IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@bubbleguuum

I just installed your Beta version, I used the Lumin app to drive an Engineered E-red Dock card and a Marantz MCR510. All functions work with the E-red card. I don't have fast forward and rewind functions on the Marantz but I have the same lack on Mconnect in UPNP mode so it's inherent in the Marantz. I will complete with shuffle and repeat functions that I didn’t have time to test.

Good job and fast, thank you very much! The modifications made by Lumin to the 8.1 Release app were aimed at an improvement that could not overlook the loss of functions for other Openhome devices and apps on the market? It worked for so long that it's a little disconcerting that all of a sudden the problem appeared after dozens and dozens of changes to the Lumin app, maybe @wklie could have explained it to us instead of shooting off the field.

Best regards, Nicolas.

MSB Reference> Ypsilon Aelius 2 >Vivid G1 or Andra3

HQPlayer >Diretta DST>Holo May>Holo Serene>Kinki ex-m7>Leedh e2 glass or DIY (Davis/Heil).

Great job! @bubbleguuum .

It would be very interesting what was changed that lead to the incompatibility. Why did it work for years and suddenly stopped working?

Does this fix maybe also solve the problem that the lumin app looses contact to the bubble server so that you have to stop and restart the app?

Hi @wklie ! I wanted to ask about the warranty when external PSU for U2 Mini is used. If I just remove top cover and the disconnect the SMPS cable from the board and connect the LPS plug (without removing SMPS or cutting any wires), then it still voids the warranty? This way I can test if I like the sound with LPS more or not. If I do like it more, then removing on/off button wire with soldering still voids warranty? When its been done cleanly and looks like original. I know it's a risk, but I have not seen very much Lumin units which need warranty repairs, so they should be reliable.

And do you know any cases, where adding LPS upgrade damaged Lumin unit (if done correctly)? 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Klots said:

And do you know any cases, where adding LPS upgrade damaged Lumin unit (if done correctly)?

There are some.  Those are not public, but we know.  I've seen dozens of cases when some third party LPS degrade after using 2-3 years causing instability.

Modification of internals void warranty.  Units sent to us for repair must have all original parts inside and intact.  Whether you can restore it to a state that our service staff overlooks prior modification, that's a risk you'd need to consider.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

12 minutes ago, wklie said:

There are some.  Those are not public, but we know.  I've seen dozens of cases when some third party LPS degrade after using 2-3 years causing instability.

Modification of internals void warranty.  Units sent to us for repair must have all original parts inside and intact.  Whether you can restore it to a state that our service staff overlooks prior modification, that's a risk you'd need to consider.

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, wklie said:

I don't recall but do you install tamper-evident seals on the cases of your equipment like some manufacturers do and, no, I am not trying to give you any ideas 🤐

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

On 10/22/2022 at 2:59 PM, Hypercell said:

Hello,

I don’t know if someone else already rise this problem: in the past, I mean 1 year ago more or less, the Lumin app was taking in memory the Qobuz log and pw also for several months. Since long time and after several fw release, I have to log in Qobuz all the time. There is the way to solve this?

thank you

Maurizio

After the last app release, the issue seems to be solved and now is taking in memory the Qobuz log.

Thank you Lumin 

Anyone know how to have Lumin app find a NAS. Mine got lost .I had to change the password on  a Synology NAS. Now the Lumin app will not find the NAS. In Android, the app finds the nas, loads the albums, but will not play any selection.  All this on a D2 Firmware ver.15.1

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

1 hour ago, greyscale said:

Anyone know how to have Lumin app find a NAS. Mine got lost .I had to change the password on  a Synology NAS. Now the Lumin app will not find the NAS. In Android, the app finds the nas, loads the albums, but will not play any selection.  All this on a D2 Firmware ver.15.1

If you use minimserver Lumin app will find instantly the database you had set it up.

8 hours ago, greyscale said:

Please verify your MinimServer on Synology is running properly (with MinimWatch on a different computer), has the correct settings, and especially path to the music content directory.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 10/23/2022 at 11:18 PM, bubbleguuum said:

Yes it will, for the official update in a few days (not before next Thursday).

I am running BubleUPNP server version 0.9 on a Synology NAS running DSM6.

How would I get access to this upcoming new version in an .SPK package, required for Synology?

Thanks for your support

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I am running BubleUPNP server version 0.9 on a Synology NAS running DSM6.

How would I get access to this upcoming new version in an .SPK package, required for Synology?

Thanks for your support

There is no need for a new SPK as BubbleUPnP Server updates are independent of whatever packaging system installed it.

Go into the web interface of BubbleUPnP Server and check if the version is 0.9-update44 (it should if you did not disable auto-updates).

If it isn't, go into the Settings/Updates tab and use the "Check for update" button.

52 minutes ago, bubbleguuum said:

There is no need for a new SPK as BubbleUPnP Server updates are independent of whatever packaging system installed it.

Go into the web interface of BubbleUPnP Server and check if the version is 0.9-update44 (it should if you did not disable auto-updates).

If it isn't, go into the Settings/Updates tab and use the "Check for update" button.

Thanks for your swift feedback and support..  My version has indeed updated to 0.9-update44.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:43 PM, MaxH said:

The stainless steel go so well with the Lumin - just placed an order 😃

It has been brought to my attention that the steel feet (rather than the aluminum versions) from the unnamed third party (not Lumin) is temporarily of stock from the manufacturer.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

3 hours ago, wklie said:

It has been brought to my attention that the steel feet (rather than the aluminum versions) from the unnamed third party (not Lumin) is temporarily of stock from the manufacturer.

Got mine today and the only problem is I can't figure out how they fit together for best use!

On 11/6/2022 at 10:33 PM, wklie said:

Please verify your MinimServer on Synology is running properly (with MinimWatch on a different computer), has the correct settings, and especially path to the music content directory.

MinimServer is running on the Synology as reported by Minimwatch. The issue is the path to the NAS. I also run

iPang on the same setup. Running iPang thru LMS the NAS path = /mnt/server1/Music.

MinimServer will not accept that path. Keeps using  /volume1/Music. Ill try over at MinimServer forum.

Thanks

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

Lumin T2 and Firmware 15.1: cannot hear any sound.

Hello is anybody experiencing a similar problem? I purchased a second hand Lumin T2 (tested and working properly at his previous owner's) but when I connected to my setup (a Bryston BP-26 pre-amp balanced input), the Lumin app suddenly proposed me to upgrade to the new firmware version and I accepted. After the installation completed I configured my Qobuz account and tried to play a few songs but couldn't hear any sound despite the fact that the song counter was progressing on the display and the player was not on mute (it shows on the display). I tried also with Internet Radio but nothing changed, if I turn the volume knob on the preamp to a very high level then I can barely hear the song playing through my speakers but it's nothing more than a whisper, like if the internal volume of the Lumin was set to 1%.

Of course I tried to enable and disable the Lumin voice control, same for Leedh processing

The output is set to Analog and I tried to swich to SPDIF or USB and then back to Analog

I tried a reset from the App as well, didn't manage to do it from the rear panel, seems unresponsive.

Any hints before sending it to service? Is there a way to re-install the firmware or to revert to v14? I am almost desperate...