IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hi Guys

I have to correct my posting from yesterday. The two options you get during Setup are either CORE or minimal-server mode. installing Nano Mode is not yet possible. The rest i posted stays correct. If you choose to install CORE mode, probably most of you won't be able to get into GUI or add any kind of windows features. What you must choose during setup is minimal-server mode like shown on this screen here (select the one with "with local admin tools"):

ChooseWS2016TPv2Installation.png

Good Article: https://www.petri.com/install-the-full-ui-on-windows-server-2016?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Petri+%28Petri+IT+Knowledgebase%29

And remember, should you decide to enter GUI mode, you will NOT be able to get back to core or minimal-server mode!

Enjoy it,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Some interesting things about Nano Server. Read closly, probably Nano Server won't be useful for us: Ignite 2015: Server Nano: The Future - Derek Seaman's Blog

No MSI support, no (.NET powershell), no Audio at all.... Nano Server is very hardly focused to run (as Hypervisor) in datacenters.

____________________________________________________________________________________

So it appears that it's possible to run Roon on WS2012 with AO. Great news!

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/windows-server-2012-r2/573

I'm hoping to give Roon a try on WS2012 + AO, using JRiver to render the audio (HQPlayer isn't an option yet, but they are looking into it). Has anyone here tried that? Does Roon require GUI mode, or will it run in Core mode?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Last night I ran HQPlayer in core mode. The improvement from GUI to Core mode was astonishing. However, I'm frustrated by the fact that you can't add music on HQPlayer in core mode. Even if I create play list in advance in HQP, it is not very friendly to big play list. For example, if I add the root directory of my music, I create the playlist for my entire music. However, switching tracks on HQP becomes a PITA - there is stuttering and drop outs when the play list is big. I created a playlist of size around 150 GB of music on my SSD.

It is not practical to switch back to GUI mode just to make a smallish play list and switch to core mode again. I understand that this not in control of Phil though.

Any suitable music player out there that would give me similar sound quality in core mode and have a reasonable interface in core mode?

Yes, I did try the latest Infinity Blade SQ. I agree that it is very very good. I've had fabulous result with my 16 GB double sided RAM and 'High Class Professional' mode.

However, I wasn't able to make it work in minimal/core mode. When I used the shell replacement option on the service tools, Infinity Blade didn't open. Not sure whats going on there.

As great as the Infinity Blade/BHE is, it is not suitable for everyday use. For optimal performance, it adds 7 second delay before each song. If you are upsampling, the delay before each song can be 30 seconds or more. You can't mix various sample rates in the play list. Selecting a song from the play list to play is awkward at best. There are so many options that makes your head spin. I still believe that the BHE is worth it given its fabulous sound. But I can't see myself using it everyday.

Any idea how to make BHE/IB work on minimal/core mode?

Yes, I did try the latest Infinity Blade SQ. I agree that it is very very good. I've had fabulous result with my 16 GB double sided RAM and 'High Class Professional' mode.

However, I wasn't able to make it work in minimal/core mode. When I used the shell replacement option on the service tools, Infinity Blade didn't open. Not sure whats going on there.

As great as the Infinity Blade/BHE is, it is not suitable for everyday use. For optimal performance, it adds 7 second delay before each song. If you are upsampling, the delay before each song can be 30 seconds or more. You can't mix various sample rates in the play list. Selecting a song from the play list to play is awkward at best. There are so many options that makes your head spin. I still believe that the BHE is worth it given its fabulous sound. But I can't see myself using it everyday.

Btw, I'm using Bug Head 4.80. Is there any compatibility issue with BE 4.80 and audiophile optimizer?

hi

you probably forgot to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" via AO.

best,

Phil

Thanks Phil. I will check if I installed those options tonight. Also, I've noticed in core mode, Microsoft remote desktop connection is flaky. Several times I wasn't able to remote desktop into my server running in core mode. I had force restart my server few times. Is this expected? This never happen in GUI or minimal mode.

Thanks Phil. I will check if I installed those options tonight. Also, I've noticed in core mode, Microsoft remote desktop connection is flaky. Several times I wasn't able to remote desktop into my server running in core mode. I had force restart my server few times. Is this expected? This never happen in GUI or minimal mode.

I dont have this issue using remote desktop in core mode. I use the Remote Desktop app for ios. Maybe its your wireless connection?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

hi

you probably forgot to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support" via AO.

best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Where do I see the option in AO to install '"Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"? I ran in advanced mode in didn't see that option.

hi

best,

Phil

I realized the Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support is in AO Ultimade mode. I indeed selected that option. I was able to run Bug Head in core mode from command prompt. But replacing BHE as shell, doesn't auto start it. So everytime I start my server, I'd have to manually launch BHE from cmd.

Btw, I get the following error message in core mode when I press 'CTL ALT DEL':

ErrorMessage.jpg

Also, I get another error message that says something like 'ex-21: Got an exception. Program will be terminated'

Hi

That option is also present in advanced mode. As i see your screenshots, there must be something terrible going on on your system. The BHE shell replacement works perfectly fine if your system is working properly, BHE is installled correctly an AO/ST configuration made properly. I suggest you start from scratch (format/reinstall) to get rid of all those error messages.

best,

phil

Anyone have the instructions on the best settings for Bughead? I got installed on my test machine but I'm not sure what's the best settings. I'm still trying to figure out how to stop it from locking up when I point it to a directory with music in it....but I hope to get that figured out here soon....

But any instructions on how to set it up properly... that would be great! I'd love to get it working and try it out. :)

Anyone have the instructions on the best settings for Bughead? I got installed on my test machine but I'm not sure what's the best settings. I'm still trying to figure out how to stop it from locking up when I point it to a directory with music in it....but I hope to get that figured out here soon....

But any instructions on how to set it up properly... that would be great! I'd love to get it working and try it out. :)

I'd also love to see some instructions...

MG555

Last night I ran HQPlayer in core mode. The improvement from GUI to Core mode was astonishing. However, I'm frustrated by the fact that you can't add music on HQPlayer in core mode. Even if I create play list in advance in HQP, it is not very friendly to big play list. For example, if I add the root directory of my music, I create the playlist for my entire music. However, switching tracks on HQP becomes a PITA - there is stuttering and drop outs when the play list is big. I created a playlist of size around 150 GB of music on my SSD.

It is not practical to switch back to GUI mode just to make a smallish play list and switch to core mode again. I understand that this not in control of Phil though.

Any suitable music player out there that would give me similar sound quality in core mode and have a reasonable interface in core mode?

How about running something like Q-Dir in core mode and pointing it to where your music files are?

Then you could drag files or folders from the Q-Dir window and drop them into HQ Player.

How about running something like Q-Dir in core mode and pointing it to where your music files are?

Then you could drag files or folders from the Q-Dir window and drop them into HQ Player.

you can also drag from JRiver to HQPlayer, for example, some certain tracks, a whole album(you can just drag the cover in an album view) or playlists you build in JRiver.

P :

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Hi to everyone,

I am wanting build an audiophile server based on a single pc using AO. Is there a thread or guide somewhere that discusses/recommends hardware options? I have seen lots of dual pc setup recommendations but not so much for single pc.

Ultimately it would be good to have the option to repurpose the single pc as either audio or control pc in a dual setup in the future.

I have in mind a hdplex H5 case and their linear power supply for mobo and second lpsu for JCAT usb card + REGEN.I plan to use internal ssd's for music and they will be filtered to reduce noise (SOtM sata filters or JLH shunt regulators).

I mainly need suggestions for mobo/cpu/ram/best options for powering the OS ssd (the hdplex 300w lpsu will be atx form factor so maybe just use sata power cable from the lpsu ?).I am thinking of a mini-itx board with integrated graphics for GUI and i7 cpu but I notice a trend for xeons ?

Thanks for any pointers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi to everyone,

I am wanting build an audiophile server based on a single pc using AO. Is there a thread or guide somewhere that discusses/recommends hardware options? I have seen lots of dual pc setup recommendations but not so much for single pc.

Ultimately it would be good to have the option to repurpose the single pc as either audio or control pc in a dual setup in the future.

I have in mind a hdplex H5 case and their linear power supply for mobo and second lpsu for JCAT usb card + REGEN.I plan to use internal ssd's for music and they will be filtered to reduce noise (SOtM sata filters or JLH shunt regulators).

I mainly need suggestions for mobo/cpu/ram/best options for powering the OS ssd (the hdplex 300w lpsu will be atx form factor so maybe just use sata power cable from the lpsu ?).I am thinking of a mini-itx board with integrated graphics for GUI and i7 cpu but I notice a trend for xeons ?

Thanks for any pointers

David

Apologies, as may be too off topic, will start a new thread !

[h=1]Single PC Setup for Audiophile Optimizer[/h]

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound