IGNORED

Censorship?

I know right!

BTW, have you seen the Blog section? Chris will be busy when he returns.

Wow- I didn't even see all that crap in the Blogs! Some of them are even pretty new, at least I have not seen a couple or three of them before. How the heck do those people find enough time to do all that? Wowzers...

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Wow- I didn't even see all that crap in the Blogs! Some of them are even pretty new, at least I have not seen a couple or three of them before. How the heck do those people find enough time to do all that? Wowzers...

Funny, that looks like my spam trap...

How the heck do those people find enough time to do all that? Wowzers...

Just what I want to do on vacation, deal with spammers! CA got hit by a few people in the Philippines today paid by companies to boost site traffic or new customers for unsuspecting businesses who pay for a service of which they have no idea how it works.

ABC Lawn Service company in Anywhere, USA is contacted by XYZ Unscrupulous company offering to boost sales and site traffic. ABC naively says sure, we'll pay a commission for your work, nothing up front. Meanwhile XYZ company hires people in countries like the Philippines for pennies to spam as many sites as they can with posts about ABC business.

I've contacted a couple of the businesses and they had no idea what was going on. What us? Spam a website? How do you do that? Mom and Pop shops have no idea what's going on to boost their businesses.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems

Just what I want to do on vacation, deal with spammers! CA got hit by a few people in the Philippines today paid by companies to boost site traffic or new customers for unsuspecting businesses who pay for a service of which they have no idea how it works.

ABC Lawn Service company in Anywhere, USA is contacted by XYZ Unscrupulous company offering to boost sales and site traffic. ABC naively says sure, we'll pay a commission for your work, nothing up front. Meanwhile XYZ company hires people in countries like the Philippines for pennies to spam as many sites as they can with posts about ABC business.

I've contacted a couple of the businesses and they had no idea what was going on. What us? Spam a website? How do you do that? Mom and Pop shops have no idea what's going on to boost their businesses.

I was almost hoping you didn't see it while you were on vacation, but knowing it would get worse quickly ..

Sounds like you need help...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Sounds like you need help...

I've long-ago burned through my quota of unsolicited advice, but if Chris will permit be a wee suggestion:

Appoint 2 or 3 trusted and objective (not in the audio pejorative sense) forum members as deputies that can delete obvious spam.

wgscott,

If it were I, I would use if it were I,

Best,

me

or

"If I was smart, I would go to graduate school."

"If I were smart, I would go to graduate school." according to my wife, were is correct... I love it, this thread is officially off track

The Truth Is Out There

Or maybe I could go all British and say "Were it I .."

Nah, if you were British you'd say something like "wa sup?"... Ahhh the state of our beloved language :-)

Eloise

PS... Any one for a nice cup of tea?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

ahhhh......you mean spot of tea?

I was affraid this terd, er ah, I mean thread, was an entire waste of time I will never get back.....until I reached the last few posts, that is.

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

I've long-ago burned through my quota of unsolicited advice, but if Chris will permit be a wee suggestion:

Appoint 2 or 3 trusted and objective (not in the audio pejorative sense) forum members as deputies that can delete obvious spam.

That's what they did early on at SHTv and, as they say, power corrupts - they quickly became censors, rapidly moved beyond that to totalitarian censors, and now just randomly power trip all over people with innocent questions.

Appoint 2 or 3 trusted and objective (not in the audio pejorative sense) forum members as deputies that can delete obvious spam

I agree with wgscott. The most effective way to deal with Spammers is to remove their droppings A.S.A.P.

They could be moved to a non publicly viewable area of the forum for later deletion or reinstatement by Chris.

It is best if at least one of those members is from a different Time Zone so that the Spammers soon get the message when their posts disappear very quickly, instead of remaining overnight.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020