IGNORED

Audirvana Origin

All people here installed it and start thread, don't come back... mmmm

Struggling or all went well ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

19 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

All people here installed it and start thread, don't come back... mmmm

Struggling or all went well ?

For me it went well. No problems on the install and the new version is a big improvement in navigation - with the alphabet added to lists - and letting you play (as well as just display) groups.

Now, for those of us who run headless, we need the update to the iOS remote. I just want it to work for Origin the same way as it does for 3.5

Using Studio, and agree about painless so far and UI improvements.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 1 month later...

As a first time Audirvana user and have to say I'm impressed. After a few days using Origin, I'm finding the sound quality, UI interface and Plugin support to be excellent. I like to use digital EQs and the plugin implementation (VST3) in Origin thus far has been flawless and effortless to setup. Love the folder view option (essentially a file explorer) as all my music is sorted in a folder structure. I won't dwell on the myriad of other media programs I have used in the past (I think I have tried most of them 🙂) including multiple DAWs and find Audirvana to have as good as sound quality as the best of the them with one of the easiest setup/User interfaces. Using an Intel I9-12700K CPU/32GB-3600Mhz Ram and the CPU/Memory usage is extremely low (not oversampling). So far the program has "ticked-all-the-boxes" for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally the new Remote for Studio and Origin is available, and in a quick test...  it's not so hot. Not nearly the usefulness of the same remote used with 3.5, and still can't do basic things Audirvana did when I first bought it 10 years ago.

OK, good things first. Audirvana Remote has learned it's alphabet: the navigation letters down the side have returned, so you don't have to scroll hundreds of screens to get where you want to be in a playlist. That's a really big plus.

Also, in my quick test, I didn't have any "Request Errors", so I'm optimistic.

Then to throw it all away, a really big problem: Remote still won't play groups. Audirvana version 1 played groups perfectly (OK, it used iTunes and iTunes always had this ability, so Audirvana always had it.) Audirvana Plus 3.5 plays groups perfectly, including with this remote. Quit Origin, launch 3.5, and the very same remote is great. Why did you throw away such a basic feature in Origin and Studio?

If I want to play a Symphony for instance, how do I tell Remote to play these 5 (or whatever) tracks ONLY, and not load and play the other 50 tracks in that album?

The new remote, despite adding the navigation alphabet (which of course it should have always had, as it was already there in 3.5) is a fail.

• 5 months later...

In order to keep a noisy tower server away from listening area, Audirvana can play to a renderer which is fine. 

I would prefer to have a very low power pc with USB output direct to a DAC. Does Audirvana have an 'agent' like NAA which can reside on a or several client machines, that can output directly from a main server to a local DAC? 

This could also allow multi room transmission of the same content. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

4 hours ago, One and a half said:

In order to keep a noisy tower server away from listening area, Audirvana can play to a renderer which is fine. 

I would prefer to have a very low power pc with USB output direct to a DAC. Does Audirvana have an 'agent' like NAA which can reside on a or several client machines, that can output directly from a main server to a local DAC? 

It works with the UPnP/DLNA standard.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, One and a half said:

Only one at a time.

JRiver is better for that as you can play to different “zones” (*) at the same time the same content or different content.

(*) Zones are for JRiver what Network Players are for Audirvana and are UPNP based like for Audirvana. Zones can be grouped together to play the same content to different zones or used alone to play different content to each of them

To use JRiver with UPNP endpoints (zones) you need to configure it as DLNA Controller

Stefano

My audio system