IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Thanks for that - wondered why I couldn't see a AO process running ......

Hi hillbear, I am no expert but maybe I can help. A lot of what you want is in the manual.

You can run AO at any time to try out other SS and DF settings and don't need to set anything other than

- ControlPC/AudioPC/SinglePC

- mode (advanced/express/Ultimate)

- sound signature and digital filter

Then you either exit, start over or continue to change the rest of the settings.

AO applies the settings to the bios and windows registry as you go along. When you finish it's no longer running a program but the settings will persist. You don't need to run it each time you reboot.

You can see the settings you made listed in the AO_Settings.log (in the AO folder) if you ran AO with the -L switch. The manual has the list of AO switches (p40) and the ST settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi all

in my complex two pc system Hqplayer + NAA based ( all musical files are 16/44,1 upsampled to DSD 128), Win server 2012R2 in core mode+AO on both PC (set like single PC with network), jplay on NAA, Ramdisk on both, all feeded by linear PSU Belleson-based, with a no-dac (JLSounds I2S over USB interface with only a first order Low pass filter on DSD output) I've achieved a great sound quality and everything works very well.

I'm now trying new Windows server 10 Technical Preview 2 using also the new beta 10 of AO but I can't see the KS activated in core mode. It's a pity because the sound of new Win Server seems to me clearly better than the previous 2012 R2 also setting Jplay in classic ( Xstream can't work without KS). Someone has solved this problem yet?

I've got an odd situation. I have a 2 pc system with Jplay. I use the main ethernet port of control PC and audio PC for Jplay. On my control PC I use a USB3 to Ethernet adapter to connect to my home network via a wireless bridge. In Core Mode without using audiophile_optimizer.exe my network connection drops every few hours. I cannot ping my control PC and the indicator lights on the USB to Ethernet adapter stops flashing. The only way I can re-establish a connection is to unplug and replug the adapter from the usb port. When I use service_tool.exe to put my control pc back into Gui Mode (again without using audiophile_optimizer.exe), the problem seems to go away.

Does anyone know what may be happening in core mode that could make my usb to ethernet adapter stop working after a few hours? And is there a fix?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Phil, I've been running AO for a while now - I still have some things to sort out, but it's mostly with Foobar2000. For the most part, Server 2012, AO, and Foobar has been rock solid and does what I need (playback pit-perfect). So I've not really explored settings or features and whatnot - but I hope to find time to do so.

Anywho - I have friends who are struggling with MACs - they have trouble keeping things bit-perfect with the various software they use. I'd like to build a second Server 2012, AO, Foobar2000 machine and loan it to them to see if they like this setup better *with their gear*.

Will the AO software get upset if it sees that it's being run at a different IP address than the one I registered it on?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi

Certainly not upset :) All you need to do is to generate a new Activation-Key. Just make your friends buy AO if they like it :D

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Thanks for the reply Mike. It's likely a JPlay configuration issue. I'll research it a bit further on their forum and let you know if I find a solution.

I've seen that often on my setup as well. After "de-selecting" the auto background import feature of Jriver i never saw the issue again.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm new to AO - just installed 1.30 in dual-PC mode and it's superb ! Phil is on leave at the moment - can one of you AO gurus answer a couple of questions for me -

Is there a list of all the AO and ST command switches anywhere ? I am particularly interested in how to start AO without going through the options list every time - also, can I see what options I am running with - or even, if AO is running at all ??

I'm sure one of you experienced users will know the answers. Thanks

Hi

I have to excuse. The proper list you are searching is on the to do list for the 1.31 guide. So far the best available is probably the change log -> Highend-AudioPC | Change Log All switches are documented there.

Best,

Phil

Thanks for that - wondered why I couldn't see a AO process running ......

Hi

AO only runs when you start it. Once it made a reboot, it's not running anymore until you launch it again.

That's also good evidence to prove that AO is not part of the sound chain and therefore cannot be the

cause of any kind of drop outs or hickups.

Ironically, on the other hand... AO actually CAN lower latency and therefore help to fight dropouts and hickups.

Best,

Phil

Hi all

in my complex two pc system Hqplayer + NAA based ( all musical files are 16/44,1 upsampled to DSD 128), Win server 2012R2 in core mode+AO on both PC (set like single PC with network), jplay on NAA, Ramdisk on both, all feeded by linear PSU Belleson-based, with a no-dac (JLSounds I2S over USB interface with only a first order Low pass filter on DSD output) I've achieved a great sound quality and everything works very well.

I'm now trying new Windows server 10 Technical Preview 2 using also the new beta 10 of AO but I can't see the KS activated in core mode. It's a pity because the sound of new Win Server seems to me clearly better than the previous 2012 R2 also setting Jplay in classic ( Xstream can't work without KS). Someone has solved this problem yet?

KS in core mode does currently only work with Tech Preview 1 of Server vNext. Tech Preview 2 should be included in a further beta or the final release of 1.31.

So I went through all the Filters and signatures and now I'm finding (with 1.31b9) that I'm liking 2D much better than 4D. It seems to have a fuller sound with better texture in the vocal presentation.

Before that I was a hardcore believer in 4D setting. Has anyone else noticed this shift in sound? Or is everyone else still running 4D?

It should also be noted that I upgraded my USB to SPDIF from the Gustard U12 to a Mutec MC-1.2 and Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock. Since the upgrade I went through all the settings again and was liking the way 2 seems to be fuller sound with lots of nice bass in it...where 4 seems really thin now.

The funny thing is, I had an audio get together and everyone was commenting on how thin the music sounded and I made the change mid day (without anyone knowing I made the change (4D to 2D). By the end of it everyone said how good the sound had gotten. Most attributed it to break-in on the Mutec... I, however, know exactly when I had made the change and on the next track people started making comments.... Coincidence? Maybe... Maybe not.

I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed or changed their preference on what settings sound better or best to them (over the previously generally accepted 4D)??

Right now on my control pc I am running XX while on my audio pc I am still using 4D. I feel that XX sounds the most relaxed without any glare or edginess.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Last week I installed 1.30 as a AO newbie. Setting was 4D. Monday I installed 1.31(b10) Core and Ultimate. Played around with the DF and SS. I'm now a 2C man :-)))))) for the time being. ;-))

I'm just tweaking stuff. In JRiver 18 just going from KS to ASIO. Changing latency settings and buffer settings in ASIO. Going from 44.1 to 88.2 to 96.

Just changing and listening, changing and listening. Tiring process this audio biz :-))))

Regards Cazzesman

Last week I installed 1.30 as a AO newbie. Setting was 4D. Monday I installed 1.31(b10) Core and Ultimate. Played around with the DF and SS. I'm now a 2C man :-)))))) for the time being. ;-))

I'm just tweaking stuff. In JRiver 18 just going from KS to ASIO. Changing latency settings and buffer settings in ASIO. Going from 44.1 to 88.2 to 96.

Just changing and listening, changing and listening. Tiring process this audio biz :-))))

Regards Cazzesman

I like 2C too. Thanks for sharing.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Anyone figure out how to get Minimserver working with AO in core mode?

Other components:

i'd like to encourage everyone to try out all combos and decide what really sounds best.

Just couple of days, it's the most amazing step up comparing to other software approaches,

Landed in 2B, using Jriver/Jplay6 dual PC (KS), Chord Hugo with everpro optical USB isolator.

Loving it!

Me too. The sound is better than ever before. And that's saying a *lot*.

Thank you Phil

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I have just being doing some research into the Dirac Live. Without reading all 67 pages has this been discussed in detail re using Dirac Live with AO in core mode with JRiver (single PC)?

If not is it doable AudioPhil?

Thanks

Regards Cazzesman