IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

Ok looked as if it hadn't auto updated so I reinstalled Lightning DS went through set up process which was very glitchy - crashed twice wouldn't set the name of the Aries etc. But Firmware v3 now shows as installed.

Tried AirPlay - didn't work then switched back to streaming and LDS wouldn't recognise the output so having to restart the Aries again. Quite frustrating.

The forthcoming iPhone app is great!

[ATTACH]23348[/ATTACH]

It is! The interface is better than iPad ( they will adapt iPad to iPhone interface soon). It is quite a pleasure to test the LDS betas: in general they function well, at leadt with my setup.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V

It is! The interface is better than iPad ( they will adapt iPad to iPhone interface soon). It is quite a pleasure to test the LDS betas: in general they function well, at leadt with my setup.

+1 ("Soon" is relative; lots of work to do for the iPad version. Auralic wants the same use of real estate, which means don't just move the iphone app to the iPad).

Has the V3 firmware been rolled out? I haven't had a notification nor has the Aries rebooted to update - I can't seem to see where I can find out on LDS or Aries what firmware edition I have - it says it is up to date but the firmware version box is blank?

3.0 is live. My Aries updated automatically. In setting click on your Aries and at the bottom it should tell you which firmware is installed. If it hasn't updated, try powering down the Aries and then back up again and see if you can refresh the option to check firmware.

Airplay in v3 still not working for me and if I do use it, it disable normal streaming so I have to restart - been in touch with Auralic and they don't know what the issue is - tried a hard reset, nothing. Shame as that was one of the things that was supposed to be a big improvement. If anyone else has the issue it would be nice to not to feel alone - and let Auralic know of course ;)

This is main reason why I supported Auralic's decision to just focus on iOS development. Applying scarce resources to getting one platform to be as good it can be is better than having the same mediocre app spread across multiple platforms.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

+1 ("Soon" is relative; lots of work to do for the iPad version. Auralic wants the same use of real estate, which means don't just move the iphone app to the iPad).

Hi Ted. Thanks in advance for all of your helpful posts.

Just curious if the Aries is the only network file player that you run now? Or, what all devices are you using?

Hi Ted. Thanks in advance for all of your helpful posts.

Just curious if the Aries is the only network file player that you run now? Or, what all devices are you using?

I don't want to hijack the thread. I use several (Aries, Signature Rendu, Playpoint, Aurender, HQplayer via pc) and try to report on them as best as possible. I'm way behind in most. :)

Back to Aries. I can't seem to get mine to update to 3.0 since getting back from CES, but need to be more patient.

Hi

Just received my Aries and am trying to do a quick test setup on iPhone test app and Macbook without organising my many USB drive-assembled over the years library.

I currently have my music of more than one USB drives attached to my Macbook.

When I create a network shared folder on my Macbook, can I point to a few paths for each network drive rather than just one as in the example on http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206855007-Create-network-shared-folder-on-Mac-OS-X?

Can I try one first and then add drives as I go along or will that be problematic?

Thanks

Unfortunately, this feature has not been implemented in the Lightning DS Tidal UI. I only see it in the desktop app and the web interface. One of several Tidal features I think are missing or poorly implemented in Lightning DS. I'm hopeful it will be added at some point, as it's a feature I use often.

Sami Revah

Ah yes, the fabled iPhone beta app.

Okay, you had to wait a bit longer than Auralic forcasted (December 2015), BUT... the iPhone app is real and it's better than the current version of the iPad app.

Audio

Auralic Aries Mini > SBooster Vbus Isolator > Clicktronic USB 2.0 cable 0.5m > UpTone Audio REGEN (amber) > Curious USB REGEN link > Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > inakustik Reference NF-102 (RCA) > PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (EL34 tubes) > AH! DLS Direkt KB10 Speaker Cable > Sonus Faber Liuto Tower

~ and ~

Wadia 121 Decoding Computer > Belkin male 3.5-3.5 stereo jack iPod cable (with 6.3 adapter) > Sennheiser RS180

Powerline

Dedicated power group > Oehlbach Powercord OFC 1.5mm2 Schuko-C13 > Furman AC-210A E Power Conditioner > Powerline 1 to PrimaLuna, Powerline 2 to Brennenstuhl Premium Powersocket

UpTone Audio REGEN is powered by Meanwell SMPS with SBooster Ultra for REGEN

Auralic Aries Mini is powered by SBooster BOTW P&P ECO 15/16V with SBooster Ultra 15V