IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Phil

Last night I installed b9 on my test laptop (singlePC) and running AO hung after setting the sehop option. I was unable to get past this and I have never had a problem with AO before. I ran the diagnostic (very cool feature) and I believe it said it uploaded it.

Please advise.

thanks,

Eric

Just wanted to say I finally got around to testing out a 2 pc setup using Jplay and AO. For my AudioPC I am using a CAPS Zuma. For my ControlPC I am using an old ATOM 525 pc I had been using as my HTPC. Needless to say the HTPC is not optimized at all for audio. Here is my set up:

NAS >> Wireless N >> Control PC >> JRMC as DLNA >> JPlaystreamer >> AudioPC

All I can say is my music has never sounded better! The biggest things I notice are much more detail but its the overall presentation that has improved dramatically! The soundstage is immense in every direction but what is most interesting is how much more engaging the music is. This is because each instrument is more clearly defined in the soundstage and each note is crisp. The layering of the music is also incredible! Whereas before my music sounded nice, I could just sit back and listen. Now the music is urgent and energetic. I cant help but be fully engaged.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Phil

Last night I installed b9 on my test laptop (singlePC) and running AO hung after setting the sehop option. I was unable to get past this and I have never had a problem with AO before. I ran the diagnostic (very cool feature) and I believe it said it uploaded it.

Please advise.

thanks,

Eric

Hi

i don't believe it hung up. Probably you had the "focus" out of the ao window. If this happens, ao, st, etc seem to "stop". But they arent. Just click your mouse back into tje window, press any key, voilà.

Just run AO again and don't touch/click the mouse. Should be fine then.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil.

Does the AO 1.31 support Essential version?

2012 R2 Essentials is supported since AO 1.25, including KS in core mode.

2012 Essentials is not supported but may work..

Best,

phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been having some network issues that I think are related to AO beta 9. Whenever I run the optimizer I get the error message "Unable to contact IP driver. General failure." when I try to ping any device on my network. If I reset everything using service tool while still in core mode the network issues go away. I have repeated this issue on both my control and audio pcs. Going back to beta 6 resolves the issue.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I use JRMC as a DLNA server and BubbleUPnP as my control point. When I run AO browsing my music library with the app is either very slow or it just hangs. If I reverse all the AO settings then browsing is quick again. Running in core mode with no AO, my library loads in 3 seconds. Any ideas?

Other components:

Other components:

Hi

i don't believe it hung up. Probably you had the "focus" out of the ao window. If this happens, ao, st, etc seem to "stop". But they arent. Just click your mouse back into tje window, press any key, voilà.

Just run AO again and don't touch/click the mouse. Should be fine then.

Best,

Phil

That was it Phil!

Works like a champ now.

The problem I had was the screen went blank and I hit the mouse to get it back on and lost focus.

Happy days...

I've been having some network issues that I think are related to AO beta 9. Whenever I run the optimizer I get the error message "Unable to contact IP driver. General failure." when I try to ping any device on my network. If I reset everything using service tool while still in core mode the network issues go away. I have repeated this issue on both my control and audio pcs. Going back to beta 6 resolves the issue.

Hi

this is by design and is like that since the very first version of AO. It's expected if you choose "disable network related services".

best,

phil

Hi

this is by design and is like that since the very first version of AO. It's expected if you choose "disable network related services".

best,

phil

Yes but I did not have network related services turned off.

Other components:

Functional fixes regarding Windows Server vNext and better MediaPlayer support and a few other fixes regarding disabling of WMI and autostarting a few services during optimization.

ALWAYS use the very latest beta available!

Issue: Network connection not available after an installation of AO on a PC with double NIC and MS NIC teaming enabled.

Network adapters:-

1. Intel PWLA8391GTBLK PRO/1000 GT Desktop Network Adapter

2. Onboard RTL111C adapter

Steps:-

1. Perform a fresh install of Windows 2012 R2 GUI mode

2. Install the USB driver for your DAC, in my case CA Dac Magic Plus and make sure it is working

3. Make sure that NICs are identified and assigned IP Addresses. In my case, I had assigned a static IP to the onboard RTL NIC and have the DHCP assigned an IP to the Intel NIC

4. Create a NIC team using the server manager

5. Install AO. AO quickly reboots the machine and the network connectivity is gone

Workaround:

1. Delete NIC teaming from the server manager GUI

2. Optional, disable one of the NIC. I will be disabling the on board NIC from the BIOS

Observation:

One of the key issue could still be not having a proper driver for INTEL NIC for Windows 2012. I think this has been discussed in another thread.

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

One other note that I was trying to install the very latest Beta but I ran into this issue before when I installed AO 1.30.

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

I am trying to run MinimServer on my Win Server 2012 machine, I can't seem to run MinimServer on it. What am I missing? Please let me know. Thanks.

What error are you getting?

Other components: