IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

7 hours ago, vintageaxeman said:

Do you use the standard S1 power supply or the X1 power supply upgrade? I would like to find out if Gotham do one for connecting  the X1 Power supply to the S1.

No, I use an Uptone JS-2 for my U1 mini. The Gotham DC cable goes from the Uptone to the U1 mini.

You can ask Ghent audio if he can do that. He made my DC cable.

U1 mini just keeps getting better and better with unexpected performance leaps from upgrades.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

2 hours ago, Dr_Wu said:

Not a big issue, but since the last 2 Lumin app updates, the word "SEARCH" next to the Qobuz icon in the upper right corner of screen does not show. Pressing the Qobuz icon brings up the search keyboard and everything works fine. Has anyone else seen this?

Please state your device : iPad / iPhone / Android model, OS version, Lumin app version.

And a screen capture, thanks.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Not specific to Lumin users, but overall these years I often see people, who reported degraded streaming, tend to find SQ improvement if they try to improve isolation (which I see you did) and to use LPS for the network infrastructure (primarily router and switch), while removing all non-essential SMPS and wall warts.

For Lumin, please disable any unnecessary service you don't use, such as Roon Ready, Lumin Streaming AirPlay, Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect, Multi-Room, etc.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

For streaming I have seen a positive impact when isolating the network with fiber right after the modem, before reaching the router. Separate modem-router-wireless configuration is ideal for best isolation implementation, but understanding that in a lot of cases a combination device is used, putting in an isolation as close to the outside line as possible is worth the effort.

13 hours ago, wklie said:

Firmware 15.2 for all 13 Lumin network player / transport models launched in the past 10 years have been released.  This is the 10th year anniversary firmware update for our original model A1 (review) launched in December 2012.

https://www.luminmusic.com/firmware-notes.html

So cool!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I am wondering what happened in the last firmware update on my A1?  When I go to album view or artist view the Track artist column got consolidated with the track name. It could be a users error on my part, however the Tidal view looks normal. See pics.  I did not see any way to affect this in the Lumin Options. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

338FD1C3-8ACB-4ECB-9FB8-621B18F00E7F.png

8D311144-5442-4BDF-96F6-450805F1A6FE.png

I’ve been happily using a gigafoil (powered by a bakoon 5v) in front of the U1 mini.

I just swapped the gigafoil for an etherstream2 switch and this the most musical and fatigue free the U1 has sounded.

Switches do have their own sound signature, like everything else.

I would like to use both the gigafoil and etherstream2 together when I get another LPS.

But any Lumin owner adding a switch like the etherstream2 will finally be able to get the most out of their Lumin.

Regarding the modified CISCO switch, I'd like to see someone "breathe" on one of CISCO's managed switches with an SFP port for use of fiber optics.

Glad your experience was a good one!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

On 12/9/2022 at 1:16 AM, One and a half said:

Those of Lumin users using the Lumin app with Qobuz streaming, does the soundstage collapse compared with local files of the same sampling  rates and format?

I stream Qobuz, and it's fantastic. No complaints at all for musicality or soundstaging.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:29 AM, wklie said:

Not specific to Lumin users, but overall these years I often see people, who reported degraded streaming, tend to find SQ improvement if they try to improve isolation (which I see you did) and to use LPS for the network infrastructure (primarily router and switch), while removing all non-essential SMPS and wall warts.

I find off the shelf SMPS for cable modem/router degrades the sound significantly.

10 hours ago, BlueSkyy said:

Regarding the modified CISCO switch, I'd like to see someone "breathe" on one of CISCO's managed switches with an SFP port for use of fiber optics.

Glad your experience was a good one!

Not sure if you were referring to the etherstream2, but it's quite good. I was skeptical at first since it is a modded cisco switch.