IGNORED

HQ Player

Newest updates to W10 professional: after update I can't run HQP - it fails on startup and windows "looks for a solution". The only way I can run HQP is to use system restore to go back before latest updates.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Just discovered I need to go 2 upates back to get HQP to work on W10. I am using HQP 3.16.1

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

On 10.5.2017 at 1:55 PM, Solstice380 said:

think you must chill out.  And maybe go back 50 years and learn some manners.  MS sux, and breaks all kinds of programs not just HQP.  Not much computer experience, it seems.

What sucks is your post...

Anscheinend bist Du ein Computer Nerd oder ein Hellseher. Ich habe schon mit Computer gespielt, da hast Du wo möglich noch im Sandkasten gebudelt. Was ich von Miska zitiert habe, warf nicht gerade ein gutes Licht auf ihn. Seine Behauptung, dass MS selbst davor warnt, dass Creator Update vorzeitig zu installieren, ist einfach falsch. Und ein Entwickler, der sich scheut seine Software auf den letzten verfügbaren Windows 10 Builds zu testen, scheint auch nicht auf der Höhe der Zeit zu sein. Aber das MS Bashing ist ja seit langen sehr beliebt. Das der HQPlayer 3.16.1 (x64) mit den letzten KB's nicht laufen würde, war seit Wochen bekannt. Ebenso war die mögliche Fehlerbeseitgung seitens MS Insidern bekannt.

Wolft

@wolft according to reports Damien has already fixed the crash on Creators Update.  Wasn't that fast enough for you?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, rickca said:

according to reports Damien has already fixed the crash on Creators Update.  Wasn't that fast enough for you?

fast...that's not my intention. I don't like MS bashing. the most mistakes in this computer area comes from the user oder from not good configured or programmed software.

wolft

47 minutes ago, firedog said:

Just discovered I need to go 2 upates back to get HQP to work on W10. I am using HQP 3.16.1

Miska put out a fix. 3.16.3

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

3 hours ago, bibo01 said:

Probably Miska will soon update the deamon for this too.

For the moment it would be good to get rid of the trouble MS update. 

networkaudiod is not affected by the problem because the problematic part doesn't exist there... If there's a problem, it is something totally different..

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Yesterday, once I saw HQPlayer crashing I followed the lead and uninstalled KB4019472.  HQPlayer worked.  Then I installed 3.16.3 and it continued to work.  I also added the registry fix for updates (found on same link as above). 

Then this morning I see that the damn KB4019472 was installed again (registry fix may not affect this update, dunno)!!  Didn't matter, HQplayer continues to work, and my NAA (WS2012R1) plays fine.  FYI.

16 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Yesterday, once I saw HQPlayer crashing I followed the lead and uninstalled KB4019472.  HQPlayer worked.  Then I installed 3.16.3 and it continued to work.  I also added the registry fix for updates (found on same link as above). 

Then this morning I see that the damn KB4019472 was installed again (registry fix may not affect this update, dunno)!!  Didn't matter, HQplayer continues to work, and my NAA (WS2012R1) plays fine.  FYI.

17 minutes ago, ted_b said:

So Ted couple of questions

1) what is kb4019472(a driver?)

2) what link above are you referring?

Theo,

1) KB4019472 is the security update to Win10 AU (i.e RS1, not CU's RS2).  CU has, instead, KB4016871 that is causing the issues.

2) The link is in Blue2's post a couple pages ago, but here it is again.  BTW, I use AO so many of the options mentioned in the article are not available to me.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

41 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Theo,

1) KB4019472 is the security update to Win10 AU (i.e RS1, not CU's RS2).  CU has, instead, KB4016871 that is causing the issues.

2) The link is in Blue2's post a couple pages ago, but here it is again.  BTW, I use AO so many of the options mentioned in the article are not available to me.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates/

42 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Theo,

Thanks Ted. 3.16.3 on an earlier w10 version did it for me

Thanks for telling me about 3.61.3.

I did get the HQP crash again after the update, but a reinstall of the HQP solved the problem.

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Thanks for telling me about 3.61.3.

I did get the HQP crash again after the update, but a reinstall of the HQP solved the problem.

Just for sanity sake, it's 3.16.3, not 3.61.3  :)

6 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Just for sanity sake, it's 3.16.3, not 3.61.3  :)

Oh, sorry, thanks for correcting  the typo, woudn't want to mess anyone up.

Hi, I'm using Server 2016 Core with AO 2.2 Beta5, Roon and HQPlayer. Today I updated HQPlayer to 3.16.3 and now when I play a series of tracks from different albums Roon stops one second before the end of the track and will not play the next track. If all of the tracks are from the same album even if they are out of sequence they do play one after the other. I  tried reverting back to 3.16.1 but it refuses to open.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

networkaudiod is not affected by the problem because the problematic part doesn't exist there... If there's a problem, it is something totally different..

Now it is explained: what happened on the NAA was that MS update installed a new network driver so NAA was not seen by HQPlayer PC. Once reinstalled the proper network driver, everything was fine.

I recently upgraded my Big 7 to DSD 512. While I was waiting I purchased a Ifi DAC2 and was upsampling to DSD256 with no problems with my quad core Mac mini. With the Lampizator back I can't seem to get 256 to work without constant drop outs.  I'm wondering if it as simple as a setting in HQplayer. Any thoughts or suggestions?

For me it is sometimes really hard to follow which release brings specific bug fixes and which improves software in general. 
I am running 3.16.1 and it is rather stable. What is in 3.16.3?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8