IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

• 4 weeks later...
As happy Aries user I have a question:

is there a way with Lihtning DS ( v 3.1 for iPad) to display only the albums from a specific genre ? Like for exemple showing only the cover arts of the "classical music" albums from my library ?

Thanks in advance

bertrand

This is quite simple. Near top right hand drop down menu - select 'Genre'. Left hand menu shows all genres - select 'Classical' and all classical album art will appear. This may all change soon when the upgraded version of "Lightning' becomes available.

This is quite simple. Near top right hand drop down menu - select 'Genre'. Left hand menu shows all genres - select 'Classical' and all classical album art will appear. This may all change soon when the upgraded version of "Lightning' becomes available.

Thanks for the answer. I am aware that I can do what you mention, but then the albums will be sorted by genre, with ALL albums still visible, and the "classical" genre grouped together in between many other albums.

So I will much prefer to be able to display ONLY one genre of albums, not to sort by genre. This will make the scrolling and finding much easier.

Is it possible ?

thanks in advance

Thanks for the answer. I am aware that I can do what you mention, but then the albums will be sorted by genre, with ALL albums still visible, and the "classical" genre grouped together in between many other albums.

So I will much prefer to be able to display ONLY one genre of albums, not to sort by genre. This will make the scrolling and finding much easier.

Is it possible ?

thanks in advance

Hi,

I tried what you are asking before I posted and it worked for me. If it doesn't for you then best to wait for the upgraded version of Lightning which will no doubt add and modify what is available at present. Just thinking, I was getting Classical albums separated on the iPad, maybe you were trying this on an iPhone of which I have no experience.

Hi,

i am in the Testflight Program and using Lightning 4.0(2016120501)

The new Version is really impressive fast and stable. What do you think about Lightning 4.0?

Cheers

I'm on Test Flight as well. Yes V4 is much better, especially for selecting options to add to queue/playlist. With V3 I could never "catch" that small circle and kept accidentally changing the song selection...very frustrating. Glad to see they changed that.

My biggest gripe with V3 and V4 is the Volume slider. It is not very precise, nor gradual, and has a delay. I suggested they ADD up/down buttons that allow fine control of single steps.

I would love to give my feedback on Lightning 4.0. When can we expect it?

Auralic's interpretation of "coming very soon" in their November 11 facebook post and mine obviously differ wildly. Nearly a month on is more like "yeah yeah we'll get around to it" in my book.

Yes I am anxious to see how the new version goes :)

Auralic's interpretation of "coming very soon" in their November 11 facebook post and mine obviously differ wildly. Nearly a month on is more like "yeah yeah we'll get around to it" in my book.

Yes I am anxious to see how the new version goes :)

Me too. Patience obviously required. Maybe some bugs still to squash.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I have 6 albums that wont show up under "Artist" in Lightning, but instead show up under "#". As it turns out, these are all my DFF file type albums. The wav and DSF file albums show up fine. Ive reviewed the metadata using Foobar and everything looks ok.

Any ideas?

I don't know the details, but in general the DFF file format doesn't have a provision to store metadata. So when indexed, these files have no metadata to index.

Some players like Foobar apparently are able to associate metadata in other ways, but Lightning DS only sees what's in the file itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks for the explanation. Its a little curious where Foobar is getting the metadata from though.

Is it possible to attach metadata to the files or include it in a shared folder where Lighning could use it?