IGNORED

Censorship?

Let's guide the discussion in more positive direction:

I think all USB cables sound the same as my $0.31 optical cable.

Confirm or deny.

I'm not in a position to confirm or deny what you think... Or were you asking what I think?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

"Go ahead.... threaten to sue me ONE more time.... go ahead, I dare you..."

AngryBaby_zps4a2cadc8.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Let's guide the discussion in more positive direction:

I think all USB cables sound the same as my $0.31 optical cable.

Confirm or deny.

I'll see your cable controversy and raise you one double blind test challenge plus random reference to Nazis. Someone break out the fork please.

I'll see your cable controversy and raise you one double blind test challenge plus random reference to Nazis. Someone break out the fork please.

I think cables require fancy Brilliant Pebbles to sound their very best and test should be in the quadruple fashion using participates that are actually blind as we do need some credibility for the results.

The Truth Is Out There

I've been told I sometimes resemble a $0.31 cable - thoughts go into one end and come out the other "enhanced" a bit. Wait, that sounds a bit like Gksjc8208)(*&) @97409!

I'm not in a position to confirm or deny what you think... Or were you asking what I think?

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Well, my guess is as soon as Chris takes a break from vacation and looks at this, most of the comments you think objectionable will disappear.

You realize that what you said could be construed as a bit of a threat to most people in the U.S., right? This is one lawsuit crazy country. I'm not a lawyer nor am I qualified to give legal advice, though there are those here who are. (And who are most correctly silent on the subject.) However, in my opinion, what you see as "defamation" would mostly be viewed up here as bad manners and a cost of doing business.

Indeed, you might notice, the conversation has gone totally silly with people now just having fun until it gets erased. There is without a doubt, reason for that.

There depth of knowledge and experience here is, in a word, somewhat awe inspiring. Not that we don't all get into silliness as well, and for sure, we don't all agree with each other. But CA is probably the one place on the net where you can discuss any audio subject under the sun, and have a group of people this intelligent, artistic, and in all other ways - diverse - be willing to participate. Note the silliness above. There is history behind it. :)

-Paul

Hello Paul,

I think you misread my statement about the legal issues I am being forced to deal with. My post was not directed at Chris, CA or any of you who read the postings. I believe Chris acted in good faith removing the original post as soon as he was aware of it and I completely understand his position, as the owner of the forum, wanting to stay out of this and stay neutral. For the record my post was aimed at the instigator of the defamation, not the innocent bystanders so Chris, CA etc need have no fear of retribution from me. However it would not be sensible to absolve anyone supporting defamation in the future and I must reserve the right to deal with this accordingly. I will not be posting again on this subject.

Thank you for offering a welcome to C.A. I’m a little busy at present but this will change over the next year as I transfer production to another company with better facilities than I have here. Perhaps, with the above issue out of the way, I may feel more comfortable about your invitation to hang around.

Regards

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

...oh no, the fun police have stepped in to take control.....

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

With the link I provided have a look at the positive comments and amazing user pictures.

Hey Zakus, my comment was not intended for you.

Clown Control?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4788[/ATTACH]

*sigh* :)

Look in the mirror Krusty :)

I agree this thread will be deleted and I think probably that was the Paul Hynes' intent. Before he appeared in this thread, every discussion was immuned from the deletion. You guys criticised/supported my original posting, discussed about censorship, and legitimate forms and contents of a general posting. Most of the people agree with no legal issues in this forum, which I learnt as well.

As soon as Paul Hynes appears, he immediately started to talk about them and even express a nonsense threat about non-existing future discussions.

I know he wants to avoid any legal action (he is not that stupid). I know he doesn't want to see this thread keep going either.

Give it a break, its not working

The Truth Is Out There

Hi HTGL-

You have a legal action going, and I don't think it is appropriate for you to try and communicate with Paul Hynes through this forum. You clearly have your side of things, and we clearly aren't going to solve the problem here.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Ok guys. I will definately stop right here! Even myself started to think since last night that this was little too much for you guys.

Last thing: you guy may want to consider in the future (not because of my case) to make a one category of forum which deals with dispute and the rest of the forum is as it is. Site like audiogon has those kind of stuff and actually it is well orgarnized. Just 2 cents.