IGNORED

HQ Player

My convolution files are not stored on my HQP Desktop machine but on a NAS. I tried to point at them from HQPLayer Destkop Matrix Pipeline GUI :

\\192.168.1.37\Musique\_HQP\filter.wav

.. but it doesn't work, no sound, music doen't start

The link is good and I can see my files at this very adress in Windows Explorer.

Is there a limitation that HQPlayer Dektop can only load filters that are locally stored ?

3 hours ago, alec_eiffel said:

My convolution files are not stored on my HQP Desktop machine but on a NAS. I tried to point at them from HQPLayer Destkop Matrix Pipeline GUI :

\\192.168.1.37\Musique\_HQP\filter.wav

.. but it doesn't work, no sound, music doen't start

The link is good and I can see my files at this very adress in Windows Explorer.

Is there a limitation that HQPlayer Dektop can only load filters that are locally stored ?

You could check HQPlayer log file if there are any related errors when you try to start playback. Or with latest HQPlayer you should get the last error on the main window status bar.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

You could check HQPlayer log file if there are any related errors when you try to start playback. Or with latest HQPlayer you should get the last error on the main window status bar.

Well I enabled log files. Playing from Roon --> nada. Also no log file. I closed HQPlayer Desktop, launched it again : bingo, it works (no change in my links to IRs). And also I have a logfile with no pb :) 

A bit weird but problem solved, thx!

1 hour ago, alec_eiffel said:

Well I enabled log files. Playing from Roon --> nada. Also no log file. I closed HQPlayer Desktop, launched it again : bingo, it works (no change in my links to IRs). And also I have a logfile with no pb :) 

A bit weird but problem solved, thx!

Note that for unmapped shares, if you local userid + password doesn't match with the remote one, and you haven't accessed the share through Windows File Explorer already, you may not be logged in to the server. HQPlayer cannot popup password prompt, so access would fail. This is not a problem for mapped shares that are configured to remain mapped across reboots.

If I load dsf and pcm files I can play pcm fine the when the next file dsf it plays fine. But not th3 other way around. Going to pcm from dsf it appears to play on the display , plus I see the lights blinking on my Rendu but no music plays. If I shut down Hqp then restart the pcm file plays fine. Problem with settings? I enable adaptive rate.

14 hours ago, Theobetley said:

If I load dsf and pcm files I can play pcm fine the when the next file dsf it plays fine. But not th3 other way around. Going to pcm from dsf it appears to play on the display , plus I see the lights blinking on my Rendu but no music plays. If I shut down Hqp then restart the pcm file plays fine. Problem with settings? I enable adaptive rate.

You could email me a log file of such happening, maybe it tells what is going wrong. I just tested with this combo and it works fine for me:

Screenshot_2020-03-22_14-18-20.thumb.png.8f5c8f9c063886906daeb6cb1d489b88.png

38 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

Tried it same result.

I believe that HQP just appends the latest session to the end of the existing log. Can you open the log file (text format) and check the date stamps, probably at the bottom of the file?

Or you can move the existing file to a new name (e.g. *.old) so that when you start up HQP a new log file is created, assuming you have the Log File box checked in settings.

3 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Jussi so to  fix my problem I select none in the   None/Dop in Settings dropdown box. But even though I save it keeps reverting back to DOP 

Please send me email with a screenshot of what you mean, let's not pollute this thread with too many posts about this.

@Miska

Could you please explain the "Change output stream start/stop handling" in 4.3.3 version? Thanks.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

I have a DSD128 capable dac over DoP and I would like to ask about the difference between the  44.1x128 option and the 48x128 Bitrate (limit) one. What is the difference between these two toggles? Thank you.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

hi ,   Miska  thank you  for your wonderfull HQP 4 very usefull  during these long days home 🙂

i was wondering if it would be possible in future update to have a separate bit rate setting for PCM TO DSD and DSD to DSD

as this wie could have 512fs with DSD when using 256 EC for PCM ...

stay home..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

1 minute ago, juanitox said:

hi ,   Miska  thank you  for your wonderfull HQP 4 very usefull  during these long days home 🙂

i was wondering if it would be possible in future update to have a separate bit rate setting for PCM TO DSD and DSD to DSD

stay home..

Totally agree on the HQP 4!  I miss the drop-down menus for selecting filters / modulators / output rate.

3 hours ago, juanitox said:

I kind of wonder why you wouldn't use the EC also for DSD?