IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Thanks for the link but unfortunately Auralic's Lightning DS software not yet on offer at Soundiz

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Dam Tidal. I tried there 30 day trial. It ran out. I recieve an email telling me so. I clicked on the email and saw an offer for 6 months payed all at once at a discount. So I clicked on the subscription tab to check it out and find out there payment methods and it automatically took $19.99 for 1 month out of my paypal account. I never authorized this and have no idea how they even got my account. All I was doing was investigating my options and it just took my money. Usually paypal will make you sign in before final payment is made. Was going to go for the 6 month deal but now they already got me for the 1 month at the full price. I'm ticked off now... The only payment method that is changeable in settings is your bank account. Which they don't have. I see no option to delete the paypal account.

Dam Tidal. I tried there 30 day trial. It ran out. I recieve an email telling me so. I clicked on the email and saw an offer for 6 months payed all at once at a discount. So I clicked on the subscription tab to check it out and find out there payment methods and it automatically took $19.99 for 1 month out of my paypal account. I never authorized this and have no idea how they even got my account. All I was doing was investigating my options and it just took my money. Usually paypal will make you sign in before final payment is made. Was going to go for the 6 month deal but now they already got me for the 1 month at the full price. I'm ticked off now... The only payment method that is changeable in settings is your bank account. Which they don't have. I see no option to delete the paypal account.

Please remove this. I moved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, apologies f this has been asked before but if it has I can't find it. Is there any way to stop Lightening DS (on IPad) effectively resetting each time I go to another app such as mail or safari? I've navigated to a particular artist in my library but when I leave and come back I'm taken back to the beginning of my list of albums again. Any way to make it keep the session active? Cheers, Mike.

Hi, apologies f this has been asked before but if it has I can't find it. Is there any way to stop Lightening DS (on IPad) effectively resetting each time I go to another app such as mail or safari? I've navigated to a particular artist in my library but when I leave and come back I'm taken back to the beginning of my list of albums again. Any way to make it keep the session active? Cheers, Mike.

I wish that would be possible, but no, unfortunately not. Auralic MUST really hurry to improve on connectivity. The latest LDS + firmware are buggy. When my iPhone goes to sleep and awakens again LDS tries to reconnect to the Aries Mini. Sometimes succesful, sometimes not. IF it reconnects it tells me my library (local SSD) is offline and won't play anything (except for radiostations of course). If I close the app and start it again, everything works fine. I reported the bug to Auralic.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

One of the reasons I use the Lumin app......

As far as I'm aware, the Aries's support for OpenHome does not extend to its Streaming Services, which provides the OpenHome method for accessing TIDAL. The Aries instead uses a proprietary mechanism to access TIDAL, which is incompatible with the OpenHome Streaming Services one. This means that the Aries won't be able to access TIDAL with an OpenHome control app that does support OpenHome Streaming Services, such as the LUMIN app.

If you could use the Aries in its (standard) UPnP mode, as opposed to its OpenHome mode, you should be able to use the BubbleUPnP Server helper software (on a computer or NAS) to emulate OpenHome for the Aries. The BubblePnP Server created OpenHome emulator includes support for OpenHome Streaming Services, so it would allow you to use the LUMIN app with the Aries for TIDAL.

Unfortunately, the Aries's UPnP mode has been reported as broken for quite a while. Ted_b also mentioned not too long ago that fixing it was not in Auralic's thoughts, as UPnP is "not at all on Auralic radar. UPnP is a huge step backward from what Lightning is doing in OpenHome (and OH improvements)":

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/auralic-lightning-ds-app-software-impressions-and-information-21262/index68.html#post500395

Of course, "OH improvements" could well mean that the Aries may eventually support OpenHome Streaming Services and use its mechanism for accessing TIDAL.

Having said that, I've also seen it mentioned recently that the UPnP mode was actually "back working" following the 3.1 firmware update, at least for the Aries Mini:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/auralic-aries-mini-25054/index34.html#post507757

So it may now be possible to use the Aries in UPnP mode and the BubbleUPnP Server software, to get TIDAL access with the LUMIN app.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Thanks for the OH/Tidal elaborations, Cebolla.

I have always thought that Tidal required the specific renderer to work along with the iDevice, meaning that everything is not done within the control point. This would explain that the Aries would not work with Lumin control point for Tidal online streaming.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Some serious problems with Lightning DS. It sees every song as a separate album.

Also when I chose a genre it does not disparate list of artists, it just lists every song from that genre. Is there any way to reduce the numb of genres? When I use foobar I get maybe 10 to 14 genres, lightning DS gives me 37.

The app in general is very hard to use. I cannot figure out how it works.

[br]

I have Some serious problems with Lightning DS. It sees every song as a separate album.

Also when I chose a genre it does not disparate list of artists, it just lists every song from that genre. Is there any way to reduce the numb of genres? When I use foobar I get maybe 10 to 14 genres, lightning DS gives me 37.

The app in general is very hard to use. I cannot figure out how it works.

Very hard to use ? Where ?

You problem is related to metadata issues in your files. You have to tag correctly your file to ensure that LDS handle them correctly in the database.

Genre are not invented/created by LDS, but found in your files.

Very hard to use ? Where ?

You problem is related to metadata issues in your files. You have to tag correctly your file to ensure that LDS handle them correctly in the database.

Genre are not invented/created by LDS, but found in your files.

Compared to Mediamonkey, an app for foobar, the Lightning DS app is difficult to use. I have no clue what the difference is between Library View and Folder View or what the purpose of Collection is.

For some songs and albums I used multiple genres. So I could find the same artist under multiple genres. I have a lot of doom metal. So I created a genre Doom. But those same album I wanted to find in the genre metal. So I tagged them doom; metal or metal; doom. In lightning DS I find the genres Doom, Doom Metal, Metal Doom and Metal. This is really annoying. In Lightning DS I also no hwva the genres pop folk, folk pop, pop reggae, pop electro, etc.

Also each songs is an album. So if I select an artist I see, 600 albums, 613 songs. I never play separate songs. In foorbar I just selected an album and pressed play. That is why I never use play lists I dislike it a lot when people mix a lot.

[br]

Compared to Mediamonkey, an app for foobar, the Lightning DS app is difficult to use. I have no clue what the difference is between Library View and Folder View or what the purpose of Collection is.

For some songs and albums I used multiple genres. So I could find the same artist under multiple genres. I have a lot of doom metal. So I created a genre Doom. But those same album I wanted to find in the genre metal. So I tagged them doom; metal or metal; doom. In lightning DS I find the genres Doom, Doom Metal, Metal Doom and Metal. This is really annoying. In Lightning DS I also no hwva the genres pop folk, folk pop, pop reggae, pop electro, etc.

Also each songs is an album. So if I select an artist I see, 600 albums, 613 songs. I never play separate songs. In foorbar I just selected an album and pressed play. That is why I never use play lists I dislike it a lot when people mix a lot.

Did you try to avoid space between genre names ? Like Metal/Doom and Doom/Metal ?

Each song is album is clairly a issue with your tags. Can you post some image of some (or your) tag software with many of your tracks to understand the problem ?

I've more than 6000 tracks and everything is kept in order, each track is in its own album. And i can choose to play an entire album or some tracks, or mix. So i think we have to check how your tags are handled by LDS. DO you use "group album" or "compilation" or something like that ?

Two pictures.

The top one is from Foobar. It displays the album title. As far as I can tell it only has 1 title.

The bottom pic is from LDS it shows each song as a separate album. You can also see that Metallica contains 136 albums.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this.

Foobar.jpg

DSC_0763.jpg

[br]

Two pictures.

The top one is from Foobar. It displays the album title. As far as I can tell it only has 1 title.

The bottom pic is from LDS it shows each song as a separate album. You can also see that Metallica contains 136 albums.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24480[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24481[/ATTACH]

This is my LDS, as you can see no issue. Check your tags, i'm pretty sure this is the issue. Can you post some pics about your tag software (not LDS or there, your tagging soft to edit the metadata).

IMG_0316.PNG

IMG_0315.PNG

here is a picture of the metadata using mp3tag. All the metadata was generated by dBpoweramp when I ripped my CDs.

1.jpg

I have been told that there is a setting somewhere, where you can select something like show tracks instead of show albums.

[br]

here is a picture of the metadata using mp3tag. All the metadata was generated by dBpoweramp when I ripped my CDs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24499[/ATTACH]

I have been told that there is a setting somewhere, where you can select something like show tracks instead of show albums.

Hello, do you have an album view ? Because you have individual tracks, but i can not see something like number of track in an album (2 on 21 for example).

See the pics attached.

yate2.jpg