I started with Symphony No.1 in this new (to me) set. A very powerful performance captured in vivid sound--a 24 bit/96k HDTracks download.51B47R90r4L._SS500.jpg

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

I had trouble finding it for a decent price, too. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the site where I downloaded it! (It was a year or two ago.) At the time, I was a dedicated "silver disc" player and I just didn't pay enough attention to the name--sorry! For what it's worth, every recording I have on that label has both fantastic playing and sound. (All of the others are CDs.)

The only album I have on agOgique label is the Ockeghem Missa prolationum performed by Ensemble Musica Nova. Mine is a physical CD, but it's one of the downloads that christopher3393 mentioned a while back:

Downloads for both :( They were much cheaper. [...]

Perhaps Christopher would know where to get the downloads from this label?

In any case, album of the evening:

Conversations Vincent Bélanger, Anne Bisson

MI0004171129.jpg

I loved the work of Klaus Gesing with Anouar Brahem so...

Amiira - Klaus Gesing // Björn Meyer // Samuel Rohrer

a1985152172_10.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

The only album I have on agOgique label is the Ockeghem Missa prolationum performed by Ensemble Musica Nova. Mine is a physical CD, but it's one of the downloads that christopher3393 mentioned a while back: Perhaps Christopher would know where to get the downloads from this label?

Actually, that download was from the Aeon record label. I haven't been able to find a download of the Gabrielli CD from agOgique. The best price I could find was Amazon France: 1 used copy for 50 euros, 1 new for 60, both prior to shipping costs. The CD comes with a 136 page book. It was agOgique's first release.

This is probably a long shot, but might be worth a try: https://www.laboiteamusique.eu/product_info.php?products_id=73007&osCsid=50s5hru1ed48sesus7rv6r40p5

Jón Leifs: Hekla and other orchestral works

En Shao / Iceland Symphony Orchestra

4433662-origpic-79369b.jpg

Thank you Sir ! I went to the link you provided and they accepted my order at least for now. We'll see if they can actually ship, but the price is 'normal' and that's further than I got anywhere else, so thank you again.

Actually, that download was from the Aeon record label. I haven't been able to find a download of the Gabrielli CD from agOgique. The best price I could find was Amazon France: 1 used copy for 50 euros, 1 new for 60, both prior to shipping costs. The CD comes with a 136 page book. It was agOgique's first release.

This is probably a long shot, but might be worth a try: https://www.laboiteamusique.eu/product_info.php?products_id=73007&osCsid=50s5hru1ed48sesus7rv6r40p5

Jón Leifs: Hekla and other orchestral works

En Shao / Iceland Symphony Orchestra

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33099[/ATTACH]

Thank you Sir ! I went to the link you provided and they accepted my order at least for now. We'll see if they can actually ship, but the price is 'normal' and that's further than I got anywhere else, so thank you again.

I second my thanks as well. They may see a small spike in sales.

I just noticed that shipping to Seattle is $14.95 or $0 for "Collect on site". Frankly I don't understand this choice. Any advice?

Not a deal breaker but it's become a $38 purchase. Considering the lack of options, it's worth it those of us interested.

Again, who understands "Collect on site"? Sounds like COD.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Thanks, nice to see that Cobb has a new mob! Great theme for an evolving series, classes with the masters.

900 Miles with Bethany Yarrow and Rufus Cappadocia.

R-7352421-1439577111-9359.jpeg.jpg

Dusted this almost forgotten disc (figuratively) and am struck by how it foreshadowed works like these which I shared awhile ago. Female vocal with a double bass backing, sounds fine this evening...

High, Low or In Between with Svante and Katarna Henryson

high_low_inbetween.jpg

Musica Nuda - Live à FIP with Petra Magoni and Ferruccio Spinetti

41oVRegaE4L._SS500.jpg

According to the website, my copy has shipped. Thanks again Christopher3393.

I just noticed that shipping to Seattle is $14.95 or $0 for "Collect on site". Frankly I don't understand this choice. Any advice?

Not a deal breaker but it's become a $38 purchase. Considering the lack of options, it's worth it those of us interested.

According to the website, my copy has shipped. Thanks again Christopher3393.

Congratulations. May I be so indelicate as to ask if the shipping charges were $14.95?

Yikes--that's highway robbery! I wish I could remember the name of the site where I downloaded my 24/96 version. It wasn't HD, E-classical, or ProStudio Masters--that much I recall.

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

My charges were 7.95, as I am in Amsterdam and it's shipping from France or Belgium (next door).

Sounds right and I am both across the 'pond' and then on the far coast, Seattle.

It's not the total cost that stalls me but that I am paying almost as much in shipping as I am fir the product itself. I'm sure I'll succumb, man up and complete the purchase. Still don't understand the other shipping option, though.

Please let us know how you enjoy it.

Sounds right and I am both across the 'pond' and then on the far coast, Seattle.

It's not the total cost that stalls me but that I am paying almost as much in shipping as I am fir the product itself. I'm sure I'll succumb, man up and complete the purchase. Still don't understand the other shipping option, though.

Please let us know how you enjoy it.

I think "Collect on site" means pick it up at their brick and mortar store in Brussels:

https://www.laboiteamusique.eu/about.php?osCsid=50s5hru1ed48sesus7rv6r40p5

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I think "Collect on site" means pick it up at their brick and mortar store in Brussels:

https://www.laboiteamusique.eu/about.php?osCsid=50s5hru1ed48sesus7rv6r40p5

My thought too which explains the address, just have never seen such an option.

Sorry to have tied up the thread with my petty concerns. My apology to all.

I just completed the order. I look forward to the music and what sounds like a lovely booklet of 100+ pages.

cover.JPG

Saint-Saëns: Cello Concerto No 1, Cello Sonatas Nos 2 & 3. Emmanuelle Bertrand, Cello; Pascal Amoyel, Piano; James Gaffigan conducts the Lucerne Symphony.

Ms. Bertrand reading of the concerto does not match the drive and passion of Leonard Rose, with Ormandy and the Philadelpians, but is a worthwhile endeavor in its own right. Her deliberate approach is less convincing (to me) in the sonatas.

The sound, from a 24/96 eclassical download, is better than in the Ormandy, but not by much.

cover.jpg

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

The Rzewski today. Wow, Levit plays this viciously demanding piece even more compellingly than does Marc-Andre Hamelin. Better sound, too.81j1FwWeZsL._SY355_.jpg