IGNORED

Official iTunes 11 Thread (Released 11/29/2012)

Seriously? Reload the old version and restore or rebuild the library. Pretty easy to do if you have TC backups or something similar.

Paul

I'm new to the mac. Can you list the steps to restore to a previous version of Itunes from a TC backup? Thanks.

1. Navigate to the Applications folder

2. Start Time Machine

3. Go back to Nov 29th or whenever

4. Restore the old version of iTunes

5. Go to ~/Music/iTunes and do the same to restore Tunes\ Library.itl

But you are better off learning to live with the changes. Most are for the greater good, and the rest have workarounds.

But you are better off learning to live with the changes. Most are for the greater good, and the rest have workarounds.

Perhaps you are better to evaluate whether you should upgrade in the first place. If you are happy with 10.x, why not stay with that version? I love Cover Flow and will not upgrade and lose that feature.

Regards,

Geoff

Perhaps you are better to evaluate whether you should upgrade in the first place. If you are happy with 10.x, why not stay with that version? I love Cover Flow and will not upgrade and lose that feature.

That only buys you some time, it will be only a matter of months before the next thingy is out there that requires Itunes 11 and above to work properly.

I agree with wgscott, usually it's easier to go with the flow and just adapt.

And honestly, as described above Itunes 11 isn't such a bad thing overall, there's some nice new features.

I really don't get why they had to kill Coverflow. I barely ever used it, but it was a cool feature.

Seeing a few odd behaviors here with Amarra build 4435 on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.2.

First, the "anchor" button ("Amarra Window follows position of iTunes Window") puts Amarra *under* the iTunes window instead of on top of it (like it was previously).

Second, launching Amarra and pressing its "Play" button doesn't start the music anymore. I have to press the "Go To Next Track" button to get the music to start.

Outside of that, I'm liking the new iTunes interface. Took a few minutes to get used to the changes though.

I do wish Search was smarter and could access all the fields. It seems to look at title and artist but sometimes I want to search by composer or, in my jazz collection, by a certain player (I use the Lyrics field to list the players on jazz albums). Even Smart Playlists doesn't include an option for all the enterable fields. It sure would be nice to just simply enter "Eric Dolphy" and instantly have a list of tracks he's on.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

It sure would be nice to just simply enter "Eric Dolphy" and instantly have a list of tracks he's on.

That's part of what makes Sooloos a great solution. While listening to a track with Eric Dolphy playing in the band you can tap the screen to see what else in your collection he plays on. In addition you can see items like mastering engineer and tap the ME's name to see what else in your collection he or she has mastered. It's a stellar system, but iTunes beats it on price every time :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It sure would be nice to just simply enter "Eric Dolphy" and instantly have a list of tracks he's on.

Works for me in iTunes 11. I type the name in the search box and it updates as I type. Zero delay for me w/ 1500+ albums. If you then click on the sub-headings in the search results, you can see just those items i.e. click "Songs." It then shows a + symbol allowing you to quickly add the songs to the playlist. Pretty slick.

Hi VandyMan,

Works for me in iTunes 11. I type the name in the search box and it updates as I type. Zero delay for me w/ 1500+ albums. If you then click on the sub-headings in the search results, you can see just those items i.e. click "Songs." It then shows a + symbol allowing you to quickly add the songs to the playlist. Pretty slick.

Are you saying you can enter a name in the search box (not the artist's name or the track name but a name you've entered manually in a field other than artist or track name) and you get a list of tracks with that name in their metadata somewhere (other than artist or title)?

If so, I'd love to learn the secret.

I've entered a lot of player's names in the "Lyrics" field of all the tracks on my jazz albums - sometimes I want to hear all the tracks on which Dolphy (or someone else) plays, even if they are not the main artist whose track it is but are simply "guests" or players hired for the record date.

I'd also love to be able to enter a composer's name and get a list of everything in the library they've written. Haven't found that secret either. (Though if I'm not mistaken, older versions of iTunes *could* search using the Composer field. Maybe not - been a while.)

To be clear, if I search by artist or title, yes, the search is fast and provides me with a list. But sometimes I feel like hearing a certain player or works by a certain composer, etc. and it would be nice if iTunes' capabilities were expanded to encompass all the fields in the database.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

Barry Diament Audio

Does anyone know if you can go back to the previous version? If so, how?

As I was unhappy with what it did to Pure Music, I deleted the new iTunes, went to the iTunes site and reloaded the 10.7 version, tried to open it and was told my library had been rewritten for 11 when it updated and was not available on 10.7....

Apple DID let me reload the new version and m music was back, still with all the interface problems with Pure Music..

Put another way, once trapped into updating to 11, folk are screwed.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson