IGNORED

Computer Audio Design OSX Audio Optimization Script

Indeed. The SDCard mage creation took forever, so I went to sleep, knackered.

It's up and running! I get a nice HD desktop on the HDTV, but no sound through HDMI worked (doesn't really matter).

The thing is, the Raspi has a combined Ethernet and USB unit, so I think this is where some of the issues may occur.

Now trying to get connected to the net so that I can go further and install the HQPlayer software on it.

Not too sure how to proceed here: I have seen the install instructions as a list of images - I should be okay with that and there's a Raspi sub-directory in the downloads section, so I gather this is the file I need to install.

As for net access, the Raspi has no Wi-Fi, so Ethernet it is. I have taken my hacked Linksys router out of storage. It works as a Wi-Fi bridge to the iMac router, so the Raspi is now connected to it.

If all goes well I may test in in 44.1kHz and see up to where it goes.

If not, I can always dabble with Wolfram Language (yup yup yup)!

I sure want to know your findings but it might time to stop for today !

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Not much I can do for now with the Mac OS and Raspi: the Mac will do only CoreAudio and ASIO, but the Raspi ALSA, so unless I get to install Linux, I can't go much further for now.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 3 months later...

When (if) this CAD optimization script will be available for Yosemite?

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Hi Vitor,

So far only Scott from CAD and the people around him would have an answer. That is why Jolida, Le Concombre Masqué, Superdad and myself have given some information on how to manage some of the tasks the CAD-Mavericks script is aiming at.

Regards,

Uwe

Literally any day now. Damian is doing some final testing and I think it is ready.

Best Regards,

Scott

www.computeraudiodesign.com

CAD 1543 MKII DAC, CAD Audio Transport (CAT)

The CAD USB I and II Cables - 30 day money back guarantee

The CAD GC1 Ground Control is now in production

Good news then, thanks!

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

That is great news. As a lot of you know, I have been too busy to move to Yosemite at all (though I have been collecting all the slimming commands that Uwe, Le Concombre, and everyone has been posting). But fully tested script--hopefully incorporating some of the things that have been posted--will save me a world of time.

So good luck Scott and Damian--and many thanks in advance!

--Alex C.

Literally any day now. Damian is doing some final testing and I think it is ready.

Best Regards,

Scott

Great! Looking forward to it!

(In the meantime, using Amarra's/Sonic Solutions' script for Yosemite, even though listening with Daniel Hertz MasterClass, already a noticeable improvement.)

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Great! Looking forward to it!

(In the meantime, using Amarra's/Sonic Solutions' script for Yosemite, even though listening with Daniel Hertz MasterClass, already a noticeable improvement.)

The Yosemite script is done, but Damian has just gone on a well deserved holiday. As soon as he is back the new Computer Audio Design Yosemite script will be released - for FREE once again. Less than a week.

Best Regards,

Scott

www.computeraudiodesign.com

CAD 1543 MKII DAC, CAD Audio Transport (CAT)

The CAD USB I and II Cables - 30 day money back guarantee

The CAD GC1 Ground Control is now in production

Capture d’écran 2015-03-31 à 09.03.00.jpgyes and no as far as I'm concerned : yes I'm curious to read the script and maybe think about this and that but I'm careful about criping the system. If you check for actual working processes in Activity Monitor you'll find that a thicket of them are used, for seconds, and that it is very quiet while listening to music. Nevertheless, some trims are positive and you'll find mines somewhere, in the optimizing from scratch thread I think
eagerly waiting waiting waiting...

i considered those tricks as complement to what I have previously posted :

CAD :

defaults write -g NSDisableAutomaticTermination -bool YES

defaults write com.apple.finder AnimateWindowZoom -bool false

defaults write com.apple.finder DisableAllAnimations -bool true

defaults write com.apple.systemsound "com.apple.sound.uiaudio.enabled" -int 0

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.accountsd.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AirPlayUIAgent.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.usernoted.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.tccd.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.xpc.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.spindump_agent.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.quicklook.32bit.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.quicklook.config.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.quicklook.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.quicklook.ui.helper.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.printtool.agent.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.printuitool.agent.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.pbs.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.locationmenu.plist

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.distnoted.xpc.agent.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.warmd.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.wdhelper.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.secd.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.revisiond.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.sandboxd.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.printtool.daemon.plist

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist

I checked databases, thought and finally dropped a few lines in TErminal and got this (watch Terminal window) ; about half of what I tried did not work (10.10.3) but did not harm either. In fact, probably just because I was 15 more minutes further in my awakening process, doubt 3 extra killed processes make a difference, I found the SQ improved :Capture d’écran 2015-04-16 à 07.55.20.jpg

tahnks and kudos to Scott & Damian @CAD since this complement my previous efforts

I'm sorry to advise against the script

suffice you drop (part of the script):

and you're in trouble with ReportCrash going berserk

here's my updated Y tweaking scheme (not sure the CAD stuff at the end brought anything good but haven't found what's left of it to be harmful either so far ; the rest is approved for weeks):Nouvelles actions TerminalCADedit.rtfd.zip

I'm sorry to advise against the script

suffice you drop (part of the script):

and you're in trouble with ReportCrash going berserk

here's my updated Y tweaking scheme (not sure the CAD stuff at the end brought anything good but haven't found what's left of it to be harmful either so far ; the rest is approved for weeks):[ATTACH]18016[/ATTACH]

Meaning if used as is, without dropping any part of it, nor adding anything, that the new CAD script works trouble-free?