IGNORED

HQ Player

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

On Ubuntu 22.04? What are you running on NAA?

I have also updated default settings. So if something is coming out of default values, those may be different. But if configurations have been stored in HQPlayer earlier and not reset on the update, then those don't change as result of update.

Yes, CUDA 11.7 came out meanwhile and it is first version to support Jammy.

Windows sending audio to Pi 4 64bit NAA

30 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

Windows sending audio to Pi 4 64bit NAA

Windows version was still built with CUDA 11.6 just like the Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora releases built at the same time.

NAA is running the NAA OS image?

So the HQPlayer update from 4.18.1 to 4.19 caused this but downgrading didn't make change back? Did I get the problem right?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Just now, Miska said:

Windows version was still built with CUDA 11.6 just like the Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora releases built at the same time.

NAA is running the NAA OS image?

So the HQPlayer update from 4.18.1 to 4.19 caused this but downgrading didn't make change back? Did I get the problem right?

Could there be an issue there?

No NAA on DietPi

1 minute ago, privacyguy123 said:

Could there be an issue there?

I'm trying to figure out what could be the issue. But based on this information I don't have an idea what it could be.

1 minute ago, privacyguy123 said:

No NAA on DietPi

OK, something I don't have experience with. But if there were no changes there, it naturally shouldn't change anything. And for the record, there are no changes in the HQPlayer's NAA code (last change there is from October 2021).

4 hours ago, sledwards said:

Does the jammy version of embedded (hqplayerd_4.32.0-134avx2_amd64.deb) require Rocm to function with CUDA?

This initial release does not include ROCm (Jammy not supported yet, even no pgp sign data) so it's not required for HQPe installation.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jud said:

wondering if there's a [phone app] that works to control HQPlayer when using the Client to stream Qobuz tracks.

Hi, @Jud.  If you have an iPad, you might be able to install the HQP Client using the open source emulation software UTM:

https://getutm.app

UTM also is available from the AltStore:

https://altstore.io

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Heh, in one of those heel-of-the-hand-to-forehead moments, I realized my M1 Max MacBook Pro would work just fine, and it already has the HQPlayer Client installed. 😃

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Just done my initial testing for Ubuntu Server 22.04 "Jammy Jellyfish" with HQPlayer Embedded 4.32. Good news is ASDM7ECv2 finally usable for DSD1024. My current listening combo is 1x gauss-long / Nx gauss with ASDM7ECv2 and fixed rate to 45MHz. 

All P-cores fixed at 5.3GHz and ring fixed at 4.4GHz.

44.1 -> gauss-long + ASDM7ECv2 -> DSD1024

1109318094_Image2022-5-14at12_53AM.thumb.jpg.8685e98f8c1b71c5c42b76d4f7fce12c.jpg

192 -> gauss + ASDM7ECv2 -> DSD1024

1136227775_Image2022-5-14at12_35AM.thumb.jpg.fce089d1118a482d3ebe6988678e0486.jpg

Performance result

1427329933_Image2022-5-14at12_29AM.thumb.jpg.4ef5f2f3d30a11d626a225c56d98ba69.jpg

BTW I personally still don't think 12900KS would help. Wait for 13th gen i9 is more practical.

Do you enter all that data into a spreadsheet manually?

No electron left behind.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Sorry was tired when replying to this and missed this part - yes that sums it up, upgrading introduced the bug for me, but downgrading back keeps the bug.

5 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

Today problem seems to be isolated to just audio skipping instead of the pops/crackles.

I would say some setting has changed when the problem started.

Or some network issue has appeared, unrelated to the HQPlayer update. (some Windows update or hardware change)

18 minutes ago, Miska said:

I would say some setting has changed when the problem started.

Or some network issue has appeared, unrelated to the HQPlayer update. (some Windows update or hardware change)

The only change is CUDA updating some drivers AFAIK ... I run LTSC for this very reason, no random updates that come in and break everything.

EDIT: Right as I type this HQPlayer loses connection with NAA randomly - this has not been happening before 4.19.0 :/

The only change is CUDA updating some drivers AFAIK ... I run LTSC for this very reason, no random updates that come in and break everything.

Are  you installing entire CUDA toolkit for some reason? For HQPlayer you just need latest Nvidia display drivers, nothing else.

EDIT: Right as I type this HQPlayer loses connection with NAA randomly - this has not been happening before 4.19.0 :/

I would say this is not related to HQPlayer update, but something else. Maybe on the network side.

30 minutes ago, Miska said:

Are  you installing entire CUDA toolkit for some reason? For HQPlayer you just need latest Nvidia display drivers, nothing else.

I would say this is not related to HQPlayer update, but something else. Maybe on the network side.

Yes - I use it for other reasons. This is the only change to my system recently which is why I point the issue toward new HQPlayer version.

EDIT: I suppose there is a chance there is a bug with 516 NVIDIA driver when 512 is recommended for my system, CUDA overwrites this with a newer one.

EDIT2: Now my Windows PC is being kicked off NAA and not recognising it exists in the options ... their must be a log somewhere showing wtf is going on?

26 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

Yes - I use it for other reasons. This is the only change to my system recently which is why I point the issue toward new HQPlayer version.

How long does it take for problems to appear?

I'm playing internet radio at the moment, on my Windows 11 development laptop, to a NAA (fitlet2 -> iFi NEO iDSD) without any issues. And this is over WiFi6. GPU is RTX3060 mobile version.

333638078_Screenshot2022-05-14144642.thumb.png.ead4264c0f0f2b8d411ee66e7d2193c7.png

EDIT: I suppose there is a chance there is a bug with 516 NVIDIA driver when 512 is recommended for my system, CUDA overwrites this with a newer one.

I'm still on older driver and CUDA, but get a strange error though:

1231645188_Screenshot2022-05-14145311.thumb.png.6fc33c0b1977c65114b0905a1fb1ee90.png

EDIT2: Now my Windows PC is being kicked off NAA and not recognising it exists in the options ... their must be a long somewhere showing wtf is going on?

Sounds even more like a network problem. Do you have a log file enabled in HQPlayer settings? If not, please enable it and restart HQPlayer. You can then find HQPlayer4Desktop.log in %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer

On 5/10/2022 at 6:45 AM, Jud said:

Hi Miska, sorry to be vague: Specifically, a phone app allowing Qobuz albums and tracks to be selected and played remotely.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:59 AM, Miska said:

mConnect Player or BubbleUPnP to HQPlayer Embedded?

Client is designed for a bit bigger screens, so it works nicely only on tablets and larger. I'm running it for example on Microsoft Surface.

I took the Jammy build as an opportunity to install Embedded. Worked nicely (as expected), no messages about missing dependencies.

For some reason mConnect Player+BubblUPnP works when hqplayerd is using ALSA, but not network audio. Linn Kazoo+BubbleUPnP works with both.

So I can use my phone as a remote to play Qobuz through HQPlayer in Jammy. A bit of a kludge using a separate iPhone remote app for local files, but if I want a unified remote I can run Client from my laptop.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

From HQP Embedded 4.31 to 4.32 High frequencies became more hot and less silky as I was hearing to them on 4.31

Is anyone experiencing the same ?

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26