IGNORED

Are we living in the Golden Age of the Jazz Piano Trio?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Best of Play Bach from Jacques Loussier Trio, in DSD64, is one of my reference albums for checking the system. Beautiful music, great recording, all good.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

8 hours ago, Matias said:

The Best of Play Bach from Jacques Loussier Trio, in DSD64, is one of my reference albums for checking the system. Beautiful music, great recording, all good.

I only have the CD version of the same album and I agree it's a very well recorded album with a fantastic performance. Jacques seemed to play the piano with such ease. Both the drummer and the bass player are excellent too.  Brilliant to watch and listen to their live performances.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Elmo Hope has some outstanding tracks in a trio setting, which are available here, for example:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/complete-studio-recordings-the-master-takes-mw0001082570

Jan Evensmo just published a "solography" here: http://www.jazzarcheology.com/elmo-hope/ in which he concludes:

"Dare I, somewhat un-solography-like, say that I find Elmo Hope more exciting and unpredictable than his better known friend Thelonious Monk? Note also that although he never achieved in life the popular and commercial success he deserved, any CD with Elmo Hope has liner notesfull of awe for the music of this magnificent composer and pianist". I would tend to agree !

Check out this track:

This sounds just as fresh as anything done today. Why settle for less ?

1 hour ago, alsterfan said:

For all of you who have been sad about Alboran Trio´s silence (see my post from April 30, 2019) here is a very good message I just got from Paolo Paliaga:

They have released a new CD "Islands"!

You can already enjoy it on Spotify: https://pirames.lnk.to/Islands

All the best,

Uwe

Thanks Uwe. Just found it. It’s also available on Qobuz. 

• 1 month later...

I contacted Alboran Trio on Facebook and they sold me the new album Islands in 24/96 if anyone else is interested.

I asked for the previous 2 albums in high-res but they don't have it now, working on it I suppose.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

23 hours ago, Matias said:

I contacted Alboran Trio on Facebook and they sold me the new album Islands in 24/96 if anyone else is interested.

I asked for the previous 2 albums in high-res but they don't have it now, working on it I suppose.

I'd be interested. Qobuz only sells 16/44.

14 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I'd be interested. Qobuz only sells 16/44.

I contacted them by sending a message here:

https://www.facebook.com/infoalborantrio

Cost was 15 euros sent by PayPal, and he sent me the 24/96 wave files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...