IGNORED

SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2)

HELLO

i have a ps 3 question . the first time i did a iso on the ps3 it copied it to a usb thumb drive. it showed the progress in a window.

when it was done all went well.

now i am doing another and in the window where you pick to start i hit the x to cammand to start it does and the file appears as normal on the thumb drive . but there is no percentage window . i just waited about 30 mins and did not see the light on the thumb drive blink anymore. how can i get back to the original screen for burning.

thqanks

You stumbled upon one of the few (3 or 4) error conditions in the ripping process. You did fine. :)

I documented them in this post.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/index54.html#post230379

Your issue is common, but requires a reboot of the PS3 (hold power button till it beeps, then wait for it to power down).

Battles, you sent me a first PM less than 36 hours ago, and I responded to it with everything you wanted 24 hours ago. What's up? What do you need additionally?

Hi Ted,

My apologies for the late reply. I just noticed that your PM ended up in my spam filter. In the meantime I ended up figuring out how sacd extract works with a little trial and error. Thanks again for the information and all that you have done for the forum. Contributors like yourself have done an immense and irreplaceable amount for the audiophile community!!

Best,

Battles

PM sent. Welcome to CA.

Ted - I'd love to a look at your guide, too. I spent a fascinating afternoon last week with someone who owns one of those old PS3s and who ripped my little collection of Esoteric SACDs with it. Worked just fine. I'll have to figure out how I want to play back my .iso copies, or convert them to PCM, but that is another story. Just to say I can confirm this works, and well. Seemed to take about quarter of an hour per average SACD. Cool!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Ted, are the links in your Google suppose to be active ? Don't seem to be. Maybe best to send it to me. Big thks for all the work you have done on this, it made me tired just reading it ��.

They might be, sorry. PM sent.

Check your junk folders or something. I show it was sent 25 hours ago.

I have as recently as 10 min ago. I have two e mails, CA was set for the old but both are active, but I have now changed to my new. Could you pls resend, thanks.

rogerdn

You can use Foobar to convert to WAV (or FLAC or ...) with the build in "Converter" - just right-click on the track(s) you like to convert and select the wanted destination format and location ... (the sacd_input plugin must be set accordingly to the sampletrate you wish to use).

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

I also have DBpower will this convert to wave directly as well?

From FLAC, yes. From DSF or ISOs, no (but we are working on them :) ).

BIgger question is this:

Why would you convert these DSD files to PCM (FLAC and WAV are PCM containers) when you have a perfectly fine DSD-capable machine. The conversion is quite damaging, relatively speaking (i.e no need to do it).