6 hours ago, firedog said:

Low DR can just mean there isn't much built in dynamic range to the music itself.  Happens a lot with Rock/Folk/Country/Blues types of music.

6 hours ago, semente said:

Indeed, the DR meter is mostly useful only to compare different mastering versions of one particular album.

Yes I know, I mainly wanted to head off any comments that it must be compressed to hell with such a low DR.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Roon is using a different measurement of dynamic range - R128 vs the more wildly quoted "Crest" method as used in Foobar -essentially average vs peak methods of calculation. The two methods aren't directly comparable number to number. So if you say it has a "DR of 4" that's sort of misleading, as most of us would assume you are reporting what the Foobar/DR database states as DR. 

Next time I will link to a page explaining this before I dare mention the dynamic range that's clearly visible in the screen capture included in my post.

No electron left behind.

22 hours ago, firedog said:

I'm pretty sure not everyone examines every detail of every screen shot on a post.

And I am also pretty sure everyone here does not know every detail regarding music playback. AS I said, I only know what Roon was telling me.

No electron left behind.