IGNORED

HQ Player

5 hours ago, Miska said:

What do you mean by this, which setting do you change and what do you expect to see at Spring vs what is it displaying?

It's most noticeable when changing from PCM to SDM or vice versa. Nothing plays and the display on the Spring keeps showing the format that was in use prior to the change. It also happens at times (not always) when I change sample rates. ie going from 192k to 96k. 

2 minutes ago, DMRR said:

It's most noticeable when changing from PCM to SDM or vice versa. Nothing plays and the display on the Spring keeps showing the format that was in use prior to the change.

HQPlayer will stop if there's an conflicting request or the requested combination of settings is not matching with the DAC capabilities.

2 minutes ago, DMRR said:

It also happens at times (not always) when I change sample rates. ie going from 192k to 96k. 

You mean that you change rate limit from 192k to 96k in HQPlayer settings and the output rate will still stay at 192k? Or something else?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer will stop if there's an conflicting request or the requested combination of settings is not matching with the DAC capabilities.

You mean that you change rate limit from 192k to 96k in HQPlayer settings and the output rate will still stay at 192k? Or something else?

Now I have nothing working. Screen grab attached – I’m doing a simple upscale. Well within the capabilities of everything in the signal chain. The settings look correct but there’s no output to the DAC. I’m lost here. The fact that the SOtM streamer is being seen by HQP, and that the NAA is activated in the streamer software (Eunhasu) should indicate that everything is seeing everything else. 

image.thumb.png.82e02aba66a9ce297b10fd620a5edf36.png

If I disable HQP in the audio settings page in Roon, the streamer appears as Roon Ready and plays fine when selected. When I add HQP into the audio page, and disable the streamer then there’s no output. The blue signal quality light comes on, but nothing else happens.

image.thumb.png.afeec03a62d1b827a3cd887afa8d0dfd.png

This was all working fine with my previous DAC - but the Holo Spring is more capablele across the board. Shouldn't be the problem. 

1 hour ago, DMRR said:

Now I have nothing working. Screen grab attached – I’m doing a simple upscale. Well within the capabilities of everything in the signal chain. The settings look correct but there’s no output to the DAC. I’m lost here. The fact that the SOtM streamer is being seen by HQP, and that the NAA is activated in the streamer software (Eunhasu) should indicate that everything is seeing everything else. 

image.thumb.png.82e02aba66a9ce297b10fd620a5edf36.png

If I disable HQP in the audio settings page in Roon, the streamer appears as Roon Ready and plays fine when selected. When I add HQP into the audio page, and disable the streamer then there’s no output. The blue signal quality light comes on, but nothing else happens.

image.thumb.png.afeec03a62d1b827a3cd887afa8d0dfd.png

This was all working fine with my previous DAC - but the Holo Spring is more capablele across the board. Shouldn't be the problem. 

In above settings you have all upsampling disabled, you are asking HQPlayer to output 48 kHz without any rate converter and your source is 44.1 kHz. So you are asking something that is not possible...

In addition "2wire" aka Dual-AES is not going to work with your DAC since it doesn't expose the needed 4 channels.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Bonjour

J'utilise Roon/Server avec Hqplayer intégré et j'utilise les paramètres pour suréchantillonner en DSD 256, actuellement les charges que j'utilise sont celles qui me donnent la meilleure musicalité sur mon système

y a-t-il des paramètres qui peuvent améliorer l'expérience d'écoute ?

Dop ?
48K ?
Tampon : 100 ?

I use as dac a Denafrips Pontus II

Merci pour votre réponse

cpasmoi

Paramétrage Hqplayer embarqué 1 sur 2.jpg

Paramétrage Hqplayer embarqué 2 sur 2.jpg

@Miska or anyone who knows...

I have HQPlayer 4 license that I've used on two of my home PC's without issues.

One has Windows one and has Ubuntu.

I've now set up a modest HIFI system at my summer cabin where I have M1 Mac Mini.

Will my original HQP4 license key work with MacOS as long as my home systems are not being used same time ?

Or will MacOS require new license ?

I tried to search for an answer as I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask this, but I just cant seem to find the answer...

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, kohmelo said:

Will my original HQP4 license key work with MacOS as long as my home systems are not being used same time ?

yes 

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

17 hours ago, cpasmoi said:

I use as dac a Denafrips Pontus II

Pontus 2 manages base 48 files
then some personal suggestions on how to configure embedded

Schermata 2022-05-30 alle 14.59.57.png

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

from the measurements made by Miska the dac Denafrips have a correct linearity around 18-20 bits and not 24 bits

Schermata 2022-05-30 alle 16.12.55.png

sistema:

39 minutes ago, pis99 said:

With the new update of HQPDCONTROL V4, I lost the ability to change HQplayer’s settings. Anyone experienced the same? 

8AB31ED0-9B8F-4D70-8E72-14D30D3B05FF.jpeg

6D83C6F9-F515-48E4-AB08-BFE8C92A1860.jpeg

I just checked, working fine here. Maybe a restart of your HQP machine and/or the phone is required.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, pis99 said:

With the new update of HQPDCONTROL V4, I lost the ability to change HQplayer’s settings. Anyone experienced the same? 

8AB31ED0-9B8F-4D70-8E72-14D30D3B05FF.jpeg

6D83C6F9-F515-48E4-AB08-BFE8C92A1860.jpeg

Yes I have the same issue on my iPad.  
rebooted and still the same.

I am on 4.30.0 embedded

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I just checked, working fine here. Maybe a restart of your HQP machine and/or the phone is required.

Thank you AudioDoctor,

I rebooted everything including router with no avail. My other embedded works just fine. Have no clues what happened.

Just installed a new Linux partition and wanted to install HQPlayer with the AUR package (as it's an Arch-based distribution). HQPlayer won't download.  Thought I'd mention it in case you want to check anything on your end.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.