IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Last night completed my music server with server 2012 R2, purchased AO and downloaded HQ Player. Upsampled PCM to DSD 128 to my Lampizator level 7 dac. I only got a chance to hear 15 minutes of music. But it was obvious that something special is going on. This is remarkable, the sound I'm getting from my stereo.

Some questions. I use TeamViewer to remote login to my music server and it works really well. My AO is in GUI mode. When I first installed AO, the TeamViewer didn't sign-in on start up. So, I had to attach keyboard to my music server and connect to my TV. Given the location of my music server in the living room, this is extremely hard and uncomfortable to for me to reach/connect my music server to keyboard/tv etc.

1. After AO express setup was done and PC restarted, TeamViewer was signed -in on start up. So this only happened once.

2. I'm planning to switch to minimal or core mode tonight. But I'm very worried that I won't be able to remote login using TeamViewer. My question is if TeamViewer signed in automatically on startup with AO GUI mode, should the behavior change if I switch to AO minimal/core mode?

3. Right now, I can use TeamViewer to remote login to my server from my tablet and operate my HQPlayer. However, if I switch to minimal/core mode, can I still do this or do I have to make other changes from remotely control HQ Player through TeamViewer?

4. How much better is HQ Player in minimal mode compare to GUI and is it close to core mode?

Would really appreciate some feedback on these.

Hi

what exactly do you mean whit that?

best,

Phil

Phil,

Roon supposedly is "not compatible" with Server R2 without a small fix. I am not very computer literate, but just curious if that could be a function to incorporate into the new 1.31 that allows the use of roon in core mode with AO. The guys at Roon gave some routine to try that supposedly gets it working on Server 2012 R2 although I am not sure what it is. I am just trying Roon myself on a trial basis and it's interface looks pretty good. It would be nice to know how the SQ is but I can see this being a future product going forward that if the SQ can be enhanced like JRiver is by using AO it would make some of us, like me, be more likely to to use Roon in the future.

Thanks

Howie

Last night completed my music server with server 2012 R2, purchased AO and downloaded HQ Player. Upsampled PCM to DSD 128 to my Lampizator level 7 dac. I only got a chance to hear 15 minutes of music. But it was obvious that something special is going on. This is remarkable, the sound I'm getting from my stereo.

Some questions. I use TeamViewer to remote login to my music server and it works really well. My AO is in GUI mode. When I first installed AO, the TeamViewer didn't sign-in on start up. So, I had to attach keyboard to my music server and connect to my TV. Given the location of my music server in the living room, this is extremely hard and uncomfortable to for me to reach/connect my music server to keyboard/tv etc.

1. After AO express setup was done and PC restarted, TeamViewer was signed -in on start up. So this only happened once.

2. I'm planning to switch to minimal or core mode tonight. But I'm very worried that I won't be able to remote login using TeamViewer. My question is if TeamViewer signed in automatically on startup with AO GUI mode, should the behavior change if I switch to AO minimal/core mode?

3. Right now, I can use TeamViewer to remote login to my server from my tablet and operate my HQPlayer. However, if I switch to minimal/core mode, can I still do this or do I have to make other changes from remotely control HQ Player through TeamViewer?

4. How much better is HQ Player in minimal mode compare to GUI and is it close to core mode?

Would really appreciate some feedback on these.

Hi

AO has no impact on TeamViewers Log-On behavior. Once you swith to core mode, TeamViewer will no longer start automatically. So TeamViewer is not the right tool for your scenario.

You better just use the already integrated Microsoft Remote Desktop option and uninstall TeamViewer.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil,

Roon supposedly is "not compatible" with Server R2 without a small fix. I am not very computer literate, but just curious if that could be a function to incorporate into the new 1.31 that allows the use of roon in core mode with AO. The guys at Roon gave some routine to try that supposedly gets it working on Server 2012 R2 although I am not sure what it is. I am just trying Roon myself on a trial basis and it's interface looks pretty good. It would be nice to know how the SQ is but I can see this being a future product going forward that if the SQ can be enhanced like JRiver is by using AO it would make some of us, like me, be more likely to to use Roon in the future.

Thanks

Howie

Hi

If you can send me a link to the installer, i can have a look at it yes.

Thanks,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

As far as i know minimserver does work in core mode without any help of AO. Just be sure to have Java Runtime installed before you switch to core mode. All you have to do is to start minimserver via command line. Would look something like this then:

java -jar myJARFile.jar

Best,

Phil

This doesnt quite work for me. When I enter the command java -jar mserver.jar it looks like Minimserver gets started however I cannot see it in BubbleUPnP control point. I also notice that my CPU usage increases dramatically because Windows Module Installer Worker process.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

This doesnt quite work for me. When I enter the command java -jar mserver.jar it looks like Minimserver gets started however I cannot see it in BubbleUPnP control point. I also notice that my CPU usage increases dramatically because Windows Module Installer Worker process.

In core mode I have to cd into the minimserver folder and enter the .lnk that is there and that starts up the server for me. I don't remember if I created it via shortcut when I was in GUI mode, but either way just start the MinimServer.lnk (I think this is correct) and you should have Minimserver starting. I also found I have to wait until it is started and restart JPLAYService and JPLAYStreamer for it to show up on my control point.

Hope this helps.

In core mode I have to cd into the minimserver folder and enter the .lnk that is there and that starts up the server for me. I don't remember if I created it via shortcut when I was in GUI mode, but either way just start the MinimServer.lnk (I think this is correct) and you should have Minimserver starting. I also found I have to wait until it is started and restart JPLAYService and JPLAYStreamer for it to show up on my control point.

Hope this helps.

Something weird is happening. I switched back to GUI mode and tried starting Minimserver from the Run line in Task Manager. I tried running both the shortcut on the desktop and mserver.jar. Both started Minimserver just fine. Not sure whats happening when I go to Core mode. I will try again.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

So Microsoft RDP is required if I switch to core mode. What about minimal server mode? Can I get away with using TeamViewer in minimal server mode?

Also in core mode, Microsoft RDP allows me to interact with HQPlayer GUI?

in terms of RDP there is no difference between GUI, minimal-server & core mode. This will work with every application that also works locally in whatever mode you are in. So yes, HQPlayer GUI will look as always even in core mode.

Something weird is happening. I switched back to GUI mode and tried starting Minimserver from the Run line in Task Manager. I tried running both the shortcut on the desktop and mserver.jar. Both started Minimserver just fine. Not sure whats happening when I go to Core mode. I will try again.

it does work in core like i posted a few posts back. You'll have to manully start it, it just won't autostart..

Hope this helps.

OK I got it to launch in Core mode but now I am getting some transcoding and convolution errors that I dont have when I run in GUI mode. Weird.

Other components:

OK I got it to launch in Core mode but now I am getting some transcoding and convolution errors that I dont have when I run in GUI mode. Weird.

You are half way there....

I don't use convolution - did you remember to rerun AO after switching to core?

You are half way there....

I don't use convolution - did you remember to rerun AO after switching to core?

No I was just trying to run Minimserver in core first to make sure everything works. It looks like if I want Minimserver to work in Core I will have to not use convolution which I like. Also, the issue with transcoding DSF is a problem for me. Right now I am back to minimal server mode instead and everything seems to work ok. I am going to not disable Drivers and Services in AO so I can use Task Scheduler to auto start Minimserver.

I would love to know what is causing Minimserver to not work correctly in Core mode.

Other components:

Ok, the dev of Minimserver let me know why transcoding does not work properly in core mode. I guess there are a few DLLs that are "turned off".

"Ffmpeg.exe will run in core mode if you restore avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll which core mode has removed."

Phil, any chance of providing Minimserver support for this when running AO in core mode?

Other components:

Hey guys, hoping I could get some help getting IOS app Microsoft Remote Desktop working again. This used to work for me but I havent used it in a while. I recently set up a second PC using Server and AO. I selected the option to enable Network Services and Remote Desktop in AO. In the IOS Remote Desktop app I entered the IP address of the pc, the username, and password. However I cant seem to connect. I cant remember if I did anything previously to get this to work.

Other components:

Hi

i assume you did not configure RDP to accept connections:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff710488(v=ws.10).aspx

Thank you Phil. That did the trick!

Other components:

Phil,

I have to say I just updated from b9 to b10 and I like it! I did change from 2C to 2B now and I think this is my favorite mode. There's just something musical about it for me.

Course it could be also that my Mutec MC1.2 and MC-3+ Smart Clock are really starting to come into their own...but as of about 20 minutes go (on B9) things didn't sound this good. So I think I have to give you some more credit where it's due... everything just sounds awesome!!!! It's smooth, musical, and the quickness of everything (though half belongs to the Mutec pieces) is just wow!!!

Now it's making me want to get a better DAC, PreAmp, Amps... ugh. ha ha.

Also Phil, Do you know if the final release of 1.31 will include WASAPI in core mode?

Hi

Sorry, definitely no WASAPI in core mode in 1.31. But there will be plenty of other nice things. This is the most recent change log:

Version 1.31b11

==================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 1.31b11

- Beta support for Windows Server vNext (Technical Preview 2, Build 10074)

- Fixed font and window size of AO, ST & Setup under Server vNext

- Boot Text for Windows Server vNext (Technical Preview)

- Complete update of all Windows DLL's & SYS files (March 2015)

- Enables Bug head Emperor/Infinity Blade in core mode

- Enables MMCSS in core mode (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

- Enables Fidelizer Pro in core mode

- Enables HQPlayer in core mode

- Enables TIDAL in core mode (not yet useful, WASAPI in core not yet ready)

- Support for JPLAY 6

- Possibility to disable JPLAYStreamer Service via AO

- JPLAY Service no longer set to automatic start during optimization

- Short names now support capital letters (e.g. "ao -u" and "ao -U" )

- Display stand-by now also possible after 1 minute

- WMI Service not disabled after changing Sound Signature & Digital-Filters

- Better MediaPlayer support in core mode (oledlg.dll for 2012 & 2012 R2)

- AO disables Java Auto Update

- Small bug fixes & cosmetics

ServiceTool 1.51b6

- New Diagnose Tool for easier support

- Set Bug head Emperor/Infinity Blade as shell

- Set Fidelizer Pro as Shell

- Set TIDAL as Shell

- Set HQPlayer as Shell

- Firewall Service no longer set to automatic start after reset via ServiceTool

- A few cosmetics

Setup 1.31

- Various Updates

- Start JPLAYmini from any path by typing "jm" and enter

Best,

Phil

so far the best sound I have achieved were not with j river although its good a stable.

j play and its simple player with the ao in core is amazing. with my ps audio ds and pike even its dsd is dsd something that before there was very little of. but beware there is many settings between AO and jplay . but when you hit the right combo its a wow for sure . but dsd and pcm needs different settings in j play. this digital audio is complex but if it can beat out my 12k umt plus then its a worthwhile learning experience.

Hi Guys

Just wanted you to let you know some important stuff about Windows Server Tech Preview 2. The default installation options are minimal-server mode or Nano Server mode. I suggest you choose minimal-server mode (the option that includes GUI Tools in brackets) instead of Nano mode.

Nano Mode is like core mode and the Compacting Feature of ST. Meaning Nano mode so far is nothing else than core mode with a partially removed payload. This means you will have a hard time getting out of Nano Mode since you will have to manually specify the SXS source folder etc. So remember my recommendation, don't do the initial setup directly into Nano Mode.

I am was testing with the latest build of Tech Preview 2 (10074) and made an interesting finding. Please be aware about it's NOT possible to switch back to core or minimal-server mode once you switched to GUI mode! This is a Microsoft issue, the issue is reproduceable and happens on brand new installations without AO or ST or anything else ever applied. So don't switch to GUI mode if you don't have in mind staying there. There's absolutely nothing i could do about it if you can't get back into core or minimal-server. Microsoft will fix this within one of the next updates, not me.

AO 1.31 Beta 11 is finished and already in testing by a hand full of selected users. it will be available for public beta testing within the next days.Please also see the update change log of ServiceTool:

ServiceTool 1.51b7

- New Diagnose Tool for easier support

- New Compacting Feature

- Set Bug head Emperor/Infinity Blade as shell

- Set Fidelizer Pro as Shell

- Set TIDAL as Shell

- Set HQPlayer as Shell

- Firewall Service no longer set to automatic start after reset via ServiceTool

- A few cosmetics

.....forget it. Figured it out.

Other components: