IGNORED

HQ Player

7 hours ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

But when I looked at the HQPlayer Client, under the Album view, all the albums are always organized by the Path, no matter how I am sorting the database, either by Artist or by Title of Album, in HQPlayer Desktop.  Is there anyway I can arrange the Album view in HQPlayer Client based on the titles of the Album?

On HQPlayer Client, albums are sorted based on artist - album combination. At the moment this sorting cannot be changed. But if you are looking for something, metadata is searchable. Including things like format. For example if you want to look for 96/24 resolution albums, you can. Or if you want to find all DSD64 albums.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi All, this is my first post, but you all that has Intel processors. Install throttlestop. This is my laptop running dsd512 without problems. 

Disable all cstates, prochots, C1E, speedstep and speedsift to 0. Cheers from Finland.

12.JPG

On 5/5/2020 at 7:53 AM, Miska said:

OK, in that case the setting affects buffers on the NAA link.

My i9-9900K 27" iMac is certainly powerful, which also makes it loud under higher CPU loads. WIth ASDM7EC to DSD256 it sounds like hair dryer. With some other applications that create 100% load like building HQPlayer it sounds almost like a vacuum cleaner... :D Not an issue if the Mac is in a different room than audio system with NAA, but in the listening space it is not very practical. Just something to take into account if you are thinking about a Mac. While my 9900KS PC that has been built to be silent is pretty quiet even under extreme loads although it has 37W higher TDP.

Try this. Change this to 4 (Boot after change). EDIT. After you have installed Throttlestop. This will disable all c states. I havent seen computer wich doesnt run good without it, but still if you dont know what that mean dont try it. :D

xxx.JPG

Here's an example of my library if I search for "money":

Screenshot_2020-05-07_09-11-31.thumb.png.7396f88bfad9ec202fdbc769e287d4e0.png

These albums contain tracks that have "money" in the name, as you can see when you long-press an album:

Screenshot_2020-05-07_09-13-54.thumb.png.647102528a039ec1a31a8653d93488a4.png

If I want an album that contains both "money" and is in DSD format I can search for "+money +dsd":

Screenshot_2020-05-07_09-15-30.thumb.png.f430a98d4411f55657404a399418526e.png

IOW, search works in a similar way to internet search engines.

5 hours ago, blue2 said:

There's no 'Money' track on Meddle (cover shown). It's on DSOTM. Maybe it's a metadata problem?

No, it is the currently loaded album, the background is dimmed transparent, so cover image of the currently loaded album is visible through the background. I just happened to have Meddle loaded for playing. It is also visible in the first screenshot, but on the second the popup dialog covers it.

On the HQP client (Roon remote laptop), the matrix menu is on "default" while a matrix pipeline is checked "enabled" on HQP desktop (Roon server).
When, I select the same choice on HQP client ("enabled" on HQP Desk), I have an impression of an audio improvement ?

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

Aloha Jussi (or anyone)

I have HPQ 4.3.1.  I just got a 2020 Mac Mini with a multicore processor.  When I check multicore DSP in the HQP settings, no music is played.  I’m using the latest version of Roon with HPQ.  In fact, HQP crashes with the multicore DSP box checked.  When I restart and uncheck the multi-core DSP box, music plays like normal.

I’d like to utilize the quad core capacity of my Mac Mini for HQP.  How do I do that?

Or am I misunderstand something?

Thanks

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

I have HPQ 4.3.1.  I just got a 2020 Mac Mini with a multicore processor.  When I check multicore DSP in the HQP settings, no music is played.  I’m using the latest version of Roon with HPQ.  In fact, HQP crashes with the multicore DSP box checked.  When I restart and uncheck the multi-core DSP box, music plays like normal.

I’d like to utilize the quad core capacity of my Mac Mini for HQP.  How do I do that?

Set Multicore DSP to grayed (auto) and you should be fine. It is a tri-state check box.

It shouldn't crash with any setting though. But please update to latest 4.4.0.

27 minutes ago, Miska said:

Set Multicore DSP to grayed (auto) and you should be fine. It is a tri-state check box.

It shouldn't crash with any setting though. But please update to latest 4.4.0.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.  I get lost in the HQP update scheme as it never notifies me a need to update, and there's no "check for updates" feature that I can find.  Do I simply download the latest HQP Desktop from you website and toss my current version?

I get lost in the HQP update scheme as it never notifies me a need to update, and there's no "check for updates" feature that I can find.  Do I simply download the latest HQP Desktop from you website and toss my current version?

You can follow my Twitter or Facebook posts if you like to get notified. So it is opt-in. So yes, you just download and install the new version. On Windows, uninstall the previous version first (won't affect your settings). On macOS and Linux you can just install over the old version because package management deals with removing old left-overs and such.

And what about "adaptive output rate"?

It is described in the included PDF manual. Or is some more information needed?

41 minutes ago, Miska said:

You can follow my Twitter or Facebook posts if you like to get notified. So it is opt-in. So yes, you just download and install the new version. On Windows, uninstall the previous version first (won't affect your settings). On macOS and Linux you can just install over the old version because package management deals with removing old left-overs and such.

It is described in the included PDF manual. Or is some more information needed?

If possible, I prefer to just be told if I ought to engage adaptive output rate or not, and which tri version of the box to use.  Like the way you told me what to do with the multi-core DSP 😀.  

If possible, I prefer to just be told if I ought to engage adaptive output rate or not, and which tri version of the box to use.  Like the way you told me what to do with the multi-core DSP 😀.  

Answer to that is that it depends... If there would be single answer, there wouldn't be a configuration option in first place. All the available options have a meaning, where one simple rule cannot be applied always.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Answer to that is that it depends... If there would be single answer, there wouldn't be a configuration option in first place. All the available options have a meaning, where one simple rule cannot be applied always.

If I knew the answer, I wouldn't be asking you 😂

@miska I just saw the release notes for the new HQPlayer Embedded.  Do you have information you can share on the new sinc-S filter? 

Looking forward to trying it when it makes its way to HQPlayer Desktop!

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

9 hours ago, ray-dude said:

@miska I just saw the release notes for the new HQPlayer Embedded.  Do you have information you can share on the new sinc-S filter? 

It is basically same filter as sinc-M, but variable length like most other filters. Length is 4096 x conversion ratio. So it becomes 1M taps at x256 ratio (for example RedBook to DSD256). At DSD512 it is 2M taps and DSD1024 it is 4M taps. It is also much more convenient at PCM rate conversion especially when converting to rates like 352.8/384k and lower because it doesn't have excessive delay. It is still very steep.

Screenshot_2020-05-09_16-59-41.png.80304c3bba548e1a90baa746c178937f.png

Screenshot_2020-05-09_17-12-06.png.486d4f624903d85f44482a25af41a86b.png

Jussi, The new sinc-S filter is certainly interesting. I have tried it in PCM to 7xx with LNS-15. I will try it in DSD 256 soon and see if my machine will do it with ASDM7EC. It seems to have a different sound profile than what I had been using which is poly-sinc XTR mp (and 2s for DSD). Will listen more and report back.