• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have seen & heard Itamar Borochov last Friday. He was playing music from his latest recording. We had a terrific evening, beautiful music, awesome musicians (the drummer reminded us of a certain Muppet...).

Although the recording does not beat the live performance (it never does, imho), it is still a great recording.

51la4Y6ZB1L._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jud said:

Hah! No problem, this hits a sweet spot for me that not everyone has.

Edit: The sweet spot - Van Morrison, whose voice I love, singing rock 'n' roll from near the origins or shortly after, which I love as a genre, in kind of a Ray Charles style, which I'm a sucker for.

Thanks for sharing! Must say I like it too. Reminds me of parties of days long gone (and the accompanying smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke).

Perhaps not one of his best records (Moondance, anyone?), but for me, it has a nice feelgood quality. 

Edit: he should have stayed away from the Johnny Kidd song.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

How about the guy's voice for pushing 80? (Same thing I thought about Jagger on Hackney Diamonds.)

Your comments take me back to a Buddy Guy concert we (mijn lief et moi) once attended. Buddy Guy is the same year my late father was. BG was dressed in a purple tiger stripe suit. Never saw my Dad in something like that.. It is not about age, or the dressing code... if the music is good, it's good. It was one of the best performances we ever attended. 

Funny, gave Hackney Diamonds a listen this evening, I like it. Good music has no age (I think...).