IGNORED

Computer Audio Design OSX Audio Optimization Script

remember having seen, time ago, something alike but can't remember where either :(

I'm pretty sure, though, it was at least one year ago: meaning *before Yosemite*

and these scripts are quite a lot OS version specific so...

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.4 and Maverick 10.9.5 and it seems to work on both computers.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Luckily, I found it on another drive, it's called: MacOSX_Optimization_Setup

That is from Sonic Studio (Amarra): Sonic Studio Amarra Hifi High Resolution Music Player and Professional Audio For Mastering Systems :

How To Streamline Your Apple Mac Computer

Download and run this handy Mac OSX Optimization Apple Script:

Sonic Studio has prepared a special application to make optimizing your Mac for music playback easy. The Mac OSX Optimization Setup application will disable un-necessary processes that affect your music computer's performance.

Download MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.app

1. Quit all Applications
  2. Locate and double click on 'MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.zip' to unpack this app.
  3. Double click on MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.app and this window appears:

MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.png

• We recommend selecting 'Disable All' for best performance, however you may select only the items you want to disable from the list.

To re-enable features you have disabled, launch MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.app and select the items you want to enable.

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

That is from Sonic Studio (Amarra): Sonic Studio Amarra Hifi High Resolution Music Player and Professional Audio For Mastering Systems :

Sonic Studio has prepared a special application to make optimizing your Mac for music playback easy. The Mac OSX Optimization Setup application will disable un-necessary processes that affect your music computer's performance.

1. Quit all Applications
  2. Locate and double click on 'MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.zip' to unpack this app.

• We recommend selecting 'Disable All' for best performance, however you may select only the items you want to disable from the list.

To re-enable features you have disabled, launch MacOSX_Optimization_Setup.app and select the items you want to enable.

Glad to see other companies are starting to join in!

Scott

www.computeraudiodesign.com

CAD 1543 MKII DAC, CAD Audio Transport (CAT)

The CAD USB I and II Cables - 30 day money back guarantee

The CAD GC1 Ground Control is now in production

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just moved my music from a USB HDD to a WD NAS but after I ran the CAD script V1.3 on OS 10.9.5 I can't find it on the network.

Does anyone know which line of the script I should disable?

Thanks,

Ric

P.S.: the NAS is connected directly to the MBP with an ethernet cable and is working perfectly without the script.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Which one to disable?

MacMini (late 2010 w/ 4 gb @ 10.9.5) dedicated to digital music (hi-res @24/96 FLAC & lossless @16/44.1) via Audirvana+ 1.5.12 * thru AQ Carbon USB to MF V-Link 192 to MF M1 DAC via Mogami Gold AES (XLR) * out to Sennheiser HD800 driven by Burson Audio HA-160 OR (when wife not home!) out to Paradigm Studio 60s driven by Golden Tree Audio SE-40 tube stereo amp * MacBook (lossey @iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV + general computing) * MacBook Pro (late 2011) @ripping/tagging DVD-Audio + Blu ray Audio & for travel via Fiio E-17 * iPhone5 64gb w/ FLAC player

With El Capitan being released tomorrow, will we see an updated version of the script?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

The script need to be updated for El-Cap.

identityservicesd takes a lot of CPU time. I get messages like this multiple times every second:

2015-10-06 18:10:56,486 callservicesd[239]: [Warning] IMLocalObject: Could not create server for listener: <IMDaemonListener: 0x7fc7ea819860>

2015-10-06 18:10:25,802 callservicesd[239]: [Warning] Failed to launch and connect to daemon

2015-10-06 18:11:42,254 soagent[230]: [Warning] Failed IMDRequestPortConnection, no reply

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Does anyone know how El Capitan's new "rootless mode" (for increased security) impacts the ability of 3rd party scripts to disable services?

Briefly, you cannot change a file in /System/Library, /usr, /bin, /sbin, and the Apple-provided applications in /Applications.

You can however unload launchd items, which roughly corresponds to the windows notion of "services".

OS X 10.11 El Capitan: The Ars Technica Review | Ars Technica

Briefly, you cannot change a file in /System/Library, /usr, /bin, /sbin, and the Apple-provided applications in /Applications.

You can however unload launchd items, which roughly corresponds to the windows notion of "services".

OS X 10.11 El Capitan: The Ars Technica Review | Ars Technica

Does this mean that we cannot use the osx optimizations?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

No.

The "defaults write" commands should all still work (providing they haven't changed the launchd files). If you want to alter or delete system files, you would have to reboot into recovery mode and turn off SIP. I can't remember if there is anything in those scripts that would try to do that, but they will just fail (silently, since they mask all the output by sending it to /dev/null ) if you leave SIP enabled (and you probably should).

No.

The "defaults write" commands should all still work (providing they haven't changed the launchd files). If you want to alter or delete system files, you would have to reboot into recovery mode and turn off SIP. I can't remember if there is anything in those scripts that would try to do that, but they will just fail (silently, since they mask all the output by sending it to /dev/null ) if you leave SIP enabled (and you probably should).

Got it. I tested line by line of my script and you're correct, it all works. The one thing that doesn't work anymore is the permissions repair, but diskutil doesn't do tha no mo. Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I ran the script on clean 10.11 installation on a SD card (mac mini).

I chose not to do the last two steps: launch daemons and startup items. When I did I had issues (post #585).

I now have 157 processes and only a handful that shows any activity in the Activity control app.

SQ seems to be a step up from 10.10. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Same as Freann. Works great with 10.11 on a 32 gb SD card. Had some lag on Yosemite but much better now. The script is set with wifi on and launch/startup set to off. I have 167 processes, 10 more than Freann. Could this be because of the wifi?

• 1 month later...

Miguilito - Sorry if I've missed the bleedin' obvious, but are you still using the original script you made? (Was it for Mavericks?)

I preferred it to the CAD script, mos'def.

I've just got home after time in Europe and enjoying the sound from El Captain naked.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Does anyone know if this script will work with ElCapitan? If not, what prior OSX should be used? I'm running a 2011 Mac Mini using ElCapitan and Audirvana. But, since the Mac is strictly a music server, I don't mind "downgrading" to a prior OSX. BTW, is this script still being developed? Thank you.

1. Quit all Applications

Link is dead

Miguilito - Sorry if I've missed the bleedin' obvious, but are you still using the original script you made? (Was it for Mavericks?)

I preferred it to the CAD script, mos'def.

I've just got home after time in Europe and enjoying the sound from El Captain naked.

Hi odelay, hi Miguilito,

Where can I download or copy the original script?

I want to try it with my system.

Thanks in advance,

Frans