IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hi Guys

The beta phase is nearing the end....

Version 1.31b11

=====================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 1.31b11

- Beta support for Windows Server vNext (Technical Preview 2, Build 10074)

- Fixed font and window size of AO, ST & Setup under Server vNext

- Boot Text for Windows Server vNext (Technical Preview)

- Complete update of all Windows DLL's & SYS files (March 2015)

- Enables Bug head Emperor/Infinity Blade in core mode

- Enables MMCSS in core mode (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

- Enables Fidelizer Pro in core mode

- Enables HQPlayer in core mode

- Enables TIDAL in core mode (not yet useful, WASAPI in core not yet ready)

- Support for JPLAY 6

- Possibility to disable JPLAYStreamer Service via AO

- JPLAY Service no longer set to automatic start during optimization

- Short names now support capital letters (e.g. "ao -u" and "ao -U" )

- Display stand-by now also possible after 1 minute

- WMI Service not disabled after changing Sound Signature & Digital-Filters

- Better MediaPlayer support in core mode (oledlg.dll for 2012 & 2012 R2)

- AO disables Java Auto Update

- Small bug fixes & cosmetics

ServiceTool 1.51b7

- New Diagnose Tool for easier support

- New Compacting Feature

- Set Bug head Emperor/Infinity Blade as shell

- Set Fidelizer Pro as Shell

- Set TIDAL as Shell

- Set HQPlayer as Shell

- Firewall Service no longer set to automatic start after reset via ServiceTool

- A few cosmetics

Setup 1.31

- Various Updates

- Start JPLAYmini from any path by typing "jm" and enter

Probably we will see one more beta and that will probably be it for 1.31. I don't want to hold up the relase of 1.31 because of Windows Server vNext. The beta testing of Windows Server vNext (Tech Preview 2) will seamlessly continue with 1.32b1.

It's not yet urgent to have support for Windows Server vNext, but the day it will be finaly available i want to be more than just ready for it. In Windows 10 and Server vNext many things are different than they were in the past, there are also a lot of new things, new potential for new optimisations, all that will take some time so it's just better to start early with the development.

Beta 11 is online and available now via our homepage -> https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

...please be so kind and also click the Facebook button :-) Thanks in advance!

Enjoy,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi everybodyAfter months and months of being blessed by the musical heaven I had and countless hours of enjoyment my musical Nirvana unfortunately ended couple of days ago. Even though I didn't change nothing in settings or hardware since I completed my system just some strange things start to happen few days ago.

So, my problem is :

When I turn on my laptop first 10 to 15 seconds after initial boot up of operating system and all software ( Jriver only) procesor utilize 100-90 % for a minute and after that falls down to 30-35% and it stays there even in idle...

Both LED's on RJ45 connector are orange and amber, no green LED on connector ( no good connection) so no WOL for me ( wol enabled in BIOS and NIC ) even though I DO have internet access (?) ... RDP is working w/no problem what-so-ever...

This happen after I updated the Windows which I didn't updated for a couple of months and BIOS for my laptop...

After few days strugle with all this and with no success, I decide to go for a fresh install and setting up all from a scratch...

Didn't make to establish good connection with NIC "good conection" or wol.... ok I can live with that...

I've install everything else ( devices that I don't use disabeled in BIOS and device manager) ... I've even downgrade BIOS to a prior version...and....

SAME THING! EVEN WORSE!!! proc util stays the same ( frst 100-90% and then goes down to 35% - from those 35% between 15-20% goes on NT kenel - System and 10-15% on system interrupts).. tried to see which are interrupts but couldn't ... don't know how... and now even JRiver cannot recognize external HDD...I do understand some things but I'm far away of computer savy

For some reason, now I have much more difficulties to setup my music server then the first time... What should I do? Or better say it, how to do it?

Any Idea or advice how to solve this big problem of mine will be highly appreiciated

Thanx

Marko

P. S. If this is way too off topic I appologize so please point me to right thred. :-)

Hi

As like we moved on from 2012 to 2012 R2 without any additional costs, we'll do the same with 2012 R2 and vNext. It's just a new generation, evolution if you want so. Windows 10 in my opinion sounds very good, much better than Win 7 or Win 8.1. Might be we see some Windows 10 support in AO in the future, who knows... :)

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Folks

Just a minor update, 1.31 beta 11a is now online. There was some work for the new compacting feature. The compacting feature will free up about 400MB more and it will also work 100% correct (in terms of NTFS compression) on the first run.

What is the background? All previous versions of AO disabled the possibility to use compression on file system level. So if one downloaded on of the previous 1.31 betas on a system which was already optimized by any older version of AO, the Compacting Tool ran fine but was not able to use the NTFS compression. The workaround at that time was to run the very latest AO at least one time before using the Compacting Feature.

From now on the needed change to re-enable the compression feature will be made from setup.exe. Since the reset via ServiceTool at the end of the setup will also make a reboot, everything will be fine and ready on the first run of the compacting Tool.

You can also use Process Lasso. The installer works nicely in core mode. be sure to use the Server Version of Process Lasso and make 100% sure you install it as service during setup (Governor Mode). The "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer" Feature will make sure the GUI of Process Lasso will also fire up fine in core mode.

Enjoy,

Phil

Ïndeed it is. As always in computer audio, it will need some experimenting on what settings have the best effect on what setup. The Governor Mode of Process Lasso makes all settings "permanent" and since this is accomplished via a proper windows service, we don't even need something like a shell replacement to get it's full potential.

We partnered up with Bitsum Technologies. These will have plenty of advantages for all customers like multiple vendors working hand in hand for example. We use Process Lasso, Bitsum uses AudiophileOptimizer. This is a very nice constellation and all of us will profit from that partnership.

Wait before you place your orders. There will be a special "audiophile license" (with better pricing) of Process Lasso available in our shop very soon!

Enjoy,

Phil

Ïndeed it is. As always in computer audio, it will need some experimenting on what settings have the best effect on what setup. The Governor Mode of Process Lasso makes all settings "permanent" and since this is accomplished via a proper windows service, we don't even need something like a shell replacement to get it's full potential.

We partnered up with Bitsum Technologies. These will have plenty of advantages for all customers like multiple vendors working hand in hand for example. We use Process Lasso, Bitsum uses AudiophileOptimizer. This is a very nice constellation and all of us will profit from that partnership.

Wait before you place your orders. There will be a special "audiophile license" (with better pricing) of Process Lasso available in our shop very soon!

Enjoy,

Phil

Great to hear! Will you be integrating Lasso more into AO so that it walks the user through what settings to use? Or perhaps publish a recommended settings document?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Basically these are two different products with two different manuals. But certainly i can imagine some kind of short "best practice" guide in the future, no doubt about that. But you must learn about Process Lasso and it's usage either way, so..

Enjoy,

Phil

This is a great update! I'll wait before purchasing Lasso. Btw, I've not used 'CPU throttling' option on Process Lasso. I've heard that there's similar option exist for JPlay and I do not use JPlay. Do you think I should enable 'CPU Throttling' on Process Lasso for HQPlayer?

Hi

You can't compare those two features of JPLAY and Process Lasso. For Lasso i would not use it:

https://bitsum.com/docs/pl/about_CPU_throttling.htm

By the way, for those interested in Roon and Server 2012 R2 with AO -> https://community.roonlabs.com/t/install-for-roon-on-intel-nuc-win2012r2-essentials-using-audiophile-optimzer/1560/1

Side note: Just use the DriverHelper of ServiceTool to install the drivers instead of the manual instructions using bcdedit etc.

A quick update on Process Lasso, which I love and highly recommend. In response to a new interest and demand from audiophiles, Jeremy has set up a special server program and price for us WS2012/AO users:

https://bitsum.com/processlasso/server/audiophiles/

He will also come out with a setup guide for us soon. There is some user info on the Jplay forum here:

ProcessLasso and enhancements Sound Quality. - Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

A quick update on Process Lasso, which I love and highly recommend. In response to a new interest and demand from audiophiles, Jeremy has set up a special server program and price for us WS2012/AO users:

https://bitsum.com/processlasso/server/audiophiles/

He will also come out with a setup guide for us soon. There is some user info on the Jplay forum here:

ProcessLasso and enhancements Sound Quality. - Computer Audio - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

Awesome! Definitely looking forward to the setup guide.

Now I have AO, Fidelizer, Jplay, and soon Process Lasso. There needs to be a single app that integrates all of the features of these various applications, makes sure they all work well with each other, while getting rid of redundancies. That would be a killer app!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

hi Guys

Please wait with your orders and esspecially with emails! This is still a very early stage, the Manuals are net yet ready (not mine and not Process Lasso's). There will be some slight adjustments to AO as well as a new modified Version of process lasso. There will also be a dedicated Guide of Process Lasso (made by bitsum) on usage with AudiophileOptimizer etc.

Please wait untill I give the final Infos out where, what, when etc. It will be only a few days and will be worth the waiting.

Thanks for your patience,

Phil

What kind of Voodoo is AO, wow ! I just purchased and installed AO 1.30 onto my laptop with WS2012R2 while waiting to build my dedicated server. I played it in GUI mode/JRiver > Bricasti M1 dac > dual mono gryphon pre > gryphon monoblocks > Thiel cs 5i towers. Amazingly there was increased clarity, spaciousness, richness and liquidity of textures, and incremental improvements in soundstaging,imaging and focus. My wife who was *unaware of any changes made* said "what did you do to the sound". I asked why and did she notice a difference? Her reply, "big time, it is more open, clearer and warmer". I dont think it has actually changed the tonal balance but appears warmer due to the other associated changes, but Im not gonna argue with my wife ;-). This purchase was an instant WAF success. Can't wait to experiment with modes, sigs, and filters, HQP.....

Thanks Phil, wow, job well done !

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

hi Guys

Please wait with your orders and esspecially with emails! This is still a very early stage, the Manuals are net yet ready (not mine and not Process Lasso's). There will be some slight adjustments to AO as well as a new modified Version of process lasso. There will also be a dedicated Guide of Process Lasso (made by bitsum) on usage with AudiophileOptimizer etc.

Please wait untill I give the final Infos out where, what, when etc. It will be only a few days and will be worth the waiting.

Phil

Sorry if I jumped the gun or caused issues with my post, Phil. My bad.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

It will be only a few days and will be worth the waiting.

Phil

A few days??? NO big deal at all. Perfect timing for a weekend of audio tweaking! Thank you

Other components:

What kind of Voodoo is AO, wow ! I just purchased and installed AO 1.30 onto my laptop with WS2012R2 while waiting to build my dedicated server. I played it in GUI mode/JRiver > Bricasti M1 dac > dual mono gryphon pre > gryphon monoblocks > Thiel cs 5i towers. Amazingly there was increased clarity, spaciousness, richness and liquidity of textures, and incremental improvements in soundstaging,imaging and focus. My wife who was *unaware of any changes made* said "what did you do to the sound". I asked why and did she notice a difference? Her reply, "big time, it is more open, clearer and warmer". I dont think it has actually changed the tonal balance but appears warmer due to the other associated changes, but Im not gonna argue with my wife ;-). This purchase was an instant WAF success. Can't wait to experiment with modes, sigs, and filters, HQP.....

Thanks Phil, wow, job well done !

David

I like the Voodoo "tag"! :-) glad you like it so much.

A few days??? NO big deal at all. Perfect timing for a weekend of audio tweaking! Thank you

Yes should not take too long. Bitsum is putting together a quick guide about what to watch out for un the typical "audiophile" scenario, like it's very important to install Process Lasso as Service (Governor Mode). We're also discussing the possible license options. Aside from the much better pricing for audiophile usage, there might also be an adjustment because some of use use more than just one or two machines. Yesterday there was a request for 7 Machines for example, we'll get some better pricing for such scenarios as well.

Process Lasso is capable of a few things I can only dream of in terms of AO. Some other parts actually overlap, so i will also make some guidance where to watch out closly. (Many CPU internal things are already under control or configured by AO. Messing arround there too mich won't break anything, but might significantly change the outcome sound quality wise. To the good pr to the bad.. So watch out! :-)

This is great that you are helping guide us through the obvious overlap of Lasso and AO. I see some folks also use Fidelizer with these. Wow, that's a venn diagram that I can't imagine (the overlap mess). I hope, in those cases, things aren't actually battling each other. Anyway,. this is cool. :)

Hi

sure. All of these work great together. There is a lot going on at the moment, a lot of movement in the market. New players, new devices, new Tools. I like change and also innovation. It will need some time for many to master all those new things and i'll try to deliver at least a basic guidance on how to use them.

by the way, it is now possible to select "Windows Server 2012" and "Windows Server 2012 R2" in your profile on CA and i'll encourage everyone to use that option! (Thanks @Chris for making it possible)

for the next 4-5 weeks things will slow down on our side since we'll receive our second child in a few days. Everything will be upside down, no more sleep and lots of milk around... please support me and my wife by only emailing us during the next weeks when really needed.

very interesting discussion/poll going on over here, please vote and contribute if you like: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/poll-any-interest-win10-if-audiophile-optimizer-available-24679/