IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

56 minutes ago, wklie said:

I'm making another beta firmware to improve sound quality for Spotify Connect.

Spotify users please let me know which Lumin model you're using.

Amazing! Having a U2 Mini. 
Will this tweak affect others like ROON too? Or are further tweaks to UPnP or ROON part of a different update?

4 hours ago, Markus8 said:

Amazing! Having a U2 Mini. 
Will this tweak affect others like ROON too? Or are further tweaks to UPnP or ROON part of a different update?

When ready, this will include the UPnP changes for JPlay app, but will not affect Roon Ready operation.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 10/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, gbr said:

IWhat is nice with the new versions:

* Jumping back to the qobuz start page does happen less often. But sometimes it still happens, when the app was not used for a longer time.

* Regarding the behaviour that the playlist jumps back to the first track: This also happens when switching to another app and back to lumin. It would be great if the playlist scroll position would be kept.

Hello Peter,

as you are preparing a new release of the lumin app I would like to get back to these two issues I still have with the app. Is there a chance to enhance the behaviour regarding this?

The jumping back to the qobuz start page does not happen anymore while using the app. But after a pause when opening the app again, the navigation is reset back to the start page nearly everytime. It would be great if the app could remember the navigation path and scroll position in this case. (On the UPnP folder view navigation a refresh happens, too, but at least the navigation path is kept. Maybe a refresh could be avoided completely?)

What year was your iOS / Android device originally released in?

On an iPad Pro 10" 2022, I launched Lumin app - Qobuz page - traversed to the bottom after a series of taps, switched to JPlay and played something, switched to Safari and read two tabs, switched to Roon Remote app, then switched back to Lumin app.  The app was not killed, so everything is still there.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

8 hours ago, wklie said:

What year was your iOS / Android device originally released in?

Oh, sorry that I forgot to mention the device: It is an iPad2018 with the latest iOS 16.2.

I do not know if the refresh problem has to do with not enough free RAM left so that the lumin app is stopped by iOS and on restart it does not remember the navigation status. But I tried to stop the app by swiping it off the screen. On restart you can see the app initializing the GUI and after 1 or 2 seconds the qobuz icon appears. The qobuz icon is not automatically selected again, but when choosing it manually the navigation path was remembered fine in this test (my qobuz favorites albums).

So maybe it has to do with the standby that is entered by the streamer after an idle time?

In fact it does not happen on every app switch, but I see the navigation reset very often. I do not have an exact way to reproduce it. I have to pay attention if it e.g. happens after listening to a longer playlist and then opening the app without much idle time for the streamer.

One case is when I power on the hifi system and the app finds the U1 mini the first time, it theoretically could exactly remember the last navigation state from the day before, but it does not.

16 hours ago, gbr said:

In fact it does not happen on every app switch, but I see the navigation reset very often.

Inconsistency on app switch is caused by the OS.  In-app navigation reset if not caused by a data change will be fixed if we can reproduce it.  The app will not save navigation if killed - this is outside our scope.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 10/21/2022 at 12:32 AM, SQFIRST said:

Ceramic is better sounding than steel. The rubber ring needs to be thrown out as I think they included that just to keep the unit together. But it clobbers the sound as it transfers vibration.

If you are able to take a chance on the equipment not rolling off, I had success doing this:

Use only the bottom portion of the unit using only one bead. Use only three of them under the player. This further reduces contact points to just three ceramic beads for the entire unit and that will open up your sound remarkably.

For a small device, like an lps,  I use only one of the bottom halves with the three beads.

If I understand correctly:

IMG_20221231_123654.thumb.jpg.5418e6991666a1094b0928aab30ba562.jpg

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 12/31/2022 at 4:43 AM, wklie said:

The app will not save navigation if killed - this is outside our scope.

Hello Peter,

I do not know which events an iOS app can listen to. Maybe if it goes into the background or the device's screen is turned off? If it can catch such an event this would be a good moment to save the current navigation path and scroll amount of the screen if possible. Otherwise the navigation maybe could be saved after e.g. two seconds of no user interaction.

If the app is restarted or reactivated it could read this state and set it up again. But only if the current state differs from that saved state to avoid a GUI refresh when it is not required.

Kind regards and a happy new year

Gert

Hello all

my wife bought me a brand new U2 mini for Christmas.

I am using it "ethernet-wired" to a Spectrum modem/router here in CA and piloted with my ipad.

Since I started it and used it with Qobuz, I have experienced long times to load an album and to switch from a song to another or even to the next one….

Now today I have plugged my new Chord M scaler to my Hugo TT2 Dac time is generating my m scaler to disconnect and generate loud pops at each song change.

I guess the Lumin disconnect (or whatsoever) in between tracks due to this long time and my dac see a disconnect somewhere. What is wrong with this Lumin ?

So I did reset the streamer (small hole in the back) , my router….

What I did wrong is that I didn’t test after this reset, but I plugged my HDD to it and tested.It worked fine, no delay with the HDD play and no pop sound between track change.

So I tried again Qobuz , same delay / lag with Qobuz, but no pop anymore between track. So is it because I restarted everything that there is no pop anymore I don’t know… Though when I unplugged the HDD the U2 mini restarted on its own and logged me out of Qobuz. Is it normal ?

Then I still experience long times / lag with Qobuz between tracks… I tried with my iphone instead of the ipad, same, so definitely not ipad

2 hours ago, tony31 said:

And discovered I don’t have gapless

Lumin has always supported gapless since 2012.

You need to turn off shuffle, turn off multi-room, and put the album of tracks in the playlist and let it play sequentially.

If it still does not do gapless, the speed the Qobuz server appointed to you sends the data to you via your ISP is too slow.  Toggling the DNS is one way to hopefully gets a different server assigned to you.

Also try different albums at non-peak hours.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, SQFIRST said:

@tony31 it may be good to check whether the Qobuz app can play tracks without issues on your ipad (not the Lumin app and not on your music system). This might help you rule out any issues with your internet and/or wifi.

Yes perfect with airplay, same ipad with the U2 

22 minutes ago, wklie said:

Lumin has always supported gapless since 2012.

You need to turn off shuffle, turn off multi-room, and put the album of tracks in the playlist and let it play sequentially.

If it still does not do gapless, the speed the Qobuz server appointed to you sends the data to you via your ISP is too slow.  Toggling the DNS is one way to hopefully gets a different server assigned to you.

Also try different albums at non-peak hours.

Shuffled was turned off, as well as multi-room.

DNS always toggled on since the beginning.

I did put the tracks in the play list clicking on the whole album picture and then "play 1st" icon. After 1st track once again a gap, as if the streamer output turns off (I see my dac reset like the source turns off).

So definitely an issue, after each track, gapless album or not, the output of the streamer turns off like if there isn’t any other file….then 2 to 3 seconds for the next track to play…

I tested U2 Mini Firmware 15.2 USB output to Esoteric player/DAC playing this album from Qobuz using Lumin app:

Les Misérables (10th Anniversary Concert Live at Royal Albert Hall) (Live)

spacer.png

I listened for more than 1 hour.  Everything works.  Gapless works.  No pop anomaly.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

4 hours ago, wklie said:

I tested U2 Mini Firmware 15.2 USB output to Esoteric player/DAC playing this album from Qobuz using Lumin app:

spacer.png

I listened for more than 1 hour.  Everything works.  Gapless works.  No pop anomaly.

As said before I don’t have pop in between tracks anymore, but gapless still doesn’t work and still experience output switched off / long times between tracks.

I have fiber internet but phoned my ISP (Spectrum). They will come to assess the connection.

if this doesn’t solve the issue today, could it be that my U2 unit has an hardware defect ?

Thank you

12 hours ago, wklie said:

spacer.png

Thank you again wklie

I played the same album you posted, it started to play gapless , so I switch to my previous album and came back to this one to listen to it again after erasing the tracking list.
Guess what…. Gaps again between tracks and impossible to play it gapless again whatever I try…

So I left for a couple of minutes to have a coffee,   the streamer not playing but switched on.
After my coffee I launched the very same album again, it did gapless between the first 2 songs, then a gap at the 3rd track , then gapless between 4 and 5…..I am really pissed off

I see sometimes the timer on the U2 and ipad are off, music still playing though but time skipping 2 seconds for example

I am really pissed off.

My ISP technician came and my connection is skyrocketting above 700mbps .