IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

...after all the positive Feedback i switched seamless and troublefree from Testflight 4.0 to Official 4.0.

Question, do you have any Cover(Radio Cover/Album Cover) Mainscreen in Radio Mode Mainscreen? The only Cover i see is the black and white Lightning Radio Sign...

Hi,

I see what you see. For example, in favourites, the list of stations have a thumbnail cover beside them but if I play a station and change to the cover screen only a grey musical note appears on a black ground. The description of what is playing does appear. This is much the same as I have experienced with previous versions of LDS.

Martin.

Thanks Martin. I thought I am the only one with this prehistoric GUI... ;-)

I suppose everyone has different expectations. Personally, my needs have been met with previous editions of LDS. The bonus for me with this latest version is having the large cover art display accompanying the track playing info. I also consider Auralic are due some credit for enhancing their product at no charge to existing customers.

Martin.

My Aries is now sending a DSD signal to my DAC. I had to enable the DSD over PCM(DoP) in the Lightning controls.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Just found out the app had an update.

Not sure if it makes me happy. What does the heart shaped icon mean?

Personally I have never any streaming radio stuff like tidal or spotify, or used favourites and play lists. It seems the new version is pushing these option more. I normally just brows artists. Select an album and listen to that album. Album and or artist browsing is has become a bit harder to do it seems.

[br]

Will it switch off the Vega also?

You'd be better off leaving it on all the time.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Standby or the sleep mode is fine. The OLED display is turned off then.

Previously I had to take the Aries remote and press the display button. Now the app takes care of everything. Maybe not a huge improvement, but a nice one.

I can't see how you do this - I'm obviously suffering from Christmas excess! Any clues?

Thanks

Alan

My brother just bought his Altair on my recommendation and we did the install. His music is on a NAS (like mine) and the scan reveals approx. 156,000 tracks. However, the new Lightning DS app seems to fail on the indexing and even though I can see the number of tracks in settings, the library continues to show as empty. When I go to folder view, I can click on the albums and get an ugly list (even though I select the grid view but that's less critical) and when I click on any album on the list, there is nothing behind the link (even though the album art may show up in thelist, as well as the correct number of tracks on the album).

I remember another user here had a very similar problem when migrating to the new Lightning DS app and then it went away. Does anybody have the same problem or does the user who resolved it have any idea HOW it was resolved?

Ancillary question: has anyone asked Auralic to re-release the previous version of the App?

I look forward to your help and suggestions.

My brother just bought his Altair on my recommendation and we did the install. His music is on a NAS (like mine) and the scan reveals approx. 156,000 tracks. However, the new Lightning DS app seems to fail on the indexing and even though I can see the number of tracks in settings, the library continues to show as empty. When I go to folder view, I can click on the albums and get an ugly list (even though I select the grid view but that's less critical) and when I click on any album on the list, there is nothing behind the link (even though the album art may show up in thelist, as well as the correct number of tracks on the album).

I remember another user here had a very similar problem when migrating to the new Lightning DS app and then it went away. Does anybody have the same problem or does the user who resolved it have any idea HOW it was resolved?

Ancillary question: has anyone asked Auralic to re-release the previous version of the App?

I look forward to your help and suggestions.

Auralic told me to click on this "erase lightning server index"

iPhoneImage2222.jpg

One thing I would like to see in a future release of the Lightning DS app is the ability to access the attached USB thumb drive on the Aries from an iPad much like we can do now from a Mac/Windows PC as a shared drive to edit or add downloaded music files. The way things are run now is that the iPad is ideal for browsing and selecting music files while sitting back on your music chair but if i want to download some music from the internet, I need to barrow my wife's MacBook laptop. Getting rid of the need for a laptop all together would be great.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter