IGNORED

HQ Player

I just bought a new ifs idac 2 day.  It is supposed to support dsd 256 but I cannot get it to upsample beyond dsd 128 no matter what I do. I have loaded both firmware versions 5.2 and 5.1a and neither will allow DSD 256.   No idea what to do.  My idsd micro day worked fine but it finally died.   Any ideas here?  This is on Mac with Mojave OS.   thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.50.15 PM.png

17 minutes ago, itguy61 said:

I just bought a new ifs idac 2 day.  It is supposed to support dsd 256 but I cannot get it to upsample beyond dsd 128 no matter what I do. I have loaded both firmware versions 5.2 and 5.1a and neither will allow DSD 256.   No idea what to do.  My idsd micro day worked fine but it finally died.   Any ideas here?  This is on Mac with Mojave OS.   thanks!

Have you tried switching SDM Pack to None vs DoP on Settings panel?

I get no sound when I turn off DOP.   I just figured it out.  I downgraded to an earlier firmware for this DAC and it solved the issue.   the version 5.2 is supposed to support this but I could not get it to work.   Downgraded go 5.1A and it resolved they issue. 

Now I have to figure out which upsampling rate to use,  48x256 or 44.1 x 256.   I have been using 44.1 x 256  but jut tried 48 x 256 and it sound different.  Have to listed more to figure out how it is different, sounded a bit different spatially or something.

6 hours ago, itguy61 said:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.50.15 PM.png

You need firmware version 5.2A, then set PCM rate limit to 384k and SDM rate limit to 48k x256 (not 48k x250 like in your screenshot).

This way it'll work. I have iDAC2 connected to my iMac and it works.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

8 hours ago, luisma said:

Hello everyone, anyone with a Pro-ject S2 DAC and Roon and HQPe having strange issues?

Like playing with specific HQPe settings like these

image.thumb.png.c164633a3e373196aec54ae2c9ffcd97.png

And Roon not using it properly and sounding slowish and weird with reverberation (see below) like no upsampling being made

image.thumb.png.e500a34aa714cbbd56ab0e705d182f7b.png

Looks like NAA is failing to change the sampling rate or something. Can you try with the DAC connected directly to HQPlayer computer?

On 4/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, MemoryPlayer said:

Piotr Plawner, Pawel Przytocki & Arthur Rubinstein Philharmonic Orchestra playing Emil Młynarski (1870-1935) Violin Concertos Nos. 1 & 2 in 24Bits-96kHz upsampled to DSD256 AMSDM7 512+fs is the most beautiful album that I have heard in 2020.

Very nice surprise with gorgeous sound and lovely romantic music from an unknown composer, unknown violin player, unknown orchestra and unknown conductor!

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8718420--mlynarski-violin-concertos

8718420--mlynarski-violin-concertos.jpeg.5317480db17f1af47da723e5f3282031.jpeg

Many THANKS for that recommendation! Listned to the samples and downloaded the album straight away. Like it!

11 hours ago, Miska said:

You need firmware version 5.2A, then set PCM rate limit to 384k and SDM rate limit to 48k x256 (not 48k x250 like in your screenshot).

This way it'll work. I have iDAC2 connected to my iMac and it works.

Thanks I will try that!

something i have no answer ,  why 2s filters sounds less good than non-2s ones ?    one of my preferate filter with EC filters. is Polysinc-LongLP but not really usuable as at every change of sampling rate i must wait 2minutes before it start.      the 2s start fast but unfortunatly the sound seems not the same.. 🙂

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

4 hours ago, juanitox said:

something i have no answer ,  why 2s filters sounds less good than non-2s ones ?    one of my preferate filter with EC filters. is Polysinc-LongLP but not really usuable as at every change of sampling rate i must wait 2minutes before it start.      the 2s start fast but unfortunatly the sound seems not the same.. 🙂

Miska explained it more than once in this thread. I can not do as well as he can, so please check the previous pages or maybe search would help.

It can manage PCM but not the EC modulators. I reset the 6700k to max 4.2 ghz but i think ut us still a strain!

I hv decided to leapfrog the 9900is and wait fir the 10700 maybe even the 10090??? 

But the prices of 9900ks pc is quite affordable! 

🤣Might just pull the trigger!

BTW is upgrade price discount from 3 to Hqplayer 4?still available?

Thx for your great work and all the joy great music has brought to us all esp during this Covid19 global shutdown

3 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

It can manage PCM but not the EC modulators. I reset the 6700k to max 4.2 ghz but i think ut us still a strain!

I hv decided to leapfrog the 9900is and wait fir the 10700 maybe even the 10090??? 

But the prices of 9900ks pc is quite affordable! 

🤣Might just pull the trigger!

BTW is upgrade price discount from 3 to Hqplayer 4?still available?

Thx for your great work and all the joy great music has brought to us all esp during this Covid19 global shutdown

My 6700k could manage EC modulators to DSD256 fine. Somewhere on one of the HQPlayer threads on this site I posted the details. I now have 9900ks, but it doesn’t do much that that the 6700k couldn’t. 

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Miska explained it more than once in this thread. I can not do as well as he can, so please check the previous pages or maybe search would help.

your welcome 😀

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Let me try it right now. I mean again NOW!

Thanks for headsup

Just came back down from my ManCave!

NO GO!

Hqplayer 4 Desktop runs DSD64 DSD5EC/DSD7EC/ASDM5EC/ASDM7EC no difference

Stutters when I go up to DSD128

Already set Turbo to manual; up the settings so 4.4 Ghz but the CPU goes to 61% and throttles - On playback - stuttering.

This is on friendly upsampling filters like the hb, lp etc!!!

I think my 6700k is not capable at too much Turbo mode.

So Back to HQPlayer 3.

Until my 9900ks machine is ordered and delivered.

D

Hyper Threading on

Turbo On Manual

1st 2 cores set to 45 set limit

2nd 2 cores set to 43 set limit

CIE states for Power Mgt ON

Seems to work better - Cores still 61 - 34% at high level but no stuttering at DSD128 

DSD256 - No go - Stutters.

Nice EC modulators 

A bit more air/ stereo separation - extreme left and right sound images  better definition.

Great

1 hour ago, kelvinwsy said:

Hqplayer 4 Desktop runs DSD64 DSD5EC/DSD7EC/ASDM5EC/ASDM7EC no difference

Stutters when I go up to DSD128

Already set Turbo to manual; up the settings so 4.4 Ghz but the CPU goes to 61% and throttles - On playback - stuttering.

This is on friendly upsampling filters like the hb, lp etc!!!

I think my 6700k is not capable at too much Turbo mode.

So Back to HQPlayer 3.

Until my 9900ks machine is ordered and delivered.

You may need to use -2s filters or -ext2. Since it is only a quad core, unless you can offload filters to GPU. Remember to set Multicore DSP to grayed (auto).

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

You may need to use -2s filters or -ext2. Since it is only a quad core, unless you can offload filters to GPU. Remember to set Multicore DSP to grayed (auto).

I didn’t need to use -2s filters with my 6700k to achieve DSD256 with EC modulators. And that was without GPU. On Windows and Embedded. 

2 hours ago, craighartley said:

I didn’t need to use -2s filters with my 6700k to achieve DSD256 with EC modulators. And that was without GPU. On Windows and Embedded. 

Probably depends on what filters you are using. Or does it work with poly-sinc-xtr too? My 7700K is not in usable state at the moment.