IGNORED

HQ Player

12 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

as I wrote, I add to Library INSTEAD OF D&D

If I could have seen a database file inflating I guess I would have let the filings go on rather than aborting them after a few hours "in the black" with progression bar bouncing from left to right and vice versa ; guess it was all in RAM then and cleared off at reboot....

Sorry, my bad, I misread it...

Yes, all information is stored in RAM and only saved once you click "OK" in the dialog. Library dialog always shows complete contents of the current library.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

Sorry, my bad, I misread it...

Yes, all information is stored in RAM and only saved once you click "OK" in the dialog. Library dialog always shows complete contents of the current library.

Maybe it's very personal but I would appreciate to be able to build several libraries to break down the huge bulk. But, as I wrote earlier I can still browse Finder instead and then perform a Search in Client.

In Finder I have built : File under Classical, File under Jazz, File under Popular etc and then broke into Middle age, Renaissance, Baroque etc for Classical and inception decade for Jazz and Popular (ie Miles Davis is Inception 40's and that includes all albums till posthumous early 90's. 

I'd be happy to adopt a smarter break-down if offered one but, for sure, having one huge Library with only Search in Client won't allow me to find the download or rip I made  a few years ago based on this or that recommendation, that I overlooked and forgot about, but that puzzles me if I browse Finder and see an album I don't recall when browsing, say, Inception 2000's in Finder... Criteria may differ but what I mean is that huge bulk gathered under Library and then only sortable via Search in Client is good only if you want to access a well known track

1 hour ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

I would appreciate to be able to build several libraries to break down the huge bulk. But, as I wrote earlier I can still browse Finder instead and then perform a Search in Client.

In Finder I have built : File under Classical, File under Jazz, File under Popular etc and then broke into Middle age, Renaissance, Baroque etc for Classical and inception decade for Jazz and Popular

Try using Finder Tags rather than relying entirely on the folder hierarchy.  Tags have the advantage of facilitating multi-dimensional searches.  For example, a given track can be tagged as both Classical and Piano.

Of course, a true database permitting searching of multiple fields is even better.  That's why I use iTunes or Swinsian as a music database manager.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

8 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Try using Finder Tags rather than relying entirely on the folder hierarchy.  Tags have the advantage of facilitating multi-dimensional searches.  For example, a given track can be tagged as both Classical and Piano.

Of course, a true database permitting searching of multiple fields is even better.  That's why I use iTunes or Swinsian as a music database manager.

Thank you Bob, interestingly enough you don't mention Audirvana that you use. I have seen A users complaining but I quite liked it as a front to Embedded.

iTunes did not cope with DSD files last time I checked + I use HQP under Windows while living with macOS the rest of the time :makes tagging and ( use of aliases )moot

I'll have a better look to Swinsian

22 minutes ago, Ernie said:

I have been using version 3 and am now demo’ing version 4. Using ec modulator and upsampling to dsd 128 I hear a brief click before each track. Not present when using version 3.  Any ideas?

Have you tried upsampling to DSD with both versions, not using EC? In other words is the "clicking" issue related to DSD, or EC?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

3 minutes ago, k6davis said:

Have you tried upsampling to DSD with both versions, not using EC? In other words is the "clicking" issue related to DSD, or EC?

Even within version 4 clicks are only apparent when using ec. No other issues however, stuttering etc.

1 minute ago, Ernie said:

Even within version 4 clicks are only apparent when using ec. No other issues however, stuttering etc.

Strange. This may be one for @Miska. If you like, post what OS you're using, what CPU, what the CPU utilization is while you're using EC, what the source sample rate is, which EC modulator & sample rate you're upsampling to.

Those details may help him or anyone else resolve the issue.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

2 hours ago, Ernie said:

I have been using version 3 and am now demo’ing version 4. Using ec modulator and upsampling to dsd 128 I hear a brief click before each track. Not present when using version 3.  Any ideas?

So I am not the only one who has noticed the click? I hear one or two very faint 'clicks' when I hit play in Roon AND I am upsampling to DSD in Version 4 of HQPlayer. Does not happen when upsampling to PCM or when using Version 3 of HQPlayer. I have two independent installations of Version 4, different NAA and HQplayer 4.0 installs on different machines. Both systems exhibit the click in version 4.

1 minute ago, sledwards said:

So I am not the only one who has noticed the click? I hear one or two very faint 'clicks' when I hit play in Roon AND I am upsampling to DSD in Version 4 of HQPlayer. Does not happen when upsampling to PCM or when using Version 3 of HQPlayer. I have two independent installations of Version 4, different NAA and HQplayer 4.0 installs on different machines. Both systems exhibit the click in version 4.

As far as I can tell, it is much less prevalent or absent when not using the EC modulators.  Although I love them.

I'm getting no clicks at all. I'll be interested to find out what's causing them for you guys.

@Miska I started having the weirdest issue with HQP, and I'm not saying it is HQP but certainly something is weird. 

Settings are SDM and network with NAA. 

When playing from Roon it plays but at an accelerated rate, like a 33 rpm vinyl on 68 rpm, and Roon shows the PCM settings in HQP not the SDM. I have a video. 

Has anyone seen anything like it? Any thoughts? My system is server nuc with Audiolinux and HQPE and Roon server connected via network to an allo Bridge NAA which I haven't used in a month and just connected it today. 

Here is the link note settings etc and funky playing 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/purghw0q1928u0r/20190813_212720.mp4?dl=0

Since several of you are having problems with Roon, does Roon install updates automatically without alerting you?  If so, a Roon update may have changed the way Roon streams to HQP.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

22 minutes ago, luisma said:

@Miska I started having the weirdest issue with HQP, and I'm not saying it is HQP but certainly something is weird. 

Settings are SDM and network with NAA. 

When playing from Roon it plays but at an accelerated rate, like a 33 rpm vinyl on 68 rpm, and Roon shows the PCM settings in HQP not the SDM. I have a video. 

Has anyone seen anything like it? Any thoughts? My system is server nuc with Audiolinux and HQPE and Roon server connected via network to an allo Bridge NAA which I haven't used in a month and just connected it today. 

Here is the link note settings etc and funky playing 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/purghw0q1928u0r/20190813_212720.mp4?dl=0

Just replaced the allo Bridge by my Celeron Audiolinux NAA and it is back to normal. So something in the allo which runs networkaudiod is making roon / HQPE to play at that accelerated rate, huh go figure that wasn't happening 1 month ago with same server dac etc. Still curious as of what could that be