IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

Hello Ted, I am completely new to this forum. I bought an Exasound e20/III (an exellent product and a really friendly seller) this summer. I do also have a Sony scd-777, but this player will be sold ! I have a few Sacds that I would really like to rip. I would therfore be very thankful if you could send me a PM. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello Ted, I am completely new to this forum. I bought an Exasound e20/III (an exellent product and a really friendly seller) this summer. I do also have a Sony scd-777, but this player will be sold ! I have a few Sacds that I would really like to rip. I would therfore be very thankful if you could send me a PM. Thanks a lot in advance.

PM sent. Welcome to CA.

@Ted:

the first link inside your primer seems to be broken, but the ones provided in the first chapter/section seem to work fine (but I haven't tested all ofthem)

Ted,

I'm still getting an Error404 when trying to connect to the first link in your primer ...

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

You mean the link to my guide? As I've said the ISO2DSD link is now gone cuz it is explained in the primer. I don;'t use the link anymore cuz it had people putting the work too deep in their folder/directory setup. Here is my guide link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/SACD%20ripper%20primer%20v3.0.zip

You mean the link to my guide? As I've said the ISO2DSD link is now gone cuz it is explained in the primer. I don;'t use the link anymore cuz it had people putting the work too deep in their folder/directory setup. Here is my guide link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/SACD%20ripper%20primer%20v3.0.zip

Hi Ted!

Yes, the first link in your guide - which reads like that:

Here is the first link you need, the ISO2DSD folder setup that includes:

 Latest SACD_extract.exe

 Windows folder setup

 Windows Bat files for extraction

 MAC OSX instructions and links

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3487125/ISO%202%20DSD.zip

It might confuse the one or other user ...

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Yes, I am going to update the guide. Needs massive overhaul since all the new info I have. But...it is still relevant for simple ripping/extraction.

Note: since I have disabled the ISO2DSD link I make sure I send new users the whole form-letter primer I wrote. But yes, agree that once you get into the guide the links don't all work. They do in the latest primer. Thx again...

... By they way what is the latest version? ...

afaik 0.36 ...

Version .37 is the latest ripper (same version number as the latest extractor) but the differences in it from ripper v.36 are mostly cleaned up minor bug fix issues (like some foreign character hiccups, etc). My latest primer/instructions I send out includes v37. Not worth upgrading unless you have an issue.

Ahh, uhhm, yes ..

It is actually 0.37.

Version .37 is the latest ripper (same version number as the latest extractor) but the differences in it from ripper v.36 are mostly cleaned up minor bug fix issues (like some foreign character hiccups, etc). My latest primer/instructions I send out includes v37. Not worth upgrading unless you have an issue.

Thanks for the reply. Very useful information.

I just had one problem lately. I ripped one SACD, Holst - Orchestral Works Vol 1 - Hickox. Normally all my gapless SACD rips are perfectly gapless and I have ripped over a hundred discs so far.

Anyway this one has a nasty click from track 2 to track 3, so I was wondering if a newer version might solve it? What do you think?

In order to upgrade do I have to unnistall/reinstall all over again? Or is it a much simpler process?

Thanks again.

P.S. I always and only rip in ISO format.

Thanks for the reply. Very useful information.

I just had one problem lately. I ripped one SACD, Holst - Orchestral Works Vol 1 - Hickox. Normally all my gapless SACD rips are perfectly gapless and I have ripped over a hundred discs so far.

Anyway this one has a nasty click from track 2 to track 3, so I was wondering if a newer version might solve it? What do you think?

In order to upgrade do I have to unnistall/reinstall all over again? Or is it a much simpler process?

Thanks again.

P.S. I always and only rip in ISO format.

Not sure why the click in ISO playback. Occasionally DACs produce tiny tick on DSF or DIFF at end of some tracks that have no real silnce (like classical movements) depending on how they handle DSD.

To upgrade or change the ripper and delete from PS3 menu (just hit triangle controller button and follow delete on side menu). Then scroll up to "install pkg" and have both new pkg and 110+ keys loaded on your USB thumb drive (root folder). It will install, then ask for your keys once fired up.

I can't find this has ever been answered. I have the same problem with the script in WIN7, rip to a USB flash drive works fine. One time I got the network rip to work from the command line but never again. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, a question for folks looking at this thread -

I've been ripping using the ISO-over-network script. About a week ago, in association with some other problems the PS3 was having (since fixed), the network script stopped working. In the command line window that pops up for the network script which ordinarily shows the progress of the ISO being transmitted, nothing appears, and eventually a dialog box pops up saying "sacd_extract.exe has stopped working." I assume this means it hasn't received any data so the process has crashed/died.

After getting the PS3 back from repair, putting the ISO on a USB stick works fine, but the network script doesn't - still has the same problem described above.

I've reinstalled sacd-extract (version 3.7) and re-re-checked the batch command. Anyone have suggestions regarding how to get the PS3 and Windows 8 to play nice again over the network?

Thanks.

Hi Ted,

Have received my "Jasonized" PS2 and would appreciate you sending me your guide.

A related question - is there any advantage to using a CECHE01 vs. a CECHA01 or do they have exactly the same capability?

Thanks,

Mark.

PM sent. No, just 60GB vs 80GB stock.

Many thanks to Ted and the members of CA for putting the material that allows the creation of SACD iso's using an old PS3 CECHE01 and providing great info on available SW and HW to work with them.

A few observations that may have been mentioned before:

Using ripper 0.37, I had 5 occurrences out 25 rips of screen lockup after selecting OK to rip. The iso was created but a power cycle was required to reboot the PS3.

In addition, I noticed that the ripper will quickly default to ripping to a network server unless you select the correct option. Since my PS3 is not connected to the internet and my media server connection is disabled, I found myself having to end the game and restart several times until I got used to the routine.

Besides a few minor glitches all went well. Mission accomplished!

Thanks to Ted and Jason, I am up and running. I had to some minor tweaking to one of the batch files and I am busily ripping SACDs!

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

As stated before here, I no longer send the ISO2DSD.zip because people put it in the wrong place on their hard drives. So I have created (also here) a short primer to do it manually in 3 minutes. It is in the PM I sent you. I will send the MACOSX link under separate cover. Gambu and Churchill, welcome to CA.

Hi Ted -

Can you please PM me with the MACOSX directions?

I'd like to save myself a few steps by not doing the extractions in VMware Fusion in Windows.

Thanks!