IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Hi Ted,

I have been ripping my 500 SACDs with PS3 and SACD ripper 0.30( I have also tried it in another machine with 0.36 SACD ripper) and there are several SACDs (classical music SACDs) which I failed to rip and the error is 8002B301. What is it supposed to mean and is there anything I can do with that? Thanks.

Me too.

Most likely it is caused by some special characters used in the tags/naming.

Returning to an earlier build (i.e. 0.21) solved most of these problems

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Me too.

Most likely it is caused by some special characters used in the tags/naming.

Returning to an earlier build (i.e. 0.21) solved most of these problems

I didn't encounter this problem. Until now, I have ripped 400 SACD with version 0.36, and many of them are from Pentatone, without any problem... With which one did the process fail ?

I didn't encounter this problem. Until now, I have ripped 400 SACD with version 0.36, and many of them are from Pentatone, without any problem... With which one did the process fail ?

Hi jdw!

AFAIR, I had trouble with the Faure Requiem SACD and some/one (?) of the Julia Fischer discs ...

Some others have had these probs as well:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/search.php?searchid=972639

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Seems as you have been on the sunny side of life then ;-)

Hi jdw!

AFAIR, I had trouble with the Faure Requiem SACD and some/one (?) of the Julia Fischer discs ...

Some others have had these probs as well:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/search.php?searchid=972639

Hi Synfreak,

You are right. I have trouble with some Pentatone discs -- the Mendelssohn piano trios by Julia Fischer and Muller-Schott (u with umlaut) and also Berlioz Requiem & Grande Messe des Morts by LSO and Colin Davis. I guess it fails because the name contains umlaut and also with double quotation mark.

Is it a reversible thing to go back to 0.21? I am a bit scared to tweak these things because this is already my second PS3. My first one just fails me at the first time I used it and I have waited for 3 months to get this one which was installed with 0.30 by the seller and I dared not mod it for fear of 'sudden death' again. thanks

Is it a reversible thing to go back to 0.21?

There's no problem using a earlier build (i.e. 0.21).

Just uninstall the current used one, and install the older one.

You could even hold some different versions on your USB thumb-drive, as they are (usually) named accordingly.

You are absolutely correct. If the PlayStation is currently on 3.56 or higher a hardware downgrade ( requiring soldering) is required. NO OTHER WAY.

The only consoles released with 3.56 firmware that are not downgradable even with hardware are a small percentage of cech-slim 2501a , cech-2501b. any cech-3001 slim. any super slim. Therefore, any system capable of sacd playback was released with firmware lower than 3.55. That makes any cecha01 , cechb01 cechc01 or ceche01 downgradable with a hardware flasher.

I am fairly certain but need more testing to confirm. that if you purchased a downgraded console and a bmd-003 drive board was used to repair the system this would disable sacd playback. The a- e models were released with bdm-001 or bdm-002 drive boards. These are the only drive board that have the necessary hardware for sacd playback.Anyone with a sacd capable console that is not able to play sacd's should consider this as the likely cause.

Concerning your question about changing cfw's. The first action anyone who installs cfw should do is back up there nand dumps. This is the only way to recover from a brick. Use multiman and google :) There are brick risk while changing cfw's. PM if you need advice.

PLEASE EVERYONE STAY ON 3.55 FOR NOW.

I am a repair guy not a developer or programmer.. However I am attempting to get sacd_ripper converted to run on 4.XX Firmware. IF this happens it will be for 4.30 or lower for now. Not by choice of course.

Now I finally found a solution to extract SACD ISO files on the fly. No need for Terminal, or the SACD-Xtract software...

I just use AudirvanaPlus … This cool software has ALL I NEED!!!!!!

There is an option: "Add Files To iTunes" in AudirvanaPlus.

Be sure first to uncheck the two boxes in the iTunes Prefs->Advanced: "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

I then drag my ISO file to the new opened window, set the "Quality of the proxy files to "Uncompressed" and whushhhh…. AudirvanaPlus extracts, and converts all the files I need. And adds them to iTunes too ;)

When finished, remember to tick the two boxes in iTunes again.

Hours, or even weeks of conversion are just done within minutes now.

Best Regards

KK

Yes you are right. The good news is that you can now IMPORT the different songs into iTunes, and put them in playlists ;)

Sorry it's the old feature of A+ which has been available more than a year ago. You don't need to use iTunes to play iso files? Just add the iso in the playlist window.
anyone here rip any of the Genesis SACD's?

I have ripped all of the SACDs from the first two box sets. The sound quality ranges from very good to superb.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Greetings Ted_b,

Please send me the guide as well. many thanks!

I have many SACDs and would love to play them on my JRiver Jukebox. I have the Genesis so those will be fun.

PM sent. Welcome to CA.

My old PS3 gave up the ghost. I've located one through Craigslist. Problem is, seller's in midtown Manhattan, I'm almost 2 hours away, and he (understandably, as is usual for Craigslist) wants cash in hand. If anyone in that neck of the woods would be interested in acting as my proxy (yep, I know it's a somewhat unusual request), please let me know via PM.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi everyone. I'm very new to this. But because I have many SACD and would like to ripp them as DSF Files I am very excited to find out it is possible to ripp with PS3. I have ordered one PS3 with SACD capability and FW 3.55. But I am very confused about the guides I have found on the internet. Can anyone please send me a guide (if availabe in german, but english will do.....) to me as PM? Thank you very much in advance and best regards...

... Can anyone please send me a guide (if availabe in german, but english will do.....) ...

If you need some assistance in german, I would be able to guide you ;-)

But Ted's guide should do it, as precise as it is.