IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

8 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

There might be some reasons not clear from our side. ACT make some really great recordings. Many in fact.

Agree, it is probably some legal issues, I actualally doubt it is the music. 

If ACT really refuse to do another Alboran recording for purely musical reasons I really would seriously question their judgment. 

Yes indeed it’s a golden era. I’m just off to see The Bad Plus who really question what a trio is capable of. 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 9:57 PM, alsterfan said:

I once again contacted Paolo (Alboran Trio). And this is what he answered:

"We would like to try to see if Manfred Eicher of the ECM was interested...Otherwise we will try other labels."

So there still is some reason to believe, that a new release might surface some time.

Regards,

Uwe

On 6/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, sphinxsix said:

It'd be great to hear them on ECM! 

tell them about trptk or Sound Liaison

if they have Kohashi they could have them too...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Kjetil Mulelid Trio: Not Nearly Enough To Buy A House (2017) - new name for me, like the album a lot.

Thanks for this. I appreciate reading about albums that I haven't heard yet. I'm sure that it’s just me, but I'm completely uninterested in posts about old records that I've been listening to for 40 or 50 years.

41 minutes ago, ronfint said:

I'm sure that it’s just me, but I'm completely uninterested in posts about old records that I've been listening to for 40 or 50 years.

I'm cool with both kinds of posts. I'm constantly discovering music that I should have been listening to for the last 40 or 50 years.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 6 months later...