IGNORED

HQ Player

I got the new JL image working in 22.04 but now when I try to start HQP I get an error.  it looks like the rocm key is depreciated and 22.04 will not open HQP (4.19 jammy version).  I upgrade to 22.04 by updating 20.04 to 21.1 then 21.1 to 22.04.  All other dependencies for HQP are installed.  Any idea on how to fix this "depreciated key".

1781231942_Ubuntukeyerror.thumb.jpg.2e2128863e8b20b4b379df697fe43c82.jpg

1 hour ago, Quadman said:

I got the new JL image working in 22.04 but now when I try to start HQP I get an error.  it looks like the rocm key is depreciated and 22.04 will not open HQP (4.19 jammy version).  I upgrade to 22.04 by updating 20.04 to 21.1 then 21.1 to 22.04.  All other dependencies for HQP are installed.  Any idea on how to fix this "depreciated key".

1781231942_Ubuntukeyerror.thumb.jpg.2e2128863e8b20b4b379df697fe43c82.jpg

That is not the reason. Jammy build doesn't even need ROCm. So the problem is something else. If you try to run "hqplayerd" from command line, what kind of error do you get?

I went just straight from 20.04 to 22.04 with "do-release-upgrade -d".

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Quadman said:

Are any of the other dependencies required for jammy such as libnuma, gnupg2, libgmpris

I didn't rebuild libgmpris for jammy, but actually I should...

libnuma is not used by HQPlayer nor gnupg2 (it is used by dpkg though). The package itself has all the needed dependency pointers.

9 minutes ago, ckpiv said:

Is there any problems running HQPlayer under Fedora 36 or should I just stay on 35?

I would recommend to wait for official Fedora 36 build before upgrading.

Nvidia doesn't have official support for Fedora 36 yet. Once it is there, I will move on to 36.

@Miska here's the error message I get when starting hqp desktop via terminal.  Looks the same as @ericuco posted.  I had uninstalled 4.19 jammy and reinstalled and still won't open.IMG20220517131806.thumb.jpg.6556507dbbba030d2c145f58e64fa9a1.jpg

I just re-downloaded jammy 4.19, uninstalled old 4.19 and installed this fresh jammy 4.19.  I get the exact same error message as above, again.

1 hour ago, Quadman said:

@Miska here's the error message I get when starting hqp desktop via terminal.  Looks the same as @ericuco posted.  I had

I just re-downloaded jammy 4.19, uninstalled old 4.19 and installed this fresh jammy 4.19.  I get the exact same error message as above, again.

Build 90 still gives you that error after running "apt install -f"?

so I went back and found a newer HQP jammy image, .90 and downloaded that and success, HQP desktop opened.  I even updated libgmpris to 2.2.1-10.  Now HQP client 4 will not open I get this very long error message.image.thumb.png.6708f55e0dfc4007e86b7436da70bbf5.png

Even after using apt install -f I still get the same error message trying to open client, ugh.

33 minutes ago, Quadman said:

so I went back and found a newer HQP jammy image, .90 and downloaded that and success, HQP desktop opened.  I even updated libgmpris to 2.2.1-10.  Now HQP client 4 will not open I get this very long error message.

It's a bug in Ubuntu 22.04. Do this:

sudo su -
cd /
ln -s usr/share share

Thanks for this latest Jammy build, Jussi and the associated command tweaks. It's the first time that an AVX2 build has worked on my Skylake machine and the first time in a while that Client has worked too! I'll stay with long term Ubuntu releases in future!

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Miska said:

That is really strange. Since it shouldn't be related in any shape or form. Maybe log file would tell...

On 5/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Jud said:

I'll have a look at a log file in a day or two. Even stranger is that something happens to the network when mConnect Player is used, because after it fails, Linn Kazoo won't work with network audio until I restart hqplayerd.

Still happening.  Log file attached.

hqplayerd.log

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not sure if this existed in any version before latest.

It seems with 20khz filter on (which now saves its state I noticed?) HQPlayer will crash for me on if attempting to restart playback to NAA (if program was closed or stopped for some reason) - with 20khz filter boxed not ticked this doesn't seem to happen.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

In this log, I see normal playback start and then pause request. Nothing special.

mConnect Player reports a device error, so perhaps the request isn't even getting to the log, or just shows as a pause.

I'm assuming no one else is getting a similar error?

One thing I may try is switching DACs to see if that makes any difference, though I don't know why it would.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

15 hours ago, Jud said:

mConnect Player reports a device error, so perhaps the request isn't even getting to the log, or just shows as a pause.

I'm assuming no one else is getting a similar error?

One thing I may try is switching DACs to see if that makes any difference, though I don't know why it would.

Log doesn't tell all, but it could be related to some network issue on the way how the media is redirected.

You don't have a multi-homed setup on the HQPlayer computer by any chance?

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Shouldn't be. Will make certain the internal WiFi adapter in the computer is disabled and only optical Ethernet is being used. But Linn Kazoo always works, so....

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Log doesn't tell all, but it could be related to some network issue on the way how the media is redirected.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

Shouldn't be. Will make certain the internal WiFi adapter in the computer is disabled and only optical Ethernet is being used. But Linn Kazoo always works, so....

It works now.

I made sure the WiFi adapter was disabled; also ensured NAA was enabled on the microRendu, restarted hqplayerd after doing so, and made sure it was configured to use network audio; and finally, made sure Kazoo had released playback before trying mConnect Player.  One of these (I think it may have been one of the latter two, perhaps the last one) did the trick.

Been using HQPlayer for a couple years now and enjoy the improvements with each update. With 4.19 I was able to do PCM (44 & 96) to DSD 512 with asdm7ec2, Gaussxla for superb sound for a couple days with no drop outs (10850k with no GPU with RAM OC to 3600, win10, USB connected to DAC)--but they slowly started to creep in. Then I couldn't do gauss long without sporadic dropouts and finally had to do just gauss for no dropouts. I tried OC of all cores at 50 Mhz which was less dropouts but the temps at CPU started going over 90 so I didn't like it. I remembered Jussi mentioning the newest CPUs have more cache for improved performance with HQP. Well the 10820K has 20mb--pretty good and wondered if clearing the cache in W10 DISK Cleanup might help. This is a dedicated machine with minimal internet searching so the cleanup was only 2.5mb of software downloads and 26mb of thumbnails. Well I'll be damned--it worked, back to 512, asdm7ec2, gauss xla with no dropouts. Hopefully this information can be used by Jussi to help us keep cache clear so it can be maximized by our music servers for best performance. Anyone else give this a try?

Chris H.

20 hours ago, CJH said:

Been using HQPlayer for a couple years now and enjoy the improvements with each update. With 4.19 I was able to do PCM (44 & 96) to DSD 512 with asdm7ec2, Gaussxla for superb sound for a couple days with no drop outs (10850k with no GPU with RAM OC to 3600, win10, USB connected to DAC)--but they slowly started to creep in. Then I couldn't do gauss long without sporadic dropouts and finally had to do just gauss for no dropouts. I tried OC of all cores at 50 Mhz which was less dropouts but the temps at CPU started going over 90 so I didn't like it. I remembered Jussi mentioning the newest CPUs have more cache for improved performance with HQP. Well the 10820K has 20mb--pretty good and wondered if clearing the cache in W10 DISK Cleanup might help. This is a dedicated machine with minimal internet searching so the cleanup was only 2.5mb of software downloads and 26mb of thumbnails. Well I'll be damned--it worked, back to 512, asdm7ec2, gauss xla with no dropouts. Hopefully this information can be used by Jussi to help us keep cache clear so it can be maximized by our music servers for best performance. Anyone else give this a try?

Chris H.

Latest version on Signalyst.com is 4.19.0...is there another one available subsequently? Thanks.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

8 hours ago, Mark Labbett said:

That is an I not a 1

Yes it is, thanks for correcting my error. Happy with 4.19.0 I must say!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi