the setup from scratch or is that not supported as well ie. you can do a setup one time only and will be stuck with it for good.

Thanks again.

I believe you can only point the Lightning DS app to one path at a time. Multiple paths are not supported.
Thanks Digitalized.

I am moving from a Squeezebox touch and LMS allows you to use multiple paths and that has contributed to my disorganised music library being scattered all over the place on various USB drives.

Do you know if I will be able to do an initial setup with one drive first to get me going and then consolidate all the music to a single path and then redo the setup from scratch or is that not supported as well ie. you can do a setup one time only and will be stuck with it for good.

Thanks again.

You're welcome!

You can always set up another drive with all of your music and have Lightning DS rescan that drive. You can put it in the same folder you originally set up or you can set up Lightning Server to point to a new path/folder.

I have upgraded my app and after having a lot of trouble I have just seen the info to tell me not to upgrade to this version if using an IPad. Does anyone know how to go back to a previous version of the software, the only app available in the ITunes store is the new one. My library will not show and the app keeps crashing and telling me that my netwok folder has the wrong IP address. I have rescanned a few times and I can access via folder but album art will not show and it says my Library is empty.

Any help will be appreciated.

Palmer TT, AN CDT, Auralic Aries,Uptone Regen, Devialet D200, Focal 1028be

I have upgraded my app and after having a lot of trouble I have just seen the info to tell me not to upgrade to this version if using an IPad. Does anyone know how to go back to a previous version of the software, the only app available in the ITunes store is the new one. My library will not show and the app keeps crashing and telling me that my netwok folder has the wrong IP address. I have rescanned a few times and I can access via folder but album art will not show and it says my Library is empty.

Any help will be appreciated.

Although I also have 2.4 on my iPhone, I have 2.4 (updated automatically yesterday) on my iPad and all is well. It might be something else, rather than your version.

Although I also have 2.4 on my iPhone, I have 2.4 (updated automatically yesterday) on my iPad and all is well. It might be something else, rather than your version.

Thanks Ted, I was concerned by the warning from Auralic telling Ipad owners not to upgrade to 2.4. I will check all the other aspects but it worked faultlessly before this change.

+1. Version 2.4 is working perfectly on my iPad Air.

Actually...I take it back - it is a bit buggy since the update. I just noticed after rescanning twice (without adding anything) that the number of songs differed each time, like the scan was skipping some files or stopping short. It worked properly after I activated the red "Erase Lightning Server Index" tab and then mounted the disk again, which activated a full scan instead of the quick one.

My Lightning DS has that problem of not finding a library sometimes. Could you try the following, if you haven't already?

Change from Library view to Folder view.

Go to Settings.

Go to the Library selection. Choose your library. Tap rescan.

On my iPad, this works. The app doesn't find the library in Library view, but has no problem in Folder view. Strange, but true.

Is there a way to have the app shuffle all songs in a library? I have 22k tracks or so, and on weekends I appreciate the surprise this kind of randomness can bring. Thanks.

Sadly, no. I wish there was but the whole point of LDS is that it's playlist based. I asked for a while if there could be a little "switch" so it could work both ways but I don't think one person asking will facilitate that happening. Email them though!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Sadly, no. I wish there was but the whole point of LDS is that it's playlist based. I asked for a while if there could be a little "switch" so it could work both ways but I don't think one person asking will facilitate that happening. Email them though!

I will do just that, and encourage others here to do the same. BTW - You are a better man than I. I gave up waiting on Eero 3 months ago.

My Lightning DS has that problem of not finding a library sometimes. Could you try the following, if you haven't already?

Change from Library view to Folder view.

Go to Settings.

Go to the Library selection. Choose your library. Tap rescan.

On my iPad, this works. The app doesn't find the library in Library view, but has no problem in Folder view. Strange, but true.

I have finally given up and installed Minimserver which works faultlessly!

Hi Guys,

I've had my Mini for about 4 weeks and after 2 very frustrating weeks all is working properly after I reduced my library from 40,000 down to 9,500 tracks. Not sure if it was the size of the library of whether I had a defective file causing problems. In any case all working well now and I quite the like the iPhone app except it "looses" the library every now and then, however, I am also suffering from poor wifi, which may well be the issue.

Having been involved in several software installations as the client I understand how frustrating and difficult the process can be. Can I suggest that those having issues take a deep breath and hang in there as eventually things do get sorted out. I know its OK for me to say but if you stay cool and continue to simply log your issues and follow them up I get the strong impression that Auralic will do their best to sort it out. They have actually come along way in a short period of time and if we continue to support them we will have a very cost effective and great sounding streamer / DAC.

Quick question: Does anyone know how to transfer playlists across from iTunes and / or Tidal? The smart playlists that I made in iTunes show up in the apple remote app and also on Tidal's desktop (which I play from within Roon) on my mac mini but not on the stand alone Tidal app or on the Tidal "streaming account" inside the Lighting LS app on my iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

I just installed LDS iPhone app, have all my music on a USB drive. LDS mounted and scanned my drive. But my music folder remains empty. When I got to folder view I can see my music, but when I click on any track I get an error that the music server is not online. Any know what the deal is?

Quick question: Does anyone know how to transfer playlists across from iTunes and / or Tidal? The smart playlists that I made in iTunes show up in the apple remote app and also on Tidal's desktop (which I play from within Roon) on my mac mini but not on the stand alone Tidal app or on the Tidal "streaming account" inside the Lighting LS app on my iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ajax

Is this of any help Soundiiz - Convert and import your playlists ?